He was a F*cking genius
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 am

metalhead » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:57 pm wrote:He was a F*cking genius

Absolutely immense!

Brian Cox isn't bad either...

Didn't have you down as the star gazing type.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:42 am

He  certainly was and taken far too early.
Hard to believe its been nearly 20 years
Last edited by laza on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 am

Stu, I've been interested in astronomy and Cosmos for the past 3-4 years now :D, been reading about Sagan recently and watched his Cosmos series (which are incredible) and I'm halfway through his first book.

Laza, he was immense, I wish he was still alive to witness some of the discoveries that we've made in the 2000s, the way he also debated people on science (mostly evolution) he wasn't aggressive or condescending he just put his points in a clear manner for people to understand. He didn't need to believe in some magical super daddy to explain how the Universe works he wanted people to learn and understand the cosmos

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:50 pm

metalhead » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 am wrote:Stu, I've been interested in astronomy and Cosmos for the past 3-4 years now :D, been reading about Sagan recently and watched his Cosmos series (which are incredible) and I'm halfway through his first book.

Laza, he was immense, I wish he was still alive to witness some of the discoveries that we've made in the 2000s, the way he also debated people on science (mostly evolution) he wasn't aggressive or condescending he just put his points in a clear manner for people to understand. He didn't need to believe in some magical super daddy to explain how the Universe works he wanted people to learn and understand the cosmos

There is a series by the BBC over here Izzat called wonders of the solar system and another one called wonders of the universe by a professor from Manchester Uni (Brian Cox) used to be in a band called D-reamz... he's really good as well.

The distances and time scales they talk about are absolutely mind blowing.

I'm just hoping I get to see Betelguese blow up before I die! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:18 pm

I watched Morgan Freeman narrating some documentaries about the cosmos and the universe, that was fun  :D

I just love how the way Carl Sagan explains things, by giving easy examples for the average joe to understand, it's a shame that many people don't listen and switch to blind faith instead.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum