Council strikes - Can of worms

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:20 pm

allow me to moot the following point before running a mile and ducking for cover as the sh1t-storm starts :D

today council workers all over the country are staging a one-day strike against the "85 years" rule that allows some of them to retire on full pension at age 60 meaning they'll all have to work til 65

meanwhile the rest of us are constantly being told that we'll have to work til 70 or 75 before we can retire, to fund the cost of paying public-service workers retiring at 65

and it's the council workers who are doing the moaning and the striking!! :wwww  f*ckin bananas! :angry:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:26 pm

i'm retiring at 55, and fuck what others think :p

it is mad though woolly, but with the population increases over the last few years, has put a strain on financial resources countrywide, so its no surprise that we may have to work longer. If it werent the council workers who were striking now, it would be someone else a little later down the line.

can you remember the miners strikes??, them were the days :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:31 pm

everybody should have to retire later, that's the point. we're all living longer so it's simple maths to work out that if you plan to have a longer retirement you have to put more time/money into your pension

everybody in the private sector accepted this generations ago so why should people in the mollycoddled world of public service workers expect that they should still retire early and that the rest of us should carry on working till we're dead to pay for it? f*ckin t0ssers
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:42 pm

Woollyback wrote:everybody should have to retire later, that's the point. we're all living longer so it's simple maths to work out that if you plan to have a longer retirement you have to put more time/money into your pension

everybody in the private sector accepted this generations ago so why should people in the mollycoddled world of public service workers expect that they should still retire early and that the rest of us should carry on working till we're dead to pay for it? f*ckin t0ssers

you retire older so i can retire early

cheers  :D

seriously, i understand exactly what you are saying mate, however, those of us who have prepared ealry for such an eventuality can laugh at those forced to work later because they didnt save when they were younger.

However, its a difficult one, but as you say, you will get slated by some on here and congratulated by others, but isnt that life
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:07 pm

I think they have every right to strike...  The majority of these people have been paying into a pension all their working life so they can retire at 60, only to be told that there is not enough money.. WHY?

Coz some lazy :censored: n0bs who don't have a job, or couldn't be ar5ed to put into a pension are taking out of the bucket of money that we have all put into.

and I don't even work for the council...
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:16 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I think they have every right to strike...  The majority of these people have been paying into a pension all their working life so they can retire at 60, only to be told that there is not enough money.. WHY?

Coz some lazy :censored: n0bs who don't have a job, or couldn't be ar5ed to put into a pension are taking out of the bucket of money that we have all put into.

and I don't even work for the council...

woolly, here another one who doesnt have a job  :D  blame him  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:20 pm

i hate the :censored: council. i pay so much tax its stupid. 113 a month for my flat? 300 a month from my pay? plus feck no how much tax on my cigs and booze. i personallu giv the government about 600 a month, so thats 7200 a year. lets say theres even only 5 million paying the same.. thats 360 million a year?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:22 pm

dawson99 wrote:i hate the :censored: council. i pay so much tax its stupid. 113 a month for my flat? 300 a month from my pay? plus feck no how much tax on my cigs and booze. i personallu giv the government about 600 a month, so thats 7200 a year. lets say theres even only 5 million paying the same.. thats 360 million a year?

dawson, thats peanuts compared to what i pay, and i live up north
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:25 pm

yeah but u should have to pay more so i can achieve the lifestyle im used to. i need all my money to go out hehe
anyways, down here we pay a lot more for beer and stuff. plus im on a :censored: wage so the paye and all that isnt too bad
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:32 pm

is living in a bedsit the lifestyle you like dawson, coz you can visit my 3 bedroom semi house, with 100 foot rear enclosed gardens if you like, and custom made barbi for the summer :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:51 pm

The 65 yr thing was fine when people started work at 16 and died at 70-75.

I don't think anybody can argue about raising the retirement age (although, maybe the years you've worked should be a better barometer, e.g. I didn't start work until 23 so I'd have no problem with somebody who started at 16 retiring before me).

However, in Ireland, we are getting FuKKed the same way as you in UK. IN Ireland, Soldiers get to retire after 20 years on a decent pension, they are under 40. Now I wouldn't mind if they were out fighting wars to keep my freedom but Ireland has never had a war - we're neutral so why the F*** are these guys treated so well.

All civil service get great pensions, my uncle was a teacher and he recently retired before 65, goes on great holidays a few times a year - private sector are supposed to work until you drop.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:59 pm

i think you should leave the army out of this niall. Unless youve been there and done it, then you are not entitled to that opinion mate
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Judge wrote:is living in a bedsit the lifestyle you like dawson, coz you can visit my 3 bedroom semi house, with 100 foot rear enclosed gardens if you like, and custom made barbi for the summer :p

its a fecking flat!!!! and a very ncie one. plus, all my moneys spent going out. u stay in your three bedroomed house mate, and i'll be at the bar  :wwww
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:03 pm

Woollyback wrote:allow me to moot the following point before running a mile and ducking for cover as the sh1t-storm starts :D

today council workers all over the country are staging a one-day strike against the "85 years" rule that allows some of them to retire on full pension at age 60 meaning they'll all have to work til 65

meanwhile the rest of us are constantly being told that we'll have to work til 70 or 75 before we can retire, to fund the cost of paying public-service workers retiring at 65

and it's the council workers who are doing the moaning and the striking!! :wwww  f*ckin bananas! :angry:

Why do you think im posting on here in the day time Woolly...

....IM OFF ON STRIKE!!!!  :buttrock
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:13 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Judge wrote:is living in a bedsit the lifestyle you like dawson, coz you can visit my 3 bedroom semi house, with 100 foot rear enclosed gardens if you like, and custom made barbi for the summer :p

its a fecking flat!!!! and a very ncie one. plus, all my moneys spent going out. u stay in your three bedroomed house mate, and i'll be at the bar  :wwww

i have an all purpose bar in my home, plus a ten foot screen for the footy and pool table. Plus the local is a stoone throw away

wuhahahah, beat that bedsit boy  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum