Boy to man - The things we do

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:39 pm

Bloke things

1. OPENING JARS - She's struggling. You take it from her hands, open it effortlessly and pretend she loosened it for you. She didn't. Jars are men's work.

2. CALLING SOMEONE 'SON' - Especially policeman but even saying it to kids makes you the man.

3. DOING A PROPER SLIDE TACKLE - Beckham free kicks - camp. A Stuart Pearce tackle is the pinnacle of the game, simultaneously winning the ball and crippling the man. Magic.

4. SHARPENING A PENCIL WITH A STANLEY KNIFE - Blunt, is it? Hand it here love. No, I don't need a sharpener, I've got a knife thanks!

5. GOING TO THE TIP - A manly act which combines driving, lifting and - as you thrillingly drop your rubbish into another huge pile of other rubbish - noisy destruction.

6. DRINKING UP - Specifically, rising from the table, slinging your
coat on and downing two thirds of a pint in one fluid movement. Then
nodding towards the door, saying, "Let's go" and striding out
while everyone else struggles to catch up with you. You're hard.

7. HAVING A THIN BIT OF WOOD - in the shed, solely to stir paint with.

8. HAVING A SCAR - Ideally it'll be a facial knife wound, but even an iron burn on the wrist is good.
"Ooh, did it hurt". "Nah".

9. HAVING A HANGOVER AND THICK STUBBLE - When birds have been partying they just whinge. You on the other hand have physical evidence of your hardness, sprouting from your face. "Big night?" Grr, what does it look like.

10. NODDING AT COPPERS - A moment's eye contact is all it takes for you to share the unspoken bond. "We've not seen eye to eye in the
past",it says, "but someone's got to keep the little scrotes in line".

11. USING POWER TOOLS - Slightly more powerful than you need or can safely handle. Pneumatic drilling while smoking a fag? Superb.

12. KICKING A FOOTY AGAINST A GARAGE DOOR - Clang-g-g-g-g-g-! Stick that Becks, I kick so hard I set off car alarms.

13. ARRIVING IN A PUB LATE - And everyone cheers you.
It doesn't mean you're popular, it just means your mates are :censored:.
However, the rest of the pub doesn't know that.

14. NOT WATCHING YOUR WEIGHT - Fat is a feminist issue, apparently. Brilliant. Pass the pork scratchings.

15. CARVING THE ROAST - And saying "are you a leg or breast man?" to the blokes and "do you want stuffing?" to the women.
Congratulations, you are now your dad.

16. WINKING - Turns women to putty. Doesn't it?

17. TEST SWINGING HAMMERS - Ideally, B&Q would have little changing rooms with mirrors so you could see how rugged you look with any DIY item. Until then, we'll make do with the aisles.

18. TAKING OUT £200 FROM A CASHPOINT - Okay, so its for paying the plumber later but with that much cash you feel like a mafia don. The only thing better is peeling notes off the roll later.

19. PHONE CALLS THAT LAST LESS THAN A MINUTE - Unlike birds, we get straight to the point. "Alright? Yep. Drink? Red lion? George, it is then. Seven. See ya."

20. PARALLEL PARKING - Bosh, straight in. First time.
Can Schumacher do that? No, because his cars got no reverse gear
which, technically, makes you the worlds best driver.

21. HAVING EARNED THAT PINT - Since the dawn of time, men have toiled in the fields in blistering heat. Why? So when it's over we can stand there in silence, surveying our work with one hand resting on the beer gut while the other nurses a foaming jug of ale. Aaaah.

22. HAVING SOMETHING PROPERLY WRONG WITH YOU - Especially if you didn't make a fuss. "Why was I off, nothing much, just a brain haemorrhage".

23. KNOWING WHICH SCREWDRIVER IS WHICH - "A Phillips?
For that? Are you mad, bint?"

24. TAKING A NEWSPAPER INTO THE LOO - A visual code that says that's right, I'm going in there for a huge, long man-sized pony. 

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza 1 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:49 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Bloke things

1. OPENING JARS - She's struggling. You take it from her hands, open it effortlessly and pretend she loosened it for you. She didn't. Jars are men's work.

2. CALLING SOMEONE 'SON' - Especially policeman but even saying it to kids makes you the man.

3. DOING A PROPER SLIDE TACKLE - Beckham free kicks - camp. A Stuart Pearce tackle is the pinnacle of the game, simultaneously winning the ball and crippling the man. Magic.

4. SHARPENING A PENCIL WITH A STANLEY KNIFE - Blunt, is it? Hand it here love. No, I don't need a sharpener, I've got a knife thanks!

5. GOING TO THE TIP - A manly act which combines driving, lifting and - as you thrillingly drop your rubbish into another huge pile of other rubbish - noisy destruction.

6. DRINKING UP - Specifically, rising from the table, slinging your
coat on and downing two thirds of a pint in one fluid movement. Then
nodding towards the door, saying, "Let's go" and striding out
while everyone else struggles to catch up with you. You're hard.

7. HAVING A THIN BIT OF WOOD - in the shed, solely to stir paint with.

8. HAVING A SCAR - Ideally it'll be a facial knife wound, but even an iron burn on the wrist is good.
"Ooh, did it hurt". "Nah".

9. HAVING A HANGOVER AND THICK STUBBLE - When birds have been partying they just whinge. You on the other hand have physical evidence of your hardness, sprouting from your face. "Big night?" Grr, what does it look like.

10. NODDING AT COPPERS - A moment's eye contact is all it takes for you to share the unspoken bond. "We've not seen eye to eye in the
past",it says, "but someone's got to keep the little scrotes in line".

11. USING POWER TOOLS - Slightly more powerful than you need or can safely handle. Pneumatic drilling while smoking a fag? Superb.

12. KICKING A FOOTY AGAINST A GARAGE DOOR - Clang-g-g-g-g-g-! Stick that Becks, I kick so hard I set off car alarms.

13. ARRIVING IN A PUB LATE - And everyone cheers you.
It doesn't mean you're popular, it just means your mates are :censored:.
However, the rest of the pub doesn't know that.

14. NOT WATCHING YOUR WEIGHT - Fat is a feminist issue, apparently. Brilliant. Pass the pork scratchings.

15. CARVING THE ROAST - And saying "are you a leg or breast man?" to the blokes and "do you want stuffing?" to the women.
Congratulations, you are now your dad.

16. WINKING - Turns women to putty. Doesn't it?

17. TEST SWINGING HAMMERS - Ideally, B&Q would have little changing rooms with mirrors so you could see how rugged you look with any DIY item. Until then, we'll make do with the aisles.

18. TAKING OUT £200 FROM A CASHPOINT - Okay, so its for paying the plumber later but with that much cash you feel like a mafia don. The only thing better is peeling notes off the roll later.

19. PHONE CALLS THAT LAST LESS THAN A MINUTE - Unlike birds, we get straight to the point. "Alright? Yep. Drink? Red lion? George, it is then. Seven. See ya."

20. PARALLEL PARKING - Bosh, straight in. First time.
Can Schumacher do that? No, because his cars got no reverse gear
which, technically, makes you the worlds best driver.

21. HAVING EARNED THAT PINT - Since the dawn of time, men have toiled in the fields in blistering heat. Why? So when it's over we can stand there in silence, surveying our work with one hand resting on the beer gut while the other nurses a foaming jug of ale. Aaaah.

22. HAVING SOMETHING PROPERLY WRONG WITH YOU - Especially if you didn't make a fuss. "Why was I off, nothing much, just a brain haemorrhage".

23. KNOWING WHICH SCREWDRIVER IS WHICH - "A Phillips?
For that? Are you mad, bint?"

24. TAKING A NEWSPAPER INTO THE LOO - A visual code that says that's right, I'm going in there for a huge, long man-sized pony. 

:D  :D
Is there something wrong with me? I have just read your list woof, and I do most of the things on there. Well maybe not number 9 and number 12. I dont have a garage!! I have another half who works a 70 hour week, so if I need something done I have to do it myself :p
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:58 pm

kazza 1 wrote:Is there something wrong with me? I have just read your list woof, and I do most of the things on there. Well maybe not number 9 and number 12. I dont have a garage!!

There is obviously something wrong with you .

BUY A STICK ON BEARD AND KICK A BALL AGAINST SOMEONE ELSE'S GARAGE  !

That should sort you out .      :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza 1 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:02 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
kazza 1 wrote:Is there something wrong with me? I have just read your list woof, and I do most of the things on there. Well maybe not number 9 and number 12. I dont have a garage!!

There is obviously something wrong with you .

BUY A STICK ON BEARD AND KICK A BALL AGAINST SOMEONE ELSE'S GARAGE  !

That should sort you out .      :D

I'm not a girly girl if you know what I mean. I'm not afraid to get me hands dirty!!
Dont think I'd suit a stick on beard and I dont think the neigbours would be to pleased at me kicking a ball against their garage door. But I could always try!! :p
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dia- mond » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:06 pm

number17... :D :D :D
dia- mond

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:13 pm

kazza 1 wrote:I dont think the neigbours would be to pleased at me kicking a ball against their garage door. But I could always try!! :p

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

I thought you said you're not a "girly girl" 

Tell yer what , the Samaritans have got a vacancy in their customer complaints dept. Why not apply ? , I think you'd be brilliant .   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza 1 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:19 pm

:D  :D Thanks!!
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:10 am

And there's taking charge of the barby whilst swigging your can of Stella.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:48 am

"Having a fridge completely devoted to beer" and "Taking charge of the Champagne cork popping" should be on there.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:03 pm

my fridge has always got the free coleslaw and potato salad i get with the pizza :d
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:00 pm

some great and funny observations woof! most of em too true its unreal.  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Return to General Chat Forum