Neymar - The next big star?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjXSabXRwUE

I can appreciate his combination of speed, strength and skill the likes of which we have only seen before in the brazilian Ronaldo... but is that way of taking the penalty allowed? I hate that kinda :censored:... it's like cheating...

Anyway I wouldn't mind if NESV splash the cash on him and bring him to anfield...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Had you never heard of him before?

Have you also heard the Beatles have split up :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:17 pm

He was :censored: hot in football manager 2010 :D
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Nice skills but he doesn't have the physique nor hunger of either Ronaldo nor Ronaldinho. I grant you he is better than Poulsen.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Haven't seen that clip but was the Flamengo goal there? Great footwork there from start to finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bze1tqF7sio

Agree with Reg though, he looks like one of those players that could struggle over here but have the odd flash of brilliance like Robinho did. If we were to go for any Brazillian startlet id go for Lucas Moura. Now that guy looks class.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:05 pm

I actually thought you weren't allowed to take pens like that...?  You can't go up like you're going to strike the ball and completely stop...  You can have an abnormal run pattern, but you aren't allowed to pretend to strike the ball and stop, then strike it in a different motion.

At least that's how the rule was described to me by a ref with very high credentials.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:13 am

Nothing wrong with those pens.

Technically the only thing wrong with them is that the keeper moves before the ball is struck but seeing as the ball ends up in the back of the net - the ref isn't going to make him retake them. John Aldridge didn't take pens exactly like that but he did a weird little shuffle before striking the ball and back in the day people bemoaned that, nothing wrong with it though.

It's tough on keepers but, many keepers who do save a pen or play mind games before hand dive before the ball is struck. Swings and roundabouts. It's not as easy taken a pen like this Neymar fella does compared to the orthodox style, IMO there is nothing what so ever wrong with it.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:50 am

I think it falls under unsportsman like behaviour.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:15 am

as long as you dont stop your forward motion when running up to the ball, if you completely stop then its unfair, but if you keep movin forward and slow down before striking the ball its still ok
brentd4

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:24 am

will end up at real madrid
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Reg wrote:Nice skills but he doesn't have the physique nor hunger of either Ronaldo nor Ronaldinho. I grant you he is better than Poulsen.

I agree, I think he is another Robinho
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:43 pm

dawson99 wrote:Had you never heard of him before?

Have you also heard the Beatles have split up :D

Well I heard of him before... But never really seen him play bfore. So now I read what pele had to say about him and went to YouTube to look up. I didn't think much about him before but I must say I'm quite impressed. I know it's only you tube but if you're a keen observer some players inherent qualities couldn't be missed. I looked at Torres YouTube clips before he joined us and thought he could be quality for us even though his scoring at athletico is nothing to shout about. And he was quality for us. Similarly I can see the quality of neymar... Do you notice how he is two footed and could go either way of the defender or goalkeeper? I think it will be very hard to defend him...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:54 pm

metalhead wrote:
Reg wrote:Nice skills but he doesn't have the physique nor hunger of either Ronaldo nor Ronaldinho. I grant you he is better than Poulsen.

I agree, I think he is another Robinho

No way... robinho was too flashy right from when he was young... He's more like a playmaker... This guy's more direct... Runs at the defense straight to score... I have to say in that aspect he's more like Ronaldo...

Still hate the penalties though... Not convinced they're legal... He completely stopped ffs...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion