Smicer and heskey - Must get rid

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Jay10 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:29 pm

Despite the wonderful addition of Kewell, I still can't believe that Houllier shows no signs of  off-loading Smicer and Heskey. Possibly two of the worst signings I've ever seen put on the famous shirt. Surely we'd be better cashing in and bringing in 2 other players with the calibre of Kewell.
Jay10

Postby mickey blue » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:12 pm

SPOT ON - HOW HESKEY CONTINUES TO BE SELECTED BY LIVERPOOL AND ENGLAND IS ONE OF FOOTBALLS MYSTERYS AND AS FOR SMICER I WOULD HONESTLY GIVE HIM AWAY - WE SHOULD HAVE OFFLOADED HIM LAST YEAR AND KEAPT LITMANEN WHO WOULD HAVE PROVIDED THE CREATIVITY THAT WE MISSED LAST YEAR. I WOULD SUGGEST SELLING HESKEY AND USING THE MONEY TO OFFER KLIVERT A MEGA PACKAGE AND ALSO THAT WE SIGN A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER SUCH AS TUGUY AT BLACKBURN OR AIMAR. CHEERS MICKEY BLUE.
mickey blue

Postby scouse girl » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:02 pm

tugay or aimar?! ????
scouse girl

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:36 pm

I can't believe we kept Heskey and let Anelka slip away :(  Makes me laugh and cry that Berger is doing so well after we released him on a free. I think Smicer has not had a good run in the side in a role suited to him, playing wide looks way to much for him. He looks a lot better in a freer role and behind the front two might see the best of him.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Brightonscouse » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:19 pm

I think the time has come for us to cut our losses and entertain offers for Emile. No disrespect to him, he has led the line well and got stuck in when needed but Goals are what we need and he just doesn't score enough. As for Smicer when he plays well (not too often I grant ya) he can be mesmorising but more often than not you would be watching/listening to a game and hear his name spoken only half a dozen times throughout 90 mins, usually to hear that he has fallen over or been dispossessed. We should concentrate on getting Cisse, Boumsong and if possible Mexes from Auxerre( I'm sure Gerard could ask to see if a 3 for 2 offer is possible...lol) in the Jan transfer window. It looks like Cisse will definately be coming in Jan but if he doesn't then we ought to do our damnedest to beat those Manc C***s to the signature of Patrick Kluivert as he is unhappy at Barca and would do very nicely in the Prem as he is strong and can take a knock and unlike Emile he scores more than his fair share too.
Brightonscouse

Postby supersub » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:53 am

GH won't get rid of Heskey,they will both go together if the season falls flat.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Brightonscouse » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:14 am

I don't think it is at all likely that GH will go at the end of the season even if we don't do too well (which we will). I honestly think he IS the best man for the job at the moment and his commitment to the club and his desire for us to be successful CANNOT be questioned. I think we will be revealing a couple of surprises in Jan to perk us up for a storming run to the end of the season.. I'm sure there are certain additions to the squad for next season which have been sorted out already too. :)  :)  :cool:
Brightonscouse

Postby supersub » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:24 am

I can't imagine David Moores and the rest of the board being happy if we fail to qualify for the champions league.GH,I hope would do the honourable thing and resign if the team fail in the one simple quest of finishing a lowly 4th.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Brightonscouse » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:32 am

There'll b no resignation even if we don't qualify for the CL  (which we will) . In the worst case scenario there will b an "upstairs" move with Thommo and Sammy taking over from GH.   .................. KEEP THE FAITH....
Brightonscouse

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:46 pm

It would be quite interesting to see how Kluivert would do at Anfield. I still think Kermit was mad to let Anelka go, we need a second quality striker to net us 20+ goals a season. Baros is good and given a run in the team could do the business. Didn't Kermit say Owen and Baros was going to be the 1st choice strike pair and then he went back to Heskey and even played Kewell up front?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:40 pm

Heskey should go.  Keep Smicer as he is verstile, he is most effective playing in the middle alongside an anchor man.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:31 pm

Yes Heskey has to go. Houllier recently claimed how he has turned the likes of Gerrard , Owen and Hyypia into better players , well i'm afraid this is not the case with "Emile". Despite being built like a boxer and having great speed and a great shot Heskey has turned out to be a dawdling dissapointment. He has been at Anfield for nearly 4 years and in that time has had 1 good season ( and he ran out of steam in that 1 ). His goal return is really poor for Liverpool and should not be justified in terms of work rate and being played out of position. When the going gets tough more often than not Heskey either starts limping or goes AWOL for 20 minutes.Mind you it's the fault of the management team as much as the man.Given the results of his recent attemps against Man Utd and Middlesborough it looks like Rushie has his work cut out.
Heskey could have been one of our greats , he certainly had potential , but alas it wasn't to be.
THEBARON

Postby oldredeyes » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:25 pm

Alf Arrowsmith was ten times the player that Heskey is and Alf couldn't get a game in the first team because Roger Hunt was the main striker(who, incidentally, never got injured and never fell over and earned about ten bob a week - he was also a world cup winner)). Just thought I'd get that off my chest!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:38 pm

Unfortunately work-rate counts for nothing if you lose 1-0!
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:10 pm

Heskey scored 8 goals in 50 appaerances, that return would be a bit dodgy for a midfilder, and a good total for a centre back, for a striker it is a disgrace.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion