A favour for john craig aka JC_81

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Dear newkit members,

I’ve never asked for a favour, but the reason I’m an LFC fan and been to many a game is my old man who is turning 60 next month.  He’s a lifelong fan who for many a reason growing up in Belfast has never actually made it to the shrine that is Anfield.  I’m going to take him next month for his birthday hopefully either for the Man City or Chelsea games depending on what I can get off work... and I’m willing to pay through the nose to get him there.  There will be tickets online and by hook or by crook I’ll get them.  If anyone knows of any cheaper way to get tickets for these games or is a newkitter who fancies meeting us for a pint on this momentous occasion then please get in touch!

YNWA

JC
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:48 pm

I haven't got tickets but you should check out the hospitality options on the LFC website. Much better than paying a tout plus you get the food and drink.

There are multiple levels of hospitality.

Check it out here http://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:49 pm

Didn't realise you were John Craig... kind of figures... :D

What dates, times and matches are you looking at? Can offer some good advice on where to stay, taxi's taxi prices and places to eat etc... can ask about tickets (but can't promise I can get them).
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:30 am

I took Mrs Woof to Anfield for our 25th wedding anniversary, used the hospitality "Centenary Club" option, cost a bit, just over £200 each, but was worth it. Decent lunch in the Club, met a couple of player legends mingling with the diners and top seats for the match.

A good way to go for a special occasion.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:32 am

Cheers lads!

Yeah Stu same person - different username same disagreements haha!

I was hoping to target the man city or Chelsea games at anfield in april... think city game is around 12th and Chelsea 26th but I'll need to check dates again. Although to be honest an Anfield game from April on would do.

The hospitality tickets look sold out but can sometimes pick up deals through travel companies late on which is what I meant by paying through the nose (rather than touts!). I should've got my ***** into gear sooner really!

Any advice on where to stay etc would be great... I used to stay with folk I knew in the area for games who've now moved elsewhere so will be looking at hotels.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:34 am

Cheers I'll check centenary option too!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:07 pm

A decent cheap hotel is the Dolby on the docks, near all the sights and walking distance to town... you'd probably need to book early to avoid match day prices and also the formula one. Both are in town and are very reasonably priced, if you're looking for somewhere a bit more up market there is always the radison, hilton, novotel or mal maison...

Also if there is the derby lodge hotel in huyton (premier inn) Its about a tenner in a taxi into town and about eight quid to anfield (roughly).

Also you can rent appartments in town for a few days depending on how long you stay and that doesn't work out to bad in terms of price.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Hello John, didnt realise you had set up a different userid.

I will be going the city game but not Chelsea. I share a season ticket with my mate and we have split the big games.
But if you are over in town will meet you for a pint whatever game you come over mate.

Reckon you are best going on laterooms for the hotel, just had a quick look and there are loads the night of the city game 13/4.
Best I could see is a new one, the Z hotel - 60 for a twin room. The hotel is right by the Mathew street so in the centre of town.
Like Stu said depends on what you want to pay, there are cheaper and more expensive hotels but that Z hotel has only opened over the last year, so should be sound.

Not sure on the tickets, they will be hard to come by. You are best looking into what woof did.
Anyway hope you can sort it  :)
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 am

Cheers for the advice lads I am still looking into it.  It's looking fairly pricey all in if I'm honest - even the centenary tickets are sold out and although tickets still on sale via travel companies as a package they've been bumped up in price compared to previous seasons (probably due to the season were having!).

I'll see what happens!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:47 pm

Hello folks,
I think this is as good a place as any to post the following:
I'm from ireland and Since 2004 I've been to anfield once a season for a game but this season I've not been over. I've been trying desperately to get tickets to a game at anfield this season. Unfortunately, the only weekends I've not been working since august we've either been away from home or the demand for tickets meant I just couldn't afford them. I've booked flights to liverpool for the weekend of the Newcastle game and figure I may as well chance my arm vis a vis trying to get tickets for the game and if not just to be in the city on the day where we may win the league would be special in itself. Up until now, my limited contacts for tickets have been fruitless. I'd be willing to splash out (within reason) for a pair of tickets. Any advice on where to get tickets would be greatly appreciated.
All the best
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi all, Unfortunately I'd say they could sell Anfield out 10 times over for the remaining home games so you are going to have to spend big to get match tickets at this stage. Stapo being in Liverpool on the last day of the season could be very special indeed! JC - I've had success several times on the RAWK ticket exchange however, as above, I think tickets will be in ridiculously high demand. In short, you haven't a hope unless you pay through the absolute nose.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:06 pm

I'll keep trying but it seems your right. Tickets going from £1500 at this cheapest online. I'll have to make do with watching the game in a pub. It really could be a great weekend with hopefully the team parading the pl trophy on an open top bus to top it off.
Thanks for the feed back mate.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:17 pm

stapo1000 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:06 pm wrote:I'll keep trying but it seems your right. Tickets going from £1500 at this cheapest online. I'll have to make do with watching the game in a pub. It really could be a great weekend with hopefully the team parading the pl trophy on an open top bus to top it off.
Thanks for the feed back mate.

I'd get out to Anfield anyway and get into one of the pubs. A while before the match starts I'd get some sausages and chips then I'd get settled in the Albert to watch the match. Will be brilliant anyway.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:32 pm

That sounds like a plan. Thanks again.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:12 pm

here you go, john. sounds like there's tickets available if you've got the wedge....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/09/liverpool-manchester-city-ticket-touts

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum