Maureen starts rmadrid clear out

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:36 pm

Guti ends 24-year Real Madrid career; Raul to announce farewellJuly 25, 2010 -- Updated 1932 GMT (0332 HKT)

(CNN) -- Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has continued reshaping his squad ahead of the new season by allowing midfielder Guti to leave the Spanish giants, while legendary forward Raul is also set to go.

Guti, who did not feature in Spain's 2010 World Cup squad, will depart the Bernabeu 15 years after making his first-team debut.

The 33-year-old, who joined the club at the age of nine and has won 14 international caps, has been linked with a move to Turkish side Besiktas.

"I always wished to play for Real Madrid and I did my best to stay, refusing very tempting offers to play elsewhere," he told the club's official website on Sunday.

Real Madrid will always be my home. Part of my heart stays here. I would like to return after retiring as a player

"I am about to begin a new and exciting stage in my career and I wish to enjoy being in a new country to the fullest.

"This has been a beautiful and glorious experience, but these things happen in football all the time. Younger players need to be given way and I feel proud and happy for having played here."

Former Real coach Berndt Schuster is now in charge of Besiktas, and Guti confirmed that he may be reunited with the German.

"I have an offer from Besiktas, but I haven't decided yet," he said. "What is for sure is that wherever I go, I will give everything."

Guti won three Champions League titles and five Spanish La Liga crowns with Real, playing 542 matches in the white shirt of "Los Merengues."

"I leave knowing Real Madrid will always be my home. Part of my heart stays here today. I would like to return after retiring as a player," he said.

Guti's departure will be followed by that of the club's all-time leading scorer Raul, who is expected to join Schalke according to recent quotes from the German side's manager Felix Magath.

The UK Press Association reported that the 33-year-old will hold a farewell press conference on Monday.

British media claimed on Sunday that Mourinho is still trying to sign Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard and his England teammate, Chelsea defender Ashley Cole.

Portugal defender Ricardo Carvalho has also expressed his interest in rejoining his former Chelsea and Porto boss in Madrid.

"I would go there right now, swimming or running," he told Spanish newspaper AS.

Mourinho has already brought in Argentina winger Angel Di Maria from Benfica and young midfielder Sergio Canales from Racing Santander.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Usual stuff from Mourinho. He quickly sorts out who he doesn't want and moves them on sharpish. It'll be a tall order for him this season though trying to overhaul Barca.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:48 am

bigmick wrote:Usual stuff from Mourinho. He quickly sorts out who he doesn't want and moves them on sharpish. It'll be a tall order for him this season though trying to overhaul Barca.

That's what I like about him.  He does things his way and he doesn't let politics get in the way.  Looking forward to la liga next season.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:27 am

I'm sure it helps when you already have a squad oozing with talent as well as unlimited funds.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:41 am

bavlondon wrote:I'm sure it helps when you already have a squad oozing with talent as well as unlimited funds.

I don't know about "unlimited funds" Bav, but whatever they've got funds or talent wise, they haven't won the league for a few years. He didn't have "unlimited funds" at Inter and did alright there. I do agree though I'm sure it would make it easier for any manager if they inherit an extremely talented and successful team and have cash to spend.

Our previous manager for instance inherits a team which have swept all before them in Italy, won five titles in a row. They are also the reigning European Champions, AND they have plenty of cash to spend. Nothing could go wrong could it, surely ??? .
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:03 am

bavlondon wrote:I'm sure it helps when you already have a squad oozing with talent as well as unlimited funds.

It wasnt Mourinhios decision to get rid, of them ,they were both gonna retire the Madrid Shirt anyway , this was decided at the end of last season. Gutti has been there for years and years and Raul has been there since he was seven, Raul will end up in a position at the club.  Perez treats him like his own son, So it wasnt Jose getting rid of them
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 am

IMHO the Real Madrid dressroom needed some clear outs, not now, but 3 years ago, and Mourinho has got spot on the names who needed to be out.

I respect more Raul than Guti, as a professional player. The latter is a very good player no doubt, but a nightmare for any dressroom.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:11 pm

bigmick wrote:Our previous manager for instance inherits a team which have swept all before them in Italy, won five titles in a row. They are also the reigning European Champions, AND they have plenty of cash to spend. Nothing could go wrong could it, surely ??? .

Of course Inter were virtual paupers and their squad was literally threadbare and although they had only  managed to win Serie A four years on the trot they where severely dropping of the pace ...  Then and only then did  Mourinho take possibly the most celebrated reins in Italy( and lets not forget this position was fraught with peril ) and literally transformed them into Champions
Oh yes Mourinho used his heart and not his head when he chose a team in such a precarious position   ??? Let it go Mick  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:25 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
bigmick wrote:Our previous manager for instance inherits a team which have swept all before them in Italy, won five titles in a row. They are also the reigning European Champions, AND they have plenty of cash to spend. Nothing could go wrong could it, surely ??? .

Of course Inter were virtual paupers and their squad was literally threadbare and although they had only  managed to win Serie A four years on the trot they where severely dropping of the pace ...  Then and only then did  Mourinho take possibly the most celebrated reins in Italy( and lets not forget this position was fraught with peril ) and literally transformed them into Champions
Oh yes Mourinho used his heart and not his head when he chose a team in such a precarious position   ??? Let it go Mick  :D

It was three years on the bounce as Italian Champions Red (it's five now), and they hadn't won the Eoropean Cup/Champiosn League for fifty years or some fecking thing. You're absolutely right though, Mourinho took over a very good team which definately makes it easier.

Two points though. Firstly I was saying that it wouldn't be as easy to win the league at Madrid, simply because he has Barca to get past. I don't think anyone would dispute that.

Secondly I was simply returning to Bav's point about it being much easier when you take over a successful team AND have money to spend. Of course it is, nobody would dispute that either. That's why our previous manager really has dropped onto a golden situation at Inter. An all conquering team, European Champions AND money to spend. What could possibly go wrong  ??? .
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:41 pm

bigmick wrote:That's why our previous manager really has dropped onto a golden situation at Inter. An all conquering team, European Champions AND money to spend. What could possibly go wrong  ??? .

Nothing will go array Mick... Rafa  has landed the proverbial Golden goose and in turn the Golden egg it has a tendency in laying 
as for Mourinho I thoroughly expect him to win the Spanish League and usurp Barcelona as Champions anything else would after all just be seen as failure given the man's pedigree in taking extremely rich clubs to the very top ... surely    ???
That's all I was saying mate .....its just banter Michael
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Real Madrid 6/5
Inter 6/5

double pays £4.84 for a £1 stake... could be worth a flutter
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:05 pm

dawson99 wrote:Real Madrid 6/5
Inter 6/5

Nah. Thing is with doubles, one of em always gets beat. One of em should be an absolute certainty, whereas the other one has a lot to do as Barcelona are a really top team, the best in Europe obviously. Another thing about doubles, is often the more fancied one gets turned over and the seemingly more dodgy one romps in. Happens so often that it's wierd.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:09 pm

bigmick wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Real Madrid 6/5
Inter 6/5

Nah. Thing is with doubles, one of em always gets beat. One of em should be an absolute certainty, whereas the other one has a lot to do as Barcelona are a really top team, the best in Europe obviously. Another thing about doubles, is often the more fancied one gets turned over and the seemingly more dodgy one romps in. Happens so often that it's wierd.

no. it really doesnt. betting is like poker. you'll always rememebr when ace ace lost you a pot, but you never rememebr all the times you won with it. you never remember the wins but you cant forget the losses
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:14 pm

bigmick wrote:they haven't won the league for a few years.

they did go back to back in 06-07 and 07-08, and they finished on 96 points last year, winning the same about as Barca (31) and scoring more goals
JoeTerp

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:15 pm

I don't fancy Inter to win the league though Daws, I really don't. The team is all conquering and has a system which suits them perfectly. I have a strong suspicion though that their new manager won't be able to resist tweaking things, making fuller use of the "options" and "possibilities" which are available to him, studying the tiniest details whenever they are playing relegation fodder, adjusting the line up to counter an opposition left back, taking off strikers at 1-1 so as to avoid defeat etc etc. I'm absolutely setting myself up for ridicule because they ought to be stone cold certainties to win the thing for the sixth time in a row, a veritable penalty kick, but I'm taking them to bomb out huge style. We shall see.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion