Plastic royals - Thank god they've gone

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:29 pm

Well Posh'n'becks are leaving,thank fergie for that.Maybe now they have gone we can bring some sanity and perspective back into the English game.I will be able to read the newspaper without seeing those two wannabe world superstars on nearly every page.Everything these two did was done to court publicity.The fact I'm writing this compounds the whole thing.They couldn't do anything without informing the press first where they would be.
       I actually feel a little sorry for Beckham.His childhood dream has been shattered by his greedy,self-indulgent wife who new the person who had more power over him than her was Fergie.She set out on her quest for world domination after the death of Lady Diana.She could see a void that had to be filled,but to do this she had to rescue her husband from his beloved Man U.She shaped and prepared him for the media.This season gone he was a mere shadow of his former self,one goal from a free-kick,crossing inaccurate and to much make-up in the dressing-room.Best was spot-on when he said Becks 'can't kick with his left foot,can't head a ball or tackle.
       Anyway he's gone and I'm sure the press will do one on fergie for letting him go.It was a bouyant England dressing room last week after beating Slovakia.Some players where happy to reveal they were pleased to have won without Beckham just to prove to Becks,himself,he is not the be-all and end-all of English football.
      Posh's lust for publicity and Beckham's hype have destroyed his career in this country.Let's hope for football's sake we never see the like again.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:51 am

WELL SUPERSUB YOU HAVE SAID WHAT U NEEDED TO SAY ONCE AGAIN U R RIGHT BUT DO U THINK MAN U WILL REALLY MISS HIM? ;)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:32 pm

Absolutely not! Fergie's not soft.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jaypap » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:22 pm

lads, becks is world class lets be fair to him...
i have no doubt he is the best crosser of a ball in the world and that his free kicks are also in the company of the best...he wins games and even if he doesnt tackled as well as he should so what...not everybody is equally matched in all aspects of skill...and england does need him long term, the national side looks much better with him than without him...
im also quite confident that man u will suffer without him next season and that they are not as good a side without him....ruud scored plenty of goals from becks passes and he will no doubt miss those...and they dont have anybody to replace becks goals...
i think the press will savage fergie for releasing him and that he'll ultimately lose his job over it...unless he brings in others to replace him and strengthen the squad again......
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:56 pm

!BECKS ! GO AND DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN WHILE YOU CAN AND ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:03 pm

Why would Man u miss his goals.He scored 6 league goals and only 1 was from a free-kick.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:29 am

I THOUGHT HE SCORED MORE THAN THAT LAST SEASON ???? ;)
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:43 pm

are u sure thats all he scored?

what about previous seasons?
jaypap

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:21 pm

Yep that's all he scored.cr#p isn't it.His reputation is media created.Roberto Carlos is the same;sunday was Carlos's second goal from a free-kick this season.The pair of them might be battling it out to see who can fluff the most free-kicks.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:07 am

MAYBE THEY CAN PRACTICE TOGETHER WITH POSH IN GOAL .
IT CAN'T BE TOO HARD TO GET INTO POSH'S BOX CAN IT ?
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:25 pm

Beckham looks gay nowadays

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion