Roos off to Rio :D

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Congrats
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Aw for fks sake. they turned Kuta beach (Bali) into a sh'it hole, gave Soi Cowboy (Bangkok) an even cheaper profile and now they're gonna turn up in Rio.

What's the world coming too    :down:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:35 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:22 pm wrote:Aw for fks sake. they turned Kuta beach (Bali) into a sh'it hole, gave Soi Cowboy (Bangkok) an even cheaper profile and now they're gonna turn up in Rio.

What's the world coming too    :down:

Sod off Woof :D

We Aussies shall bring a special class to next years football fiesta 

laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:36 pm

so you should be with that qualifying group  :p  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Yeah the Ozzies will be at home in Rio. I've been in Brazil for the past week and the b'strads are kicking off rioting every night. I've got a new dvd player, iPad and IWC watch so far.

Its eye opening how much bad will there is connected to the world cup, you'd think the Brazilians of all people would be overjoyed. Corruption has hit new highs, all the cities are building new stadiums even where the normal game attendance is 2,000 people! They reckon the DIRECT investment is nearly a billion euros - none of which will be utilised for the olympic games 2 years later. Also annoyance that many of the facilities created for the Pan American games in 2007 have already been condemned due poor construction or pulled down as simply unused/unwanted, since then. This money hould hav been spent on education, health care and far moe important infrastructure projects. Brazil will produce 590 million mt of sugar cane this year, 85 million mt of soybean etc.. and there's no rail system to link the producing areas with the coastal ports etc..

I left Brazil 2 and a half years ago and my pals have been queuing up to tell me how much more violent it is today than then.

Peoples perceptions of what Brazil is like and reality are completely different, I hope things work out but I have to say I do worry that it could do the image of Brazil a world of damage.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Reg » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:57 pm wrote:Yeah the Ozzies will be at home in Rio. I've been in Brazil for the past week and the b'strads are kicking off rioting every night. I've got a new dvd player, iPad and IWC watch so far.

Its eye opening how much bad will there is connected to the world cup, you'd think the Brazilians of all people would be overjoyed. Corruption has hit new highs, all the cities are building new stadiums even where the normal game attendance is 2,000 people! They reckon the DIRECT investment is nearly a billion euros - none of which will be utilised for the olympic games 2 years later. Also annoyance that many of the facilities created for the Pan American games in 2007 have already been condemned due poor construction or pulled down as simply unused/unwanted, since then. This money hould hav been spent on education, health care and far moe important infrastructure projects. Brazil will produce 590 million mt of sugar cane this year, 85 million mt of soybean etc.. and there's no rail system to link the producing areas with the coastal ports etc..

I left Brazil 2 and a half years ago and my pals have been queuing up to tell me how much more violent it is today than then.

Peoples perceptions of what Brazil is like and reality are completely different, I hope things work out but I have to say I do worry that it could do the image of Brazil a world of damage.

Congrats to the Aussies.

Reg, if you happen to stumble upon one of the new Garmin Golf GPS watches that give the distance of the hole, distance to hazards, distance to center/front/back of green, keep me in mind.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:27 am

Dont get to disheartened Reg, im sure when World Cup moves to Qatar and then Russia it will be so much better for local populace  :down:
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion