Adidas star wars ad - Best ad ever!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:15 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:The idea had potential but there was nothing funny about it in the end. Just a load of scenes of some famous and some "famous" faces doing feck all in amongst a star wars scene. Bloke wandering about with a gun, Noel Gallagher sitting in a corner being a nob, snoop diddly squat arguing, and Beckham showing his face as he has so often does in these celebrity-filled football ads. It wasn't interesting and didn't at all fit with the "originality" line.  All in all a disjointed, uninteresting pile of sh!te.

you're a fun guy, you know that... Ian Brown was a good touch... Snoop was funny, the robots wore sweet Adidas...

The idea had potential but they didn't make it work, IMO. "He doesn't like you", "I don't like you either" is as dull an exchange there is to initiate an action scene however trivial the context.

To be fair I've just seen it again, no idea why it's Adidas, but I like it anyways
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:07 pm

LFC2007 wrote:The idea had potential but there was nothing funny about it in the end. Just a load of scenes of some famous and some "famous" faces doing feck all in amongst a star wars scene. Bloke wandering about with a gun, Noel Gallagher sitting in a corner being a nob, snoop diddly squat arguing, and Beckham showing his face as he has so often does in these celebrity-filled football ads. It wasn't interesting and didn't at all fit with the "originality" line.  All in all a disjointed, uninteresting pile of sh!te.

that's exactly what i said, only i was more concise

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:07 pm

andy_g wrote:

that's exactly what i said, only i was more concise

And I said it first.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 am

Sufficiently interesting to get away with it. beckham always makes me smile... the lads as daft as a brush.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:47 pm

No sound on this PC which probably does the ad a favour. Love the bit with the guy playing with the gun and accidentally shooting Greedo. Quite cleverly done if not everyone's cup of cosmos juice

Notch up a zillionth appearance in an ad/music vid/film/whatever for snoop dogg
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum