HOW????

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:09 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20128129
Wayne Rooney nominated for 2012 Ballon d'Or
Wayne Rooney is the only British player to be named on Fifa's 23-man Ballon d'Or shortlist for 2012's best player.

Rooney's Manchester United team-mate Robin van Persie joins Manchester City trio Sergio Aguero, Yaya Toure and Mario Balotelli on the list, as does 2011 winner, Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

Premier League bosses Roberto Mancini, Sir Alex Ferguson and Roberto Di Matteo are on the Coach of the Year list.

The winners will be announced at a ceremony in Zurich on 7 January 2013.

These will be selected by the captains and head coaches of the men's national teams as well as by international media representatives selected by France Football magazine.

Rooney, 27, scored 19 goals in 2012 to help Manchester United to a second-place finish in the Premier League. He also scored four goals for England, including one at Euro 2012 against Ukraine.

Striker Didier Drogba, who scored the winning penalty in Chelsea's Champions League final shoot-out win over Bayern Munich - his final kick for the club before leaving to join Shanghai Shenhua - is also in contention for the Ballon d'Or.

Real Madrid have six nominees, including former Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo and ex-Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso, while Jose Mourinho is named on the coach list.

The shortlist will be narrowed down to three names for each category on 29 November.

Player nominees: Sergio Aguero (Manchester City/Argentina), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid/Spain), Mario Balotelli (Manchester City/Italy), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid/France), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus/Italy), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona/Spain), Iker Casillas (Real Madrid/Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid/Portugal), Didier Drogba (Shanghai Shenhua/Ivory Coast), Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid/Colombia), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris St Germain/Sweden), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona/Spain), Lionel Messi (Barcelona/Argentina), Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich/Germany), Neymar (Santos/Brazil), Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid/Germany), Gerard Pique (Barcelona/Spain), Andrea Pirlo (Juventus/Italy), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid/Spain), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United/England), Yaya Toure (Manchester City/Ivory Coast), Robin van Persie (Manchester United/Netherlands), Xavi (Barcelona/Spain)

Coach nominees: Vicente del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Roberto Di Matteo (Italy/Chelsea), Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United), Pep Guardiola (Spain/Barcelona), Jupp Heynckes (Germany/Bayern Munich), Juergen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), Joachim Loew (Germany/Germany national team), Roberto Mancini (Italy/Manchester City), Jose Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid), Cesare Prandelli (Italy/Italy national team)

HOW 1: How is he nominated? WHAT THE HELL HAS HE DONE TO BE NOMINATED?

HOW 2: HOW THE HELL IS HE CLASSED AS THE BEST ENGLISH PLAYER IN THIS GAME?

HOW 3: During the championships, England were doing well. Once Rooney got back in the team, we sucked. HOW THE HELL IS THIS GUY RATED SO HIGHLY WHEN ALL HE DOES IS F*CK ALL?

And thats HOW for now.

Serously though, is this our standard? Is Rooney our pinnacle? If so, by christ we are in trouble.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:47 am

Balotelli???

Nice to see Xabi A on that list but thing got all credibility of a FA investigation
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:29 am

how now brown cow.

f.ucking joke.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:39 am

He's the most overrated player in the Barclay's Premier League.
Boxscarf

Postby ethanr » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 am

Even better question, how is Fergie on there for top manager when united won exactly f*ck all last season?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 am

The coach of the year will Definetely be Jurgun Klopp. Hopefully Player of the year doesnt go to Messi as he isnt that good either Ronaldo or Iniesta please

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:22 pm

I think Balotelli is the name on that list that sticks out like a sore thumb to be honest.  Inconsistent, poor discipline and not a team player.  For a striker his goalscoring record is hardly brilliant either.  Ibrahimovich is another.  He lives off his reputation for his performances for Ajax and then Inter.  Since then his form has been patchy.

Rooney scores goals and has been consistently one of the best players in the league for several seasons, you can't really argue with that I don't think.

What other English player deserves to be on that list?None in my opinion.

For years Gerrard would have been nailed on to be on there, but his form has dipped in the last couple of seasons and on merit there's no way he can currently be regarded as one of the top 20 or so players in Europe.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:38 pm

LFC1990 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 am wrote: go to Messi as he isnt that good

really :eyebrow .
maybe you just dont like him or you'd rather see ronaldo win it but you can't say he isnt any good.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Where did i say he isnt any good. I said he is not that good. Meaning he isnt that good to win it this year. Would place him round about 3rd. Behind Iniesta and Ronaldo.

He probably will win it though

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:51 pm

More Fergie backhanders? I smell a rat
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:29 pm

LFC1990 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:27 am wrote:The coach of the year will Definetely be Jurgun Klopp. Hopefully Player of the year doesnt go to Messi as he isnt that good either Ronaldo or Iniesta please

Messi isn't that good :laugh:

Did you see him tonight.

I knew someone had made a statement like that - had a feeling it was you
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Yeah saw him, second goal offside wasnt it?

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:14 pm

:laugh:

Makes zero difference - that first finish was just world class

And he showed last night why he is the best in world and possibly best ever

So do you still think "he isn't that good"
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Not as good as Ronaldo or Iniesta

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:34 pm

:laugh:

Based on ? It appears that Messi wins hands down in every category.
Benny The Noon

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion