See our stevie started - In the charity event

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:22 am

Steven was picked in  Shevchenko team, how much money worth of players was on that pitch last night ???  ???  ???
Looking at some of them players it makes you envious and we wonder why we are so far behind the europes elite, that is why.
Some fantastic players. That Etos and Ronaldhino, we are going to need someone like Roman to compete against these players. It ended up 6-3 to Ronaldinhos side, the Barcelona players showing what quality they really are.

Ronaldinho's World XI: Dida, Cafu, Cordoba, Marquez, Radebe, Song, Nakata, Deco, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Eto'o.

Shevchenko's European XI: Casillas, Montero, Kaladze, Thuram, Gerrard, Diesler, Beckham, Zidane, Del Piero, Raul, Shevchenko.

Think Stevie will have the taste now of playing with such high profile players now.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:40 am

Why are we so far behind the likes of Barca, Real, AC and Inter? Simple. Sensible purchases and the money to make them. We got lucky with producing the likes of Gerrard, Owen, Macca and Fowler. We bought "investments" that didn't pan out and we haven't had the ca$h to get the creme de la creme of the younger crops. I dunno though, it's hard to pinpoint the time when we really fell from grace and contention. 15 years of this have clouded my memory. Probably for the best.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:03 am

Think ive put this topic in the wrong place JBG can you move it please it was early :D .
I know Ace we are so far behind you should have seen them players last night, all fantastic, so no one can blame him if he goes, but I dont want this to be another Stevie G topic.
Incidently last night Johan cruijf and co was talking before the game, I had the game on some foriegn channel, and they where saying how bad Liverpool are.
They where saying Houllier was a better manager than Rafa and Rafa wont succeed at Liverpool.
They where saying he will continue buying from Spain and poor quality players, his reign at Valencia achieved great things because he recieved a good set of players, not what we have at anfield.
I still think hes the man for the job but they where saying hes not. I suppose time will tell and we shall see.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:39 am

I hope Stevie saw exactly what I did last night, that he has a LONG way to go before he can be counted amongst the worlds best.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:58 am

I didn't see the match: is the Song thats in Ronaldinho's team the same Song that played for us?

Exhibition matches and David Beckham.....they're about his level of competitiveness alright.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:00 am

In days when we ask why are our players gettin injured left right n center, why is SG playin in a charity match for gods sake? I know, don't castigate me, it was a tragedy, but the guys just gettin over injuries and we need him more than that field of superstars needed him last night. I never saw it, i was workin, but hopefully he came thru ok and realises he dont belong with the poseurs of the worlds elite and decides better the devil you know....after all, he wouldnt swap places with Owen would he....?
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:09 am

KennyisGod....still wrote:In days when we ask why are our players gettin injured left right n center, why is SG playin in a charity match for gods sake? I know, don't castigate me, it was a tragedy, but the guys just gettin over injuries and we need him more than that field of superstars needed him last night. I never saw it, i was workin, but hopefully he came thru ok and realises he dont belong with the poseurs of the worlds elite and decides better the devil you know....after all, he wouldnt swap places with Owen would he....?

It was hardly a competitive match, more of a training exercise.  Only saw the 1st half, but I didn't see any tackles go in.  Also, SG didn't exactly exert himself, he was constantly behind the play.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:20 am

Anyone see Stevies face :Oo:  kipper on him, he looked like he had the world on his shoulders. :glare:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:37 am

I thought he looked lost.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:48 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:I hope Stevie saw exactly what I did last night, that he has a LONG way to go before he can be counted amongst the worlds best.

. too true..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:20 pm

i was at the game last night... a great occasion - and seeing all these players on the same field was almost surreal. zidane, raul, shevchenko, stevie g, ronaldinho, del pierro, eto'o, kaka, beckham, henry, dielser, deco, cafu, casillas, litmanen etc etc. some roll call.

in fact, liverpool past and present were pretty well represented with gerrard, rigobert song (remains the same) and jari litmanen.

stevie g played the whole game and was even captain of the shevchenko XI for the second half... in which he switched to playing centre back!! he strolled around the whole second 45, put in a couple of tackles and wasted about as much energy as the rest of the players. the whole game was almost played at walking pace. us lot in the crowd sweated more with our succession of perfect mexican waves.

but here goes for the pessimists and conspiracy theorists amongst us:
1. steven gerrard played in blue
2. sometimes steven gerrard didn't smile
3. steven gerrard and zinedine zidane seemed to talk to each other a few times
4. steven gerrard and david beckham seemed to talk to each other a few times
5. steven gerrard didn't score any goals and only had one shot
6. steven gerrard shook hands with ronaldinho and samuel eto'o
7. arsene wenger was watching from the dugout
8. steven gerrard was on the losing side - again
9. steven gerrard is now a utility player
10. steven gerrard was spotted in barcelona

unrelated to SG but it needs to be said - ronaldinho is totally and utterly flippin' amazing. when he's got the time to turn it on in this kind of game its poetry in motion. and on this evidence we should also bring back gianfranco zola to play out his career at liverpool - he's still got it y'know...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:48 pm

Yes, Zola is still doing well in Italy.

Absolutely amazing, a genius.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:46 pm

someone mentioned last night that eto'o was offered to liverpool a few years back. the guys absolute dynamite.

as for ronaldihno, i'd pay to watch him play all day. :cool:
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:29 pm

click on the link below and scroll down to see the goals :cool:

http://www.soccerclips.net/uploadhttp.php
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:32 pm

i only seen the first half, only one slide tackle all half, i wouldnt worry about stevie
109-1105722616

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion