Good free computer programs - Put your best here

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:45 pm

I was thinking the other day (rare but true) that some of you may know of some good legal freeware. So I will start :-

Avg anti-virus
Very good anti-virus (small footprint too)

zone alarm anti-virus

Another good anti-virus

ccleaner

Cleans all the :censored: off your comp

spellchecker

Some people need this more than others!stickies post it notes

Post it notes

ewido

EWIDO spyware cleaner

a-squared

Another free spyware cleaner

spybot search and destroy

Spyware and trojan cleaner

Hope they are of use to someone.
account deleted by request

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:59 pm

The Home of the Underdogs is a great site. Just google it.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:24 pm

if anyone wants mcafee enterprise antivirus (best one i've ever had) just pm me, i can give you a link to where you can get it completely free and comletely above-board  :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:36 pm

i need a decent Anti-virus. my sh1tty Norton expired weeks ago and ive been too worried about downloading another one in its place, in case my whole system goes tits up. Now i just leave it to chance i suppose...... :lookaround

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:40 pm

ZONEALARM is one of the best free anti-virus around but Woolybacks offer sounds even better Red37. Have fun uninstalling Norton mate. It can be a bugger to get off your comp.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

s@int wrote:ZONEALARM is one of the best free anti-virus around but Woolybacks offer sounds even better Red37. Have fun uninstalling Norton mate. It can be a bugger to get off your comp.

yeah, ive PM'd woolly. thats whats worrying me Saint..ive heard all kinds.  :(   

still, a bit of hard works better than having a total catastrophe through sheer lazinesss and ignorance i suppose.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Woollyback » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:52 pm

i uninstalled norton completely and it was easy enough tbh. i was glad to see the back of it, it was a sack of sh*t :suspect:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:03 pm

I think a lot depends on how much computer power you have TBH. If you have a fairly new comp with planty of ram and a decent CPU Norton is ok, but if your comps a few years old its best to steer clear. My comp is 6 years old so needless to say I steer well clear. :D

Thinking about it Red, your with Blueyonder so you should get free ANTI-VIRUS. spyware protection, firewall, identity protection,pop up blocker, parental control and  Privacy manager. I do anyway mate.

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:05 pm

ok heres a request.

im after an app. that converts text (from word/notepad) etc..
that can then be put through sound processors (s/forge) into SX/Reason for use in my tunes, eg (mp3/.wav). I know it sounds robotic and completely alien - thats exactly the effect i want. Ive already got onboard Vocoders/auto tune/Ring modulators etc..but no mike'. besides the phrases i want to use are relatively short anyway (not actual lyrics). so im guessing a text based program would suffice.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:11 pm

s@int wrote:Thinking about it Red, your with Blueyonder so you should get free ANTI-VIRUS. spyware protection, firewall, identity protection,pop up blocker, parental control and  Privacy manager. I do anyway mate.

as usual mate............blissfully unaware!   :D

id prefer not to go faffing about at all in my system. there is too much work at risk (coz some lazy get wont back up often enough). so any steps i do take will be very much those of a cautious foolish man. If blueyonder already have my ar5e covered, then thats fine by me....but do i then just 'disable' norton ? as opposed to scraping every last vestige of it from my HD.   ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:12 pm

share2

FreeTrial

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:15 pm

Disable it until you have tested and are happy with blueyonder PC GUARD. If you are then happy you can uninstall norton. Pc guard is SYMANTEC, it just has a smaller footprint and doesnt tie up all your resources.
PC GUARD LINK

Only for BLUEYONDER USERS ONLY.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:32 pm

Not really sure what you are after Red but you could try this :-demo

If nothing else its fun  :D Just choose speak, then open  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:39 pm

s@int wrote:Not really sure what you are after Red but you could try this :-demo

If nothing else its fun  :D Just choose speak, then open  :D

Ha haa! thats cool  - loving this thread  :eyebrow

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:48 pm

If  anyone's looking for a good office suite like Microsofts but doesn't want to fork out the £300 odd quid for old billies offering and doesn't want to procure it by 5finger discount then you can get a free program called open office which is just as good and it's got that magic cost - FREE.

Open Office - Download
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum