Good night irene - K'off ya windy beotch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:49 am

Yeh ,stay safe brothers and keep tucked up nice and warm in the house . Hope all's ok .
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Good luck lads stay safe, be wishin ya well mates ynwa  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Hope your all ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHeTkpG5uaA&feature=related

Half way in starts to really get scary.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Made it through.  What a wild morning.  lots of downed trees / broken tree limbs that need to be cleaned up.  Incredible experience.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:34 pm

The Good Yank wrote:Made it through.  What a wild morning.  lots of downed trees / broken tree limbs that need to be cleaned up.  Incredible experience.

Glad you rode it out alright, mate.  It's on it's way up here but is still due to be well west of us.  Still, the guy on the news this morning said we might still see 120 km/hr winds here.  :O

Cant see that happening but we've got the provisions ready just in case we lose power.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:Made it through.  What a wild morning.  lots of downed trees / broken tree limbs that need to be cleaned up.  Incredible experience.

Glad you rode it out alright, mate.  It's on it's way up here but is still due to be well west of us.  Still, the guy on the news this morning said we might still see 120 km/hr winds here.  :O

Cant see that happening but we've got the provisions ready just in case we lose power.

Good Luck up there Bob.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Spent an hour walking around River road, unreal that it really does become its own river right now.  Johnson park is so depressing, animals must have less than 10 feet of grass to stand on  :(.

I have some pics and vids, but I know :censored: all about posting them  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:37 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:Spent an hour walking around River road, unreal that it really does become its own river right now.  Johnson park is so depressing, animals must have less than 10 feet of grass to stand on  :(.

I have some pics and vids, but I know :censored: all about posting them  :D

I was wondering how River Road was.   RT 18 in New Brunswick is/was flooded pretty badly.  Which means bad news for Johnson's Park.  Thinking of taking a ride to near Landing Lane to have a look.  RU's season kicks off on Thursday.  Hopefully things will be back to normal.  Doubt it though as the rivers aren't expected to crest until Tuesday.
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:16 am

Took a walk down to Johnson park again, crossed the street to the animal side and had a park ranger yell at me to get back to the other side of the road.  Meanwhile in the background you can hear some animals screaming, its heart breaking, park ranger just standing around, listening...
SupitsJonF

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:22 am

SupitsJonF wrote:Took a walk down to Johnson park again, crossed the street to the animal side and had a park ranger yell at me to get back to the other side of the road.  Meanwhile in the background you can hear some animals screaming, its heart breaking, park ranger just standing around, listening...

Glad I didn't go then.  I was going to bring the kids along so they could see the flooding.  It really sucks how they've let that little zoo diminish over the years.  When I was a kid we'd go there at least once a month and bring a lunch and watch the animals.  Then when my friends and I were able to drive we'd use that area as a hook-up spot on Friday and Saturday nights.   "So what did you do Saturday night"  "I took Tammy to see Monty the Bear"

They've really let it go downhill over the years.
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum