Amityville - Fact or fiction

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kazza 1 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:05 pm

Having just reread Jay Anson's book, "The Amityville Horror", I thought I would look up the net to see if I could find anything about the murders of the family that lived there before the Lutzs.

I found this really interesting website.
http://www.amityvillemurders.com/

It tells the story of a young man called Ronald "Butch" DeFoe brutally killing his entire family as they slept in their beds. But the part I found very interesting was, that what was supposed to happen to the Lutz's was a hoax. I have always sort of believed that what happened to them was a true story (to a certain extent). But having read this I'm not so sure.
I have always believed in the paranormal and a lot of that was based on the Amityville story.
So what do you all think??? Give the web pages a read then post you opinions here. I would be very interested in your thoughts.
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:21 pm

I read the book years ago, and like you, I thought it was based on facts or at least someones experiences at the time. A couple of years later the truth came out that it was just a hoax, and was just someones idea to make money.

As for the paranormal and the supernatural, like religion and little green men from outer space, I would put them in the same catagory as Father Christmas and the tooth fairy, great stories for kids.
account deleted by request

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:08 pm

s@int wrote:As for the paranormal and the supernatural, like religion and little green men from outer space, I would put them in the same catagory as Father Christmas and the tooth fairy, great stories for kids.

What? you mean father Christmas isn't real, all those years......  :;):

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:16 pm

I watched the movie, it was kind of a scary idea! I don't know if I believe its a true story,although I believe in demons, devils and supernatural spirits.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:21 pm

Going of the subject a bit The Exorcist film is about a girl, when in fact it was a boy that was possesed. So why change the story ? ???
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:59 pm

jkop wrote:Going of the subject a bit The Exorcist film is about a girl, when in fact it was a boy that was possesed. So why change the story ? ???

I'm sorry jkop, but I have searched to internet and have'nt found anything to say it was a boy that was possessed. It has always been a wee girl. I have also read the book and the possessed person is also a girl. But in the Exorcist III it revolves around a wee boy. Maybe thats what your thinking about? ???
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:01 am

Anyone more thoughts on the Amityville story? ???
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:26 am

kazza 1 wrote:
jkop wrote:Going of the subject a bit The Exorcist film is about a girl, when in fact it was a boy that was possesed. So why change the story ? ???

I'm sorry jkop, but I have searched to internet and have'nt found anything to say it was a boy that was possessed. It has always been a wee girl. I have also read the book and the possessed person is also a girl. But in the Exorcist III it revolves around a wee boy. Maybe thats what your thinking about? ???

What Jkop means is the Exorcist was supposedly based on a "true story" in which a young boy was possessed. When they came to make the film they changed the sex of the child to a boy.

link to "true story"

The reason for this given at the time was that the audience would have more sympathy and a stronger conection with a young female.

Possession by the devil in young females is quite common, but is usually known as PMT these days  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby greenred » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:40 am

s@int wrote:Possession by the devil in young females is quite common, but is usually known as PMT these days  :

Yep,tell my Mrs about it.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:56 am

Just watch "Most Haunted" on TV with ex-Red Derek "I feel a presence" Acorah...... What a load of sh*te.....!
Don't believe one iota of it all......

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:01 pm

Derek Acorah is a genius!!!!
the way he does those funny voices, absolute gem of a programme

The ronald Defoe stories are trueif you ask me and are about his killing of his entire family. All six of the victims were found lying face down in their beds with no signs of a struggle or sedatives having been administered, leading to claims that someone in the house would have been woken up by the noise of the gunshots. Neighbors did not report hearing any gunshots being fired. The police investigation concluded that the victims had been asleep at the time of the murders, and that the rifle had not been fitted with a silencer. Police officers and the medical examiner who attended the scene were initially puzzled by the rapidity and scale of the killings, and considered the possibility that more than one person had been responsible for the crime. Ronald DeFeo has given several accounts of how the killings were carried out, all of them inconsistent.

DeFeo's trial began on October 14, 1975. He and his defense lawyer William Weber mounted a defense of insanity, with DeFeo claiming that voices in his head had urged him to carry out the killings. The insanity plea was supported by the psychiatrist for the defense, Doctor Daniel Schwartz. The psychiatrist for the prosecution, Doctor Harold Zolan, maintained that although DeFeo had an antisocial personality disorder and was an abuser of heroin and LSD, he was aware of his actions at the time of the crime. On November 21, 1975, DeFeo was found guilty on six counts of second-degree murder. On December 4, 1975, Judge Thomas Stark sentenced Ronald DeFeo Junior to six consecutive sentences of 25 years to life. DeFeo is currently held in Green Haven Correctional Facility, Beekman, New York, and all of his appeals to the parole board to date have been turned down.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:22 pm

We know that what happened on the night of November 13th 1974 is true, but do you think what happened to George and Kathy Lutz is true......???

The Lutz family, George, Kathy and Kathys 3 children (2 boys and a girl) from a previous marriage moved in to 112 Ocean Avenue sometime in September 1975. 28 days later the whole family including their dog abondoned the house in the middle of the night claiming that they could no longer stay in the house due to the paranormal things that where happening to them. These included .................
green slime coming out of the walls
black stains appearing in the toilets that they could'nt get off
100's of flies appearing in the sewing room even though it was winter
Kathy being touched by unseen hands
George woke at the same time every night 3.15. This was supposed to be the time that DeFoe killed his famliy
Cruifix's where turned upside down
And they also heard voices amongest other things...

After reading so many different web sites, including the link I posted in my first post and this one......

http://www.ghostvillage.com/legends/2005/legends36_04122005.shtml

I think I believe that some of the things that happened to the Lutz family is made up, but I dont think all of it is.
I am a great fan of things like Most Hunted etc and I believe, like they do, that people leave some sort of energy behind when they die and that energy is then absorbed in to the house etc. So when Ronald DeFoe killed his family, would their residual (sp) energies not have been left behind in the house?? And would they not be angry because their lives where taken away so suddenly??
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:11 pm

s@int wrote:
kazza 1 wrote:

What Jkop means is the Exorcist was supposedly based on a "true story" in which a young boy was possessed. When they came to make the film they changed the sex of the child to a boy.

link to "true story"

The reason for this given at the time was that the audience would have more sympathy and a stronger conection with a young female.

Possession by the devil in young females is quite common, but is usually known as PMT these days  :D

Cheers S@int. :D     (theexorcist.com)
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:17 pm

I watch Most Haunted among other things and i am a believer, and also can't believe that we are alone in the big vast mass that is called space' it just sounds ridiculous to think that we are so special that out of the trillions of stars and planets that there are not beings like
ourselfes or biengs thousands of light years ahead of us atleast.

Little green men i don't buy that's just wacky :laugh: compared to everything else iv'e just stated :D but basically it makes this f@cked up planet we live on seem more exciting if you believe in all the other stuff, Demons,Ghosts, and all the other stuff.

Rant over thats it :D  :p
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:23 pm

mistyred wrote:I watch Most Haunted among other things and i am a believer, and also can't believe that we are alone in the big vast mass that is called space' it just sounds ridiculous to think that we are so special that out of the trillions of stars and planets that there are not beings like
ourselfes or biengs thousands of light years ahead of us atleast.

Little green men i don't buy that's just wacky :laugh: compared to everything else iv'e just stated :D but basically it makes this f@cked up planet we live on seem more exciting if you believe in all the other stuff, Demons,Ghosts, and all the other stuff.

Rant over thats it :D  :p

A Demon talked to me once, I told him to F*ck off!   :D

I believe in them demons!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum