Partner pundits - Armchair experts

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Mikz » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:03 am

Has anyone else watched any of the world cup games with their wives or girlfriends? :D I have tried and some of the things they say are unbelieveable.
My woman was wondering if Liverpool were knocked out and why Gerrard was playing for another team
and if offside was when the ball went off the side off the pitch
From shooting pens against their own goalkeepers to penalties for tripping on the half way line ....heard them all
:no you make the tea.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:16 am

no offence ot your mrs Mikz, but that is some of the stupidest sh!t i've ever heard. :laugh:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:23 am

My wife decided to watch england v equador with my son and me. 30 mins into the match she seemed to be getting very involved in the game. Telling us Beckham was playing cr*p and that Lampard was hopeless. She ruined the effect by then asking which way England were playing.(Thinking about it now maybe she had a point :D )
account deleted by request

Postby 2520years » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:35 am

We had some mates and their families round on Sunday (the kids were banished upstairs).  About twenty minutes into the game my mate's wife said "Paul, have you seen that nice bird in the garden?".  I liked his sarcastic reply - "Funnily enough, no I haven't Lesa."  Everyone laughed at the time, then about ten minutes later Paul said "What is that bird Andy?"

I think I'll watch the match on my own on Saturday.
???
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby babu » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:47 am

2520years wrote:We had some mates and their families round on Sunday (the kids were banished upstairs).  About twenty minutes into the game my mate's wife said "Paul, have you seen that nice bird in the garden?".  I liked his sarcastic reply - "Funnily enough, no I haven't Lesa."  Everyone laughed at the time, then about ten minutes later Paul said "What is that bird Andy?"

I think I'll watch the match on my own on Saturday.
???

probably being thick, but i don't get it.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:30 pm

Don't know about partners but a couple of lads that I work with have never shown any interest in football whatsoever and now they've got a problem because I wont do overtime this weekend... AND... they're pulling their faces because I've got no intention of working next week if we get to the semi-finals... AND they can f.uck off when we meet Germany in the final... philistines!
PhiLFC

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:19 pm

I'm not sure if I should count myself lucky having read what others have had to put up with . I've watched every single televised game without a murmer from the missus BUT when England are playing she puts on her England kit, takes over my armchair and goes f'ucking banannas ! Swearin' like a trooper "kunt this " and "kunt that" ,guzzlin' all my beer and generally acting like a total nutter ! She threw a can of stella at the telly after the draw with Sweden, fortunately she'd already drunk the contents.
God help me if England don't win this world cup ,I'll be living in a bomb site :(

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lionheart » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:40 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I'm not sure if I should count myself lucky having read what others have had to put up with . I've watched every single televised game without a murmer from the missus BUT when England are playing she puts on her England kit, takes over my armchair and goes f'ucking banannas ! Swearin' like a trooper "kunt this " and "kunt that" ,guzzlin' all my beer and generally acting like a total nutter ! She threw a can of stella at the telly after the draw with Sweden, fortunately she'd already drunk the contents.
God help me if England don't win this world cup ,I'll be living in a bomb site :(

I'm married to a real lady too woof!!!!  :wwww    :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:56 pm

s@int wrote:My wife decided to watch england v equador with my son and me. 30 mins into the match she seemed to be getting very involved in the game. Telling us Beckham was playing cr*p and that Lampard was hopeless. She ruined the effect by then asking which way England were playing.(Thinking about it now maybe she had a point :D )

:bowdown  :D
Good Bob

Postby madred » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:48 am

When Shevchenko missed his pen for the Ukraine i shouted to the misses if she remembered the guy who Dudek saved from to win us the champions league and her reply was 'yes'. I then said 'well he's just missed again'. She replied 'so Milan are going out then?' :D
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:57 am

Watching the Aussies vs Italy I groaned as the Italians won their penalty.  My Mrs pokes her round the door and says ''oh no what happened?"  I reply 'They've just got a penallty with seconds to go!'  After a short pause she says "Oh, so what does that mean?" Then she has the nerve to give me the cold shoulder for the next few hours because I gave her a rather 'succint' reply rather than taking 45 minutes to explain the rules yet again!  Honestly, we've only been married ten years, you'd think she might have picked up what a penalty is by now!!!! Aaaaararghhh!

Edit: Good job she's good in bed! :eyebrow

Edit: Edit: Just in case she reads this...  :wwww
Last edited by TheoRacle on Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:54 am

:D Mines a nightmare were football is concerned. If a pass goes astray she'd say -"huh,  he cant even kick it straight" Another classic she said was , when I told her Brazil were the best and favourites to win she asked me if that was because they bought all the best players :upside:

Playing is a sight to behold too :oops: Reminds me of that old game Striker, when ya push the players head down the big leg comes up.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:08 am

are lass keeps saying ''is it half time yet, and who has won?''

i say ''FFS, shut up''

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion