Fao sabre

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Sun May 27, 2007 8:52 am

Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Sun May 27, 2007 12:40 pm

Unfortunately it's not breaking any rules to offer cash to someone to win a game, as you should be trying to win the game anyway. But i think it is morally wrong.

Maletín (literally small case or briefcase) is short for a cash payment offered in return for a win.  :no
Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Sun May 27, 2007 1:03 pm

TO be honest I don't think it's allowed. It has several problems like explaining to the authorities where did you get that 18000 extra Euros from (taxes etc), and problems like that. But at the same time it's not punnished nor combatted, as Barsa Murph says.

Oh normally, the teams that say that they do not give "briefcases" are the ones to do it. What it is not allowed and is punnished is pay for losing, of course.

There's a lot of rumours going on, but nobody can prove it, but apparently, everyone does it. Everyone who can.

I also think that it's morally wrong. Because if teams get used to receive a briefcase, then they MIGHT NOT give it all in the pitch the day they not receive the briefcase, and there lies the problem, because they should do it. I cannot see a problem to award somebody for winning other than that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon May 28, 2007 8:54 am

Thats fecking bollox that Sabre mate.

If they tried to pull that over here there would be murder.

Bans, Fines  etc.

Not in the spirit of the game.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon May 28, 2007 9:29 am

Yes it is bóllocks. Yesterday Osasuna almost sent my team to segunda. They needed a draw, the seeked to spank us, and they were paid for it. And I'm devastated.

I don't like this briefcases, just trying to explain why they exist. MOtivation is important, Manchester UNited, theoretically should have won the last game at home. But their professionality wasn't good enough. Spanish clubs don't rely on professionality of those football mercenaries, and they treat the mercenaries with the language they understand, money to win.

But I don't like it neither, mate.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon May 28, 2007 9:35 am

I seen the result, gutted for you but we never get to see a full real sociedad game unless they are playing a big team.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion