Brazilian jiu jitsu - Anyone train?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Espionage » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:53 am

Royce Gracie was not even ranked high in the Gracie family at the time when he dominated in the UFC.

Its pretty funny how easy it is for someone who knows ground fighting to own someone who doesnt.  And you are right about belts Emerald Red, if I wanted to get a black belt then I picked the wrong martial art.  People at my gym get their blue belt in a minimum of 1 and half years.  On my first day I got submitted twice in 5 mins by a 5f10 65kg girl (and I am 6f4 90kg and sporty) who was a white belt. 

And no its not that fun having your carotid artery blocked by a woman squeezing you in between her legs (triangle choke).
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:01 pm

Espionage wrote:I have been training for about a year and am a white belt under Ben Hall in Melbourne (a Carlson Gracie black belt) in Australia. I love the sport and have competed twice with no podium finishes yet :upside:

Might be going out on a limb here (cos I dont really know how popular it is in England) but does anyone here train? or want to train in the future? Or even heard of what it is?

I did a couple of years ju-jitsu as a kid but i've been doing judo on and off since I was 9 years old. I enjoyed the ju-jitsu but i've always loved the fact that judo is an out-an-out sport.

UFC is a good watch, lots of high quality ju-jitsu on show but i always look out for the judoka's (judo players) such as Paro Karisian (think that's how you spell it), very explosive fighter who uses judo throws to get his opponent to ground-work.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:19 pm

It amazes me howmany Brazilians are in the UFC - tough feckers.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:33 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:I'm a black belt in Taekwondo , thinking of going for me 2nd Dun .
I've heard of it but don't really think its that popular

Fuck off you're a black belt  :laugh:   :D

I am a black belt mate seriously , but taekwondo you get upgraded on belts based on a pattern which is a series of blocks and kicks . We do have sparring but its not really that important till after you're a black belt
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum