Our media really suck! - Out to derail the national team

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:00 am

We must have the worst sports media in the world in this country. Now i know Sven is a bumbling idiot who seems to follow his penis from one controversy to another but i can't for the life of me understand why a newspaper would go all out to trick him into saying stupid stuff just 6 months before a World Cup begins. Sure they sell a few more papers for a week or so but at what expense?

I'm not Erickson's biggest fan, i never have been but he compares pretty favourably against what went before. Keegan was a disaster, Hoddle had it good for a short time but screwed it up, Venables was too odgy for his own good and Taylor was a disaster.

I just figured with just 6 months to go that fans and media (to some extent) would rally together to give the manager and the team a bit of support now that qualification is in the bag and the last performance was excellent against Argentina.

Would the media in Spain or even Italy pull something like this 6 months before a major finals?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:15 am

It depends on who's on the bench.

When Clemente (1) was in the bench they made him his life impossible. Clemente is one guy that is very critic with madonna players. Loves english style football, if you see what I mean. Not keen on Real Madrid.He was disliked, and the media pressed. And when they want someone out they just wait to the next WC to sack him.

Luis Aragones is more of their like. But I respect him.

BTW, you might have heard that Clemente has said something about Etoo falling from a tree. Racism? no, mates. Here in Spain, monkeys are not men with black skin. Here we call monkey anyone who's a twát or not inteligent. WHen he said that he didn't know he was talking of Etoo, but bear in mind that he would have the same if it was, say, Lampard who spit.

I just wanted to make that note, because goold old JBG brought some news about it. And as long as I hate racism, this is not quite the case. Although the politically correct brigade has pressed in order he has a fine. Etoo is a monkey yes, so is Lampard, or Rooney, that was my point.

Sometimes translations might be tricky.

Sabre

(1) If Rafa was in the Spanish Squad

a) the first month would be ok
b) He would not summon Raul for the squad because he (Rafa) has personality (just an example)
c) The media would go insane and started to criticise, even saying he has no clue, regardless his titles.
d) bad atmosphere
e) Spain gets out of the WC
f) Sacked.

It's difficult to work under this circunstances.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:26 pm

But would the Spanish media pay someone to pretend to be an Arab billionnaire to try and lure the national team boss into saying things about his team or his future job prospects?

The media here treat sporting heroes and national managers/coach's like dirt for most of the time. they build them up so big then, like vultures round a carcass, care them to pieces when things take a turn for the worst.

Just look at the grief Bobby Robson took when he was England manager. The media gave him hell leading up to Italia 90 so he goes and gets himself another job before the tournament starts, promtly takes the England team to the brink of the final and by then it's too late to keep him on so in comes turnip Taylor.

Another example is Crouch. I couldn't believe the over-reaction in the press after he failed to score for the early part of this season. It was like being back at school watching the bullies picking on the really tall kid. Of course, Crouchinho showed them he can score with the best of them but the damage has been done to some extent. Everythime Liverpool play away Crouch is booed and goaded by the home crowd. It doesn't happen to any other player in the league and that is COMPLETELY down to the media.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:40 pm

NO they don't reach that limits. I find doing that disgusting, there should be some ethics in journalism. From abroad, the tabloids thingy in England is seen with some surprise. England is super respected here, and while you see seriousness and things well done in football, main press etc, I cannot stop being surprised of how popular are papers like the mirror. When I see the articles, or what they put in main page (Kate moss sniffin'? is that what's more important?) seems to be utter :censored:.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1137139704 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:58 pm

:angry:
66-1137139704

Postby 66-1137139704 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:00 pm

:bump
66-1137139704

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:14 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Talk about tryin to get your post count up, hope he gets Guru Member.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:22 pm

Posting count is irrelevant. That's not what I look at when I appreciate posters. I answered this thread, because it was a decent football shout of ScottBot, and because the bástards that he's reffering to were  some of the same bástards that bashed crouch and us, not far long ago. The annoying thing about it though, were not the bástards theirselves, but that there were some idiots ready to believe'em. Thanks CGGY
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:22 pm

Chiggz loves Owen use the same trick in the same forum...........its so 2005
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:25 pm

Sabre wrote:NO they don't reach that limits. I find doing that disgusting, there should be some ethics in journalism. From abroad, the tabloids thingy in England is seen with some surprise. England is super respected here, and while you see seriousness and things well done in football, main press etc, I cannot stop being surprised of how popular are papers like the mirror. When I see the articles, or what they put in main page (Kate moss sniffin'? is that what's more important?) seems to be utter :censored:.

Its one thing that always amazed me about the mother country, how popular  those tabloids and the :censored: they write seems to be
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:25 pm

Sabre wrote:Luis Aragones is more of their like. But I respect him.

sabre, as i'm sure you are aware, aragones made some shocking racial comments about thierry henry when talking to jose reyes during a spanish training session.

what did the spanish press make of that? or was it not even reported? i ask because the press over here made a massive deal of it and rightly so.

if sven ever did anything of the sort and made racist comments he'd be history.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:30 pm

i dont like sven. never have. i think he should get sacked. who cares if it was entrapment, doesnt change the fact sven would sell his nan for an extra wage...

and hes not even that good a manager
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:36 pm

Ok St Michael. the worse thing about Luis Aragones was that he was terribly wrong in commenting England deeds in their colonies to defend that he's not racist. Spanish as a language is not racist, we have not racist words. "Shitty Black" read in english, seems obviously racist and unacceptable. But to be honest, and being an active antiracist fighter, I think that's not the racism to combat in Spain. Shitty, is a overused word, pretty much it would be like "bloody" is mildly despective, and is used for everything "shitty job, shitty friends, etc". And black in Spanish is not an insult, my mates that are of dark skin don't find "black" disrespecting if you see what I mean.

Luis Aragones is not racist, I've heard him speaking for a long time and I know it. And all the fuzz of the foreign press made him angry and he said totally irrelevant history matters. The Spanish press defended him mildly, but for the wrong reason. When Luis Aragones was telling Reyes that he's better than that "shitty black" in Aragones mind there was only football in his mind. He'd use "shitty red" if he was talking about a player with red hair.

I don't want you get me wrong, I hate racism and I combat it everywhere (and there's lots to combat) but in England you stress the importance of "language racism" and Spanish has no that language subtle things. So sometimes when you translate literally you get surprising things.

Aragones was not clever enough though, got angry and lost it with that comments of colonies :angry: Press here didn't help, neither.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sonyadudley » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:43 pm

only in england would you find sleezy papers like the news of the world  :veryangry
sonyadudley

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion