stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dom1 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:25 pm

who is it mick?
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:14 pm

that clip doesn't work nemore, but I presume you are talking about Jean Carlos Chera, who is meant to be one of the best playersc Brazil have ever produced and is only 9 years old!

here is an article about him.

SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) -- At this rate, sonograms will become a soccer recruiting tool pretty soon.

Jean Carlos Chera, a 9-year-old who is 4-foot-6, is attracting interest from Manchester United and other top European teams. Chera, who weighs 77 pounds, currently plays for the youth teams of Associacao Desportiva Atletica, a small club in the southern Brazilian state of Parana.

"Seven or eight European clubs have already contacted us to know more about Jean," team president Adilson Batista Prado said in a telephone interview Thursday. "They want to know what he is all about, and I tell them he's a phenomenon, probably the best player to come out of Brazil."

Prado and team officials would not identify all the clubs interested in Jean, but confirmed that representatives of Manchester United have asked for videotapes of his matches.

Prado said teams from Portugal, France and Germany have made contact, and local media identified FC Porto as one of the teams.

The club said the European clubs haven't made official offers yet, but some have asked for permission to send representatives, and others have invited the midfielder and his family to go to Europe.

"He still needs to be a kid," said Prado, who does not allow Jean to talk to reporters.

Jean began to attract attention after the club put videos with highlights of Jean's matches on its Web site. In the videos, Jean is seen scoring goals from midfield, dribbling past several defenders and playing among 13- and 14-year-olds.

After the videos were posted, the site's page views nearly tripled and some of them had to be removed to keep the site from crashing, the club said.

Two years ago, Manchester and Inter Milan were among top clubs that expressed interest in then 14-year-old Freddy Adu, who signed Major League Soccer instead. European clubs generally are not allowed to use players from outside the European Union on their first teams until they turn 18.

this is a link of the vido his club in Brazil released of him. http://modifiedliving.com/soccerphenom.htm

it's quite amazing for a 9 year old, just proves why Brazil is the greatest football nation on the planet by a mile.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:18 pm

just realised also that a lot of those videos are home videos taken in 2001, meaning he was only 6 at the time !!!!!!!!!!!!

absolutely incredible.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:37 pm

truly incredible... plays football for fun.. enjoying it... and  of course such awesome skill... but important the talent is nurtured..

... I think the Boss shud sign him.. :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:54 pm

Incredible player.  :suspect:  :Oo:  :O  :O

That said, Michael Owen was allegedly a genuis at underage level, once getting something like 9 goals in the first 45 minutes of an under 12 match, so his coach put him in goal in the second half to give the other players a chance!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:38 am

Meh. I was that god when I was 9.

:D

Yeah right! He looks pretty special, but at that age, you don't know what could happen.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:38 am

by god, I mean good. Sorry, my O doesn't wrk.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion