Andy murray - Dont worry, youll know him in the mornin

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Garymac » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:29 pm

Yes as Hen-Mania ground to the most predictible stop ever at just round two, the buck of british hopes was placed on the sholders of a 18 year old lad (Andy Murray) who was ranked 317 in the world who was playing on No.1 court for the 1st time and it was only his 4th ever professional match, his opponent was ranked 13th in the world and seeded 14th..who won.......you betcha Murray 3 sets to nil, this kid hardly broke sweat and took the Czech he was playing apart, move over henman, theres a new kid in town...and he looks the business.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:37 am

:D Dont you think this lad is being over hyped
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:02 am

I thought that too... but after his performance and the professional attitude he took today I might have to start reconsidering, he is gonna be the next big thing if u ask me!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:03 am

Nah, he'll have a bad patch and the LTA will drop him like a sack of sh*t.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:40 am

Mikz wrote: :D Dont you think this lad is being over hyped

What? By me? Your Joking, were exactly did it look like in my post i was over hyping him!!! The good thing is hes Scottish not English so he wont be a bottle out! (for bottle look to england taking penalties, henman at wimbledon.....also how many english players took a pen for LFC in the european cup.....exactly) When it comes to the crunch were just a nation of sh!thouses!!!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:33 am

I don't like tennis but give Henman credit. He is possibly one of the best dozen players in the world. He was never good enough to win a major tournament but he is still the best britain has had in a long time. He didn't bottle it, he's just not good enough.

Give the scottish guy time, he has won a few games but don't put a tonne of pressure on him to win big titles, see how he progresses, you make this mistake in football, always thinking this team really could win the world cup (they can't England are pretty good but no more - do well to make quarters)

Definately leave the scots have him, Scotland are rubbish at football & rugby so at least leave the place have one sports hero.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:58 am

Big Niall wrote:I don't like tennis but give Henman credit. He is possibly one of the best dozen players in the world. He was never good enough to win a major tournament but he is still the best britain has had in a long time. He didn't bottle it, he's just not good enough.

Give the scottish guy time, he has won a few games but don't put a tonne of pressure on him to win big titles, see how he progresses, you make this mistake in football, always thinking this team really could win the world cup (they can't England are pretty good but no more - do well to make quarters)

Definately leave the scots have him, Scotland are rubbish at football & rugby so at least leave the place have one sports hero.

Do you know what Niall, i was always the opposite to what u said, i always thought he was good enough to win a major but always buckled under the intense pressure he was under at wimbledon,But this kid looks quality no doubt, hes like a Rooney you know when you see someone so naturally talented at a sport and this kids the same, he looks like a seasoned pro the way he played yesterday, the kids got a massive future.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:06 am

Garymac wrote:
Big Niall wrote:I don't like tennis but give Henman credit. He is possibly one of the best dozen players in the world. He was never good enough to win a major tournament but he is still the best britain has had in a long time. He didn't bottle it, he's just not good enough.

Do you know what Niall, i was always the opposite to what u said, i always thought he was good enough to win a major but always buckled under the intense pressure he was under at wimbledon,But this kid looks quality no doubt, hes like a Rooney you know when you see someone so naturally talented at a sport and this kids the same, he looks like a seasoned pro the way he played yesterday, the kids got a massive future.

I guess your a bit fond of him then?  :D

You've gotta admit, tennis is for puffs.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:51 pm

Lee J wrote:
Garymac wrote:

I guess your a bit fond of him then?  :D

You've gotta admit, tennis is for puffs.

Agree with that lee tennis is for poofs, but im just dead patriotic mate, espacially with no footy on you need somethin else to watch!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 84-1106852058 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:06 pm

Garymac wrote:
Mikz wrote::When it comes to the crunch were just a nation of sh!thouses!!!!!

:angry:
84-1106852058

Postby Honolulu Bob » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:30 pm

Yeah tennis is for puffs!  :angry:
Henmans the biggest puff o' the lot, I got more chance of winning Wimbledon than him, an' I've got a wooden leg and a hook (and crabs)!!
Tiger Tim, my ar.se!! He's a pussy  :angry:

cat  :D
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:45 pm

Womens tennis is good ,although it gets a bit confusing when they stuff some balls into their knickers .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:46 pm

Honolulu Bob wrote:Yeah tennis is for puffs!  :angry:
Henmans the biggest puff o' the lot, I got more chance of winning Wimbledon than him, an' I've got a wooden leg and a hook (and crabs)!!
Tiger Tim, my ar.se!! He's a pussy  :angry:

cat  :D

I'm sure Rugby fans will say football is for puffs. I mean they are tough dudes. Can you imagine the hair band brigade (Harry Kewell, Beckham etc) playing rugby. They'd have the ability to be backs but not the balls.

I'm not a ruby fan nor a tennis one but the toughness of a sport doesn't always mean its better.

Gaelic football is much tougher than your football but in my opinion it is nowhere near as good.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:49 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Womens tennis is good ,although it gets a bit confusing when they stuff some balls into their knickers .

:D

Yeah that confuses me to Woof,I once had a terrible expierience in Hamburg :blush:
84-1106852058

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:51 pm

Hope it was at least on grass and not clay baron  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to General Chat Forum