Rodney marsh - What a pr#ck

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:11 pm

Did anyone here watch "You're on sky sports" the other night after the Blackburn-Bolton game? Rodney Marsh was on talking about all the issues from our poor form to the Craig Bell-end-amy situation.

Not a fan of Rodney Marsh as we all know he talks a lot of sh#t, but, to my surprise, i thought his views on LFC were quite sympathetic.

He realised that Rafa is a new manager who needs a year to make his mark on the team before any unfair criticism comes his way. Also with respect to the injuries of big players etc..

He's still a tit but at least his views, for me, took the edge of what has been poor, hurtful, criticism from the press over the last week.

However, he got in a joke about the Toon army causing havock in Asia. No one laughed, infact im sure Rob McCaffery chose to totally ingnore it. Marsh has subsequently been sacked by sky sports.

Felt like one of those tumbleweed moments.

Did anyone else get onto that? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:14 pm

Yeah he's been fired by Sky for it. Alway's thought he was a bit of a tw@t to be honest but the livened up SS.
I think I told the same joke on here a few days ago.... hope I din't get fired :(
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:26 am

I've always thought Marsh was an arrogant know it all but have to admit he can quite entertaining. Maybe him an big Ron will be fronting a new show on Channel 5 in the near future :laugh:
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:01 pm

it was only a joke!!!
havent people got better things to do than complain non sop, ive heard much worse jokes about the tsumani and i admit i laugh. if i found offence tho id choose not to laugh.
why is it a person can be clever but when u have people they are dumb
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:18 pm

dawson99 wrote:it was only a joke!!!
havent people got better things to do than complain non sop, ive heard much worse jokes about the tsumani and i admit i laugh. if i found offence tho id choose not to laugh.
why is it a person can be clever but when u have people they are dumb

Do you think if you had lost members of your family you would think of it as just a joke.

What if he made a "joke" about Hillsborough?? Would that be ok?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:28 pm

im not saying its ok, but it happens. after diana died there were jokes the next day, same with everyone. Same with Hillsborough (totally sick, dont get me wrong)
In the liverpool fans there are munich air disaster songs, and everyone laughs at those jokes.
When harding from chelsea died there were jokes, and people laughed.
The tsunami jokes were funny. im sorry, but i laughed.
Maybe its me, i try to think of everything as funny. its the way i deal with things. at my funeral im gonna have 'im an a$$hole' by dennis leary playing.

I guess i just like freedom of speech. the jerry springer show had more complaints than viewers, thats just wrong.
What he said when he made the toon army joke was totally wrong, but no more than people are doing every minute of every hour of every year.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:50 am

Yeah it happen but you can't say it on national tv. You have tio pick and choose when you tell the jokes
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:38 am

but peter kay, billy connolly etc etc didnt, they actually got cheers for what they said. it all depends on the social atmosphere. football is in a sdark age and needs to be dealt with differently, which is wrong.
what marsh said was wrong, but an apology was all that was needed imo
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion