Could you live without football?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red37 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:13 pm

i was having a shave before...and was listening to the legends on century.

and you know how you prioritize things in your mind..

1.the kids
2.work
3.debts
4.the missus
5.jollies

etc...etc

i was wondering about how essential football is in my life... and i mean LIVERPOOL F.C here. whether its a pre-season friendly against some slovakian 'b' side or the champions league final....it matters a LOT.
like saturday....
you find yourself agonizing over every aspect of the upcoming game. and all the different scenario's involved. the ifs/buts.

just wanted to know how you lot feel about it. and how high on the list of priorities would you rate the 'religion' of LFC?

(i have to say personally, i dont think i could enjoy life (as much) without it all. 

???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:21 pm

Could I live without football ? Depends who's playing . :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:22 pm

Im obsessed with it all, every morning Im up checking the gossip column on the BBC. Then its on here to see if there is any other news.

When Liverpool is playing the whole day is null and void for the people around me because I just focus on that for the day. If they lose Im in the worst of form and the girlfriend knows to stay away!

If there is Premiership football on the tele then Ill watch it, it dosent matter who is playing and Ive got into the spanish football now as well much to the joy of my girlfriend :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:26 pm

Dundalk wrote:Im obsessed with it all, every morning Im up checking the gossip column on the BBC. Then its on here to see if there is any other news.

When Liverpool is playing the whole day is null and void for the people around me because I just focus on that for the day. If they lose Im in the worst of form and the girlfriend knows to stay away!

If there is Premiership football on the tele then Ill watch it, it dosent matter who is playing and Ive got into the spanish football now as well much to the joy of my girlfriend :D

that sounds EXACTLY like me. if im at work it kills me to go without news/updates. or, worse still, when you are taping it and you've to go all fking day trying to avoid big g.obs who might tell the score  :angry:

THATS STRESS!  :D

im possessed with it..

:laugh:   ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:30 pm

no deffo no.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:32 pm

Im on the phone all day checking updates on WAP my bill is getting dearer all the time .

God knows what it is going to be like by the end of this transfer window :laugh:  :laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:40 pm

By the way anyone with a missus who will want to be winened and dined on Valentines night, well we are playing Arsenal on TV that night so you better get your excuses ready
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:31 am

I can't believe the b*stard Premiership bosses have scheduled LFC vs Arsenal for St. Valentines Day.

What a bunch of toss pots. :angry:

If you took LFC away from me, I'd cry like a baby and emmigrate to West Sardinia to become a Leek salesman to the crustacean menfolk of the upper-north side of the South-west quadrent.

The fact that this area does not exist would result in my demise through lack of nourishment, dehydration and possibly severe heat stroke.
My untimely death would be commemorated by  hoardes of Vultures (the leader of which would be called Larry) gorging themselves silly upon the lavish feast of gutted fat-man and semi-decayed entrails.

So no - I couldn't live without LFC.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:18 am

nope simple as that, ive played the game since i was 5. Been a liverpool supporter to long to give it up.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:36 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I can't believe the b*stard Premiership bosses have scheduled LFC vs Arsenal for St. Valentines Day.

If you took LFC away from me, I'd cry like a baby and emmigrate to West Sardinia to become a Leek salesman to the crustacean menfolk of the upper-north side of the South-west quadrent.

The fact that this area does not exist would result in my demise through lack of nourishment, dehydration and possibly severe heat stroke.
My untimely death would be commemorated by  hoardes of Vultures (the leader of which would be called Larry) gorging themselves silly upon the lavish feast of gutted fat-man and semi-decayed entrails.

glad you cleared that up lando    :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Feeney » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:02 pm

I was in the doghouse last night for my 'over-zealous' reaction to something the missus done while I was watching the match.

Being the top bloke I am, I decided to record the match on Sky + and pick the missus up from work (which was about 6-ish - midway thru first half) and watch it when I got home. The journey and the susequent watching of the match was frought with danger as I deflected telephone calls, radio shows and texts as not to spoil my enjoyment of the match for when I arrived home.

We were soon home and I sat back to watch the match, can in hand. By the time it was 1-0, it was probably about 3-1 to you.

As I sat there feeling quietly confident after Stevie's goal the missus came downstairs after doing whatever it was she was doing. She enquired why the match was only 1-0 as she thought it kicked off at half 5. I explained that I had recorded it and that I had no knowledge of the 'live' score.

Then it happened.

Following what I said, an expression came onto her face - that expression where someone knows something you don't, and you ain't gonna like what they know. She then started acting very sheepish around me and decided to make her way to the kitchen.

What does she know? What was going on, real time? It's obviously bad news and shes ruined the game! Why pull that face? Why mess with me like that!?

I then lost the plot a little as I felt it was a serious play on my emotions to do such a thing and completely ruin any enjoyment I had of the game I was watching. In fact, my words were probably like 'how the f**k do you know the score - what are you pulling a face like that for, are you deliberately trying to wind me the f**k up' etc etc. To which I got back that I was being childish and 'it's only a game' (which, as a statement, I F**KING CAN'T STAND :angry:  ).

So, like a child at Christmas, I couldn't wait any longer. I just had to know. I spent majority of the match fast forwarding and seeing us go 3-1 down. The b!tch knew of this impeeding doom and knew what I would be like afterwards and made matters 10 times worse. How could she? ???

Anyway, we won the game, I was finally happy but not spoken to all night. My point is that I love football as much as anything else in my life and if you mess with me during my football 'fix' I ain't gonna react in a nice way. Infact, i'm gonna be a downright nasty c**t if things ain't going my way and if you wind me up i'm gonna go ballistic. :)

It's pretty important to me then  :rasp

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:18 pm

i know what you mean feeney  :D

i watched it live and at half time she leaned over me to switch on the baby monitor and smirking said..."they are out you may as well turn it off"  :angry:

just the face and the fact of giving up on her face made me fuming!  :D

funny thing is, it was me who gave up at half time in may, while she told me to believe  :bump . so you cant get it all ways.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:30 pm

Liverpool fc have been so very important to me for 31 years ever since i saw them aged 6 against Derby in 1974.My uncle took me that day and after i was hooked,and i went with my uncle every week after that.Whether it be christmas presents,birthday presents since 1974 my presents have always included something with a Liverpool fc theme,from a new shirt / strip every year to even having some patrick football boots because they had kenny dalglish's name on them.
I've travelled across Europe,missed family weddings and even changed the date of my own wedding (divorced now)when  i realised it was the same time as liverpool playing at home.
Every match day my thoughts are on the game and win lose or draw,its in my thoughts for days after........

could i live without football  no
could i live without Liverpool Fc definately not and never
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:31 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I can't believe the b*stard Premiership bosses have scheduled LFC vs Arsenal for St. Valentines Day.

Haha Spotted that while back Lando!

Theres going to be many a fight on valentines day on the streets of Liverpool, haha i cant wait to see this disaster, 2 lads i go with are married, it will be intresting to see what they do on the 14th!!!

By the way i couldnt live without football but then again if it didnt exist you will have never known it was there to get disapointed about, so i could live without it if it never exist but i couldnt hack it if it just stopped,

i live for nights like last night, Istanbul, Olyimpiakos, Roma, Juve, the 4-3 games v newcastle, Uefa cup Semi final v PSG 1997, my 1st great european experiance on the kop and walking out speechless and nearly in tears, my 1st game i went to with me new season ticket which was fowlers 4 and a half minute hat trick, the 2001 season, the parades of 2001 and 2005, Stan collymore, my favourite player in the prem as a kid, signing for my team, his debut goal, and thats to name a few memorys.

Live without football, not a fu*king chance mate, people dont think its that important but the highs ive hit just supporting the team i love from the city i am from is priceless, you simply cant buy stuff like those moments.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:20 pm

I could live without it yes

Would hate every minute of it though!!
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum