World cup hosts - Why england won't get it soon

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:19 pm

The world cup is really only played to a high level by two continents and should swap between them but as FIFA are corrupt and Blatter is there due to African vote they now have to give it to countries who are not up to it.

South Africa is a sh1thole, There are lovely places but so much crime there now. What fan would really want to go there? Its also politically incorrect to say Africa's infrastructure is poor, we are all supposed to be touchy feely and say they deserve it, I was delighted Germany got it in 2006 ahead of them.

Go in 2006, it'll be a long time before its back in Europe.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:44 am

i'm not bothered where it is, i will go, even if it was played on the moon :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:59 pm

I agree that it won't work in Africa. The pitches are hard and it is too hot.

2002 was organised well but the football was ******.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun May 01, 2005 6:45 am

Oh yes, and what pray tell are those two continents??  Europe certainly isnt one of them.  Just look at Euro 2004, a lot of the football was horrific at best and by all acounts the organisation with regards to ticketing and so forth was appalling. 

Furthemore you are drawing generalisations to not just districts, cities or countries... but whole continents!  South Africa hosted the 2003 ICC World Cup without a hitch and there were more than 1,000,000 fans who attended games. 

'The ground is too hard' oh boo hoo, go have a cry!  I'm 14 and I know that while there are differences in different pitches you simply adjust.  You're telling me that grown men, who are supposably the worlds best players cant adjust to the pitch being a bit harder??  Thats ridiculous.  You're conspiracy theories are also ridiculous, FIFA have said they intend to rotate the World cup hosting between confederations.  All countries suffer the same limitations in hosting because of that so don't act like its a big conspiracy to deprive england of the right to host the world cup.

I find it odd but there seems to be a real 'us against the world' mentality on these forums.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Sun May 01, 2005 9:50 am

Starbridge42 wrote:Oh yes, and what pray tell are those two continents??  Europe certainly isnt one of them. 

sorry Starbridge but that is laughable, the best teams (bar Brazil and Argentina) and leagues are in Europe.

many teams in Europe who don't qualify like Holland and others in 2002 should be there ahead of teams like Costa Rica and Australia (if they ever make it)

Europe is top quality, South America is also good with Africa coming in third.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:57 am

Oh sorry i misread the statement, i thought they were talking about the ability to host a world cup not footballing ability.

Soz my bad
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Sun May 01, 2005 11:04 am

no i think we crossed wires, I presumed you were tlaking about ability, but the topic is in fact about hosting ability.

my bad also.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion