England players silence - Did you notice ?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:23 pm

Personaly, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I never even noticed that the players were not interviewed. Just shows how irrelevent their post match comments are, when you do hear them.  :alien:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:35 pm

too true,who wants to hear beckhams squeek anyway.At least an england win spared us the usual sven quote..."well,we were good een the first half, but not so good een the second half" :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:44 am

I think this issue is a serious one as its this action that is signalling a shift in the power relationship between club (country), the players and the fans.

The players seem to me to be saying 2 fingers to the fans but its the fans who help put them where they are, and part of being a player is to accept criticism.

In my mind the players are getting too much and they need to take a reality check and perhaps if the fans adopted the same tactics where would that leave them.

Players need to get real and grow up, after all it was the criticism from the public that changed the goalkeeper and helped win the game (in my opinion). A good dose of working on a building site would given them some focus again.

Shape up or sh*t out!!!!
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:21 am

Kinda, you are absolutely correct and the best way of returning the 2 fingers is to ignore them, when they are demanding 'their own petulant attention'
    :p
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfuzed » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:21 pm

Redrider

This topic is so relevant it should be in the top peeps forum for debate, how cud the elite miss the dynamics that lay behind this behaviour, call yerselves the elite.....my ar*e
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:43 pm

they should just refuse tot alk to certani journos but still talk to the good oens, that would make everyone happy right?
anyways it makes no difference, we all know what they will say anyways. thsoe in the squad will say they loev the manager as without them saying that they may get the boot. game fo two halfs, blah blah blah, they are all trained in what to say anyways
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:48 pm

dawson99 wrote:we all know what they will say anyways. thsoe in the squad will say they loev the manager as without them saying that they may get the boot.

that really p#sses me off. players claiming they "love" the manager when it's quite clear that he isn't capable of managing the team. maybe i'd respect him more if he actually explained WHY he made certain decisions in games, instead of just sitting there stone-faced saying "these things happen in football" whenever he makes a blunder. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:30 pm

couldnt have put it better myself
what i hate more tho is when u get someone sayng
the manager is great, we all love hmi

OF COURSE U DO!!! HE PICKED YOU TO PLAY ENGLAND!!!

lets see what beattie has to say about sven eh?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:lets see what beattie has to say about sven eh?

yeah, come on everybody. dawson wants to know what kevin beattie would say about sven! :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kindaconfuzed » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:51 pm

Perhaps the players love Ericsson cos they call the shots which is what worries me about their behaviour.

As for Ericsson the wife asked who "Johnny no-mates" was on the bench which made me laugh :Oo:
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:04 am

Personally, I find the players post match comments to be of less interest than looking at bubbles coming out of a goldfish.
Comment from Sven or about Sven, I treat with derision. The man is a worthless fraud, taking us all to the cleaners. The sooner the press dish some really good dirt on him, which makes his position untenable the better.
But the players are missing the point, we don't even notice when they don't come up with their 'Banal Comment'. So cut the nonesense, we never needed it anyway, cut their promo' pay and leave the post match commentry to the pundits, because that's what they are paid for. And make the game cheaper for us the 'End Punter' :p  :p
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby the great one » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:07 am

have u noticted beckham likes to be centre of attention when an england player scores but when it comes to them drawing he's no where to be seen he took the shine of defoe goal and i better him and neville decided not to speak. i better defoe is gutted he couldn't speak about his goal
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:08 am

`nuff said. :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:55 am

St Michael

Its just like life and in work you always get "seerious kissy ar*e".
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion