Obe

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby cheesecakery » Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:21 am

I see Becks is off to collect his OBE from the Queen today,
congratulations to him i say,

hes doing quite well lately isnt he?

BECKHAM PICKS UP HIS OBE

England captain David Beckham is collecting an OBE from the Queen at Buckingham Palace for his services to football.

And despite rumours they've drifted apart since Beckham's move from Manchester United to Real Madrid, his wife Victoria is expected to be with him.

Posh, who is currently working on a pop comeback, has been slow to settle in Madrid with the couple's two young children, Brooklyn, four, and Romeo, one.

When the pair were based in Britain, their expensive Hertfordshire home was nicknamed "Beckingham Palace".

On their wedding day, they even sat on two golden "thrones".

So the date with the Queen is a chance for Victoria to see how the real royals live.

Becks has dedicated his OBE to fellow players.

He said recently: "I am honoured and privileged to receive this recognition. It's not just for me but for Manchester United, England, all of my team mates and my family."

But he did not personally thank Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, the man who groomed him into one of the world's greatest players before deciding to sell him to the Spanish team.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby greenred » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:21 pm

whats an obe?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:59 pm

beckham admits "GETTING MY HAIR DONE IS BETTER THAN SEX" .posh declined to comment.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:35 pm

greenred wrote:whats an obe?

an Old Baggy Elephant i think
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby matrix » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:12 pm

beckham has done amazing since his move to madrid he deserve,s his OBE ............matrix

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:58 am

It's sad that a man like beckham can be awarded an honour,not for any achievement but for having a clever publicity machine.What has he done to be given an obe?It's a......aaaaaarrrrggghhh who gives a s**t.

I've deleted one of your pictures of beckham,cheesey,because he's not welcome on this site more than once.I've left one picture on because I'm a fair-minded sort.
Last edited by supersub on Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:28 pm

supersub wrote:It's sad that a man like beckham can be awarded an honour,not for any achievement but for having a clever publicity machine.What has he done to be given an obe?It's a......aaaaaarrrrggghhh who gives a s**t.

I've deleted one of your pictures of beckham,cheesey,because he's not welcome on this site more than once.I've left one picture on because I'm a fair-minded sort.

so your saying that Beckham hasnt achieved anything ?? :D  :D

i think you may be getting two awards at the end of the year supersub ,  'Clanger of the Year Winner' ,, AND runner up
:D

fair play you talk some s##t , HAHAHA fancy saying Beckham hasnt achieved anything :D
How many doubles with ManU ? ok he ONLY achieved 1 Treble bless him , England captain , got us to Euro 2004 , now a shining star in the best club team in the World,

naaaaah he hasnt achieved anything hey subby  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby greenred » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:23 pm

I reckon at his former club roy keane was the highest achiever.man ure would have won the same trophies without beckham but not without keane.at madrid his achievements dont come even close to zidane,ronaldo or roberto carlos.
you could also claim he got england knocked out of the last two world cups, getting sent off in 98 and jumping out of the tackle that led to brazils goal in 2002.if your saying that being captain of england is worthy of an award then ok.but apart from being great at free kicks,the rest of it is just hype.

he has fantastic hair though,for a girl.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:14 pm

greenred wrote:I reckon at his former club roy keane was the highest achiever.man ure would have won the same trophies without beckham but not without keane.at madrid his achievements dont come even close to zidane,ronaldo or roberto carlos.
you could also claim he got england knocked out of the last two world cups, getting sent off in 98 and jumping out of the tackle that led to brazils goal in 2002.if your saying that being captain of england is worthy of an award then ok.but apart from being great at free kicks,the rest of it is just hype.

he has fantastic hair though,for a girl.

hes only been at Real 5 mins you knob how can he compare with zidane etc??? he will become the greatest player to grace the san siro ,

no , england got england knocked out of the world cup ,
beckham got england to euro 2004,
are you blind man? or just blinkered? :;):
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:17 pm

supersub wrote:It's sad that a man like beckham can be awarded an honour,not for any achievement but for having a clever publicity machine.What has he done to be given an obe?It's a......aaaaaarrrrggghhh who gives a s**t.

UMMM you do it seems !

thanks guv , your a gentleman

arf
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby greenred » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:08 pm

cheesecakery wrote:are you blind man? or just blinkered? :;):

both.and Im stupid as well according to my missus. :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:32 pm

cheesey I'll repeat the question because your obvious love for beckham and all things manu seem to muddle your brain.
   "What has beckham done to deserve an obe"
Man u won the doubles and a treble with a squad of players the most influential of course being Roy Keane not Beckham.
world cup he scored an equalizer against the mighty Greece at Old Trafford to earn a point...Me I thought going to Germany and winning was the most important result in that group,with Michael Owen scoring a hat-trick,the most important player in all the qualifying games.
  Beckham scored a goal against Argentina....then proceeded to jump over the ball(coward that he is) to allow Brazil to take possession and score.
euro 2004 he hardly won the group for England,in fact England miss Gerrard and Owen more than your pin-up.
Last season fergie used Beckham as a sub,knowing his influence is not as great as the media want you to believe.
   No Beckham and his wife were awarded the "gong" for the biggest self publicity campaign the world has ever seen.Tony Blair,in his time as PM,has dragged the honour system from being a fat-cat award to a celebrity back slap.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecakery » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:24 pm

supersub wrote:cheesey I'll repeat the question because your obvious love for beckham and all things manu seem to muddle your brain.
   "What has beckham done to deserve an obe"
Man u won the doubles and a treble with a squad of players the most influential of course being Roy Keane not Beckham.
world cup he scored an equalizer against the mighty Greece at Old Trafford to earn a point...Me I thought going to Germany and winning was the most important result in that group,with Michael Owen scoring a hat-trick,the most important player in all the qualifying games.
  Beckham scored a goal against Argentina....then proceeded to jump over the ball(coward that he is) to allow Brazil to take possession and score.
euro 2004 he hardly won the group for England,in fact England miss Gerrard and Owen more than your pin-up.
Last season fergie used Beckham as a sub,knowing his influence is not as great as the media want you to believe.
   No Beckham and his wife were awarded the "gong" for the biggest self publicity campaign the world has ever seen.Tony Blair,in his time as PM,has dragged the honour system from being a fat-cat award to a celebrity back slap.

oh subby you make me laugh  :D

Q) how easy is it to wind up supersub?

A) Very

:D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:44 pm

Q. "What has beckham done to deserve an obe"

A. It was gained for him by the media and a few memorable moments

- Man u won the doubles and a treble with a squad of players the most influential of course being Roy Keane not Beckham.

Cantona, Giggs and Schmeichel plus the defence were also key. The nonsense that they won it with kids is also cr@p, the backbone of the side did not come up through the ranks - Schmeichel, Pallister, Irwin, Bruce, Keane, Robson, Cantona, Yorke, Cole...... were all bought and the youngsters filled in the gaps

- world cup he scored an equalizer against the mighty Greece at Old Trafford to earn a point...Me I thought going to Germany and winning was the most important result in that group,with Michael Owen scoring a hat-trick,the most important player in all the qualifying games.

People rave over the goals he scores and forget the fact that he took far too many attempts to get just one on target let alone in. His chip in the Euro qualifiers was class but how often does he actually do that? He runs around and works hard, that I won't deny, but I think England work better as a team without him. He is too much the focal point of the team and that makes England somewhat predictable. The reason so much credit is given to his free-kick against Greece is because of the timing, too much praise is given to Flintoff's 95 vs South Africa last Test match of the series but Trescothick and Thorpe plus excellent bowling made the difference. It was merely that Flintoff put England in the lead with a glorious cameo innings that sticks in the mind, that is the cameo that will get most replay time
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:53 pm

with stevie gerrard as captain england could shock the world and actually win something.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion