Danny guthrie's challenge on craig fagan.... - Results in a broken leg.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Not sure how many of you saw this challenge on MOTD. But after watching Danny play for us, didn't think he was the type of guy to do this....and it's emerged that Fagan's broke his tibia.

Here's a link....24secs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k41qYbTUYdo
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:14 pm

No denying it,that was Fu*king horrible.
If someone done that to one of ours you'd want their blood.Silly boy,it can only put it down to a rush of blood to the head and a moment of stupidity!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:36 pm

I blame it on Ashley
JoeTerp

Postby JC_81 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:46 pm

I think it was stupid and frustration rather than an intent to injure the lad.

Newcastle were sh.ite, being played off St James Park by Hull City FFS.  Guthrie lost his head and you saw him applauding the fans as he walked off - I think he was just trying to show them he was committed, and I genuinely think he will have been gutted and embarrassed to learn that his tackle had caused serious damage to the lad.

Still, he probably deserves more than a 3 game ban for that, Fagan will be out for 6 months at least.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:28 am

You can't defend the lad here john mate.

Fu.cking disgraceful challenge and he should be looking at a 6 game ban at least. Fu.cking terrible challenge. He intentionally went out to injure another player, it was rash, it was wreckless and HE MEANT IT.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:34 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:You can't defend the lad here john mate.

Fu.cking disgraceful challenge and he should be looking at a 6 game ban at least. Fu.cking terrible challenge. He intentionally went out to injure another player, it was rash, it was wreckless and HE MEANT IT.

100% agree - no excuses for what he did .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:51 am

Oh stop cryin like a little girl, I've seen well worse and more dangerous tackles than that. For :censored: sake worse goes on in every match around the country on a Saturday and Sunday... not that you'd know mind...

All he done was boot the lad, he didn't go in and stamp to try an injure him.

He's frustrated and kicked him. Thats all.

John's assessment was 100% spot on. The lads a :censored: good player and was probably sick of the :censored: he was playing with that day and its boiled over. It was stupid and rash, but he'll learn from it.

Lets face it, Gerrard's done far worse many more times than once in his career.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:40 am

What made it look worse was the fact that it was no where near the ball,
he blatantly kicked the player rather than mis-time or whatever.

If that was on Garston Park there would have been a 22 man fight.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:49 am

He's a dirty little scrote, and should count himself lucky the Hull players thought better of belting him.

If you have seen the challenge there is no doubt he intended to hurt him, he missed the first challenge and made sure on the second.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:18 am

Fo Dne wrote:

Oh stop cryin like a little girl, I've seen well worse and more dangerous tackles than that. For :censored: sake worse goes on in every match around the country on a Saturday and Sunday... not that you'd know mind...

John's assessment was 100% spot on. The lads a :censored: good player and was probably sick of the :censored: he was playing with that day and its boiled over. It was stupid and rash, but he'll learn from it.

You are such an embrassment to yourself.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:30 am

Fo Dne wrote:I've seen well worse and more dangerous tackles than that. For :censored: sake worse goes on in every match around the country on a Saturday and Sunday

You obviously play or watch a pretty shit level then. Even at reasonable amateur levels you can't get away with a tackle like that.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:45 am

Poor tackle by danny , FA going to have to stamp down more on this type of challenges
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:21 pm

football 365

Newcastle United's Danny Guthrie is likely to have his three-match ban for the tackle that broke the leg of Hull City striker Craig Fagan extended by the FA.

The governing body has confirmed it is studying the tackle, for which Guthrie was dismissed, and is poised to extend the three-match suspension his red card automatically triggered.

"We are looking at the incident," said a spokesman for the FA, "and have the right to alter the suspension if necessary."

Although Guthrie, who apparently made no attempt to play the ball in the closing seconds of Hull's win at St James' Park, has offered Fagan a personal apology, Hull boss Phil Brown has demanded that the midfielder's ban is increased. Fagan, who left the game on crutches, is likely to be out of action for two months after x-rays revealed a fracture.

"I think a red card and a three-game ban is insufficient," Browne complained. "He has put a fellow player into a cast for a minimum of six weeks and possibly three months.

"It was a direct result of a reckless and callous challenge from a player obviously affected by the situation that's going on at Newcastle and decided to take the law into his own hands.

"It cannot be tolerated, it needs to be kicked out of the game. I believe it was a coward's challenge. It was trying to show the Newcastle fans that he cares. He's definitely got a three-match ban but how can kicking a fellow professional in front of 50,000 people prove that you're a hard man? He could be out for six weeks, he could be out for three months, who knows?"

Were the FA to extend Guthrie's ban, their decision wouldn't be without precedent. Two years ago, they banned Ben Thatcher for eight matches after the then Manchester City knocked Pedro Mendes unconscious.
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:25 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

You are such an embrassment to yourself.

100% agree - no excuses for the tackle and it was shocking
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Poor tackle by danny , FA going to have to stamp down more on this type of challenges

unfortunate choice of words there

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum