Camoranesi

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:31 pm

From SSN

As the vultures continue to circle relegation threatened Juventus, both Liverpool and Bayern Munich have been linked with midfielder Mauro German Camoranesi.

Doubts currently surround the future of all of The Bianconeri's top stars due to the current scandal afflicting the Serie A champions.

With allegations of match fixing still waiting to be resolved, Fabio Capello's side may yet be demoted to Serie B, inevitably leading to an exodus of their top names.

Camoranesi, who is based in Germany with Marcelo Lippi's Italian World Cup squad, is the latest name to be linked with an exit and reports in Italy suggest that FA Cup winners Liverpool and the German champions are watching the developing situation with interest.

The Uruguayan born midfielder is highly unlikely to compromise his international prospects by spending one season at least in the Italian lower leagues, and both parties could be ready to pounce should Juve be punished heavily.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has been keen to reinforce his right-sided options for the last 12 months whilst Bayern are looking to compensate for the loss of captain Michael Ballack to Chelsea.

-------------------

I haven't seen this guy play much but his attitude was awful when he got sent off against Arsenal/
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:23 pm

He WAS a very good player had a very poor season by his standards. I was surprised he made the Italian squad. Quality player when playing well but p.poor attitude when struggling for form. If he came for the right reasons (to win cups ) could be a great buy if he can recapture is old form.I think hes about 30ish now, may be older? May be better options depends on price.
account deleted by request

Postby Alonso14 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:34 pm

He is an excellent player and most of all has an extremely high work rate, especially one who considers himself to be a 'star'. Rafa would defiantly sort his attitude problem right out.

But I’m not to sure to be honest, the article seems simply of arrived because we need a right winger, and there is no quotes or anything.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:22 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:With allegations of match fixing still waiting to be resolved, Fabio Capello's side may yet be demoted to Serie B, inevitably leading to an exodus of their top names.

Exodus of top names ?  :laugh:

More media Bullsh*t .

If they are demoted , I expect Juventus will hang onto most their top names and come straight back up .

Exodus my a*rse .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:13 pm

s@int wrote:He WAS a very good player had a very poor season by his standards. I was surprised he made the Italian squad. Quality player when playing well but p.poor attitude when struggling for form. If he came for the right reasons (to win cups ) could be a great buy if he can recapture is old form.I think hes about 30ish now, may be older? May be better options depends on price.

actually he is 29  :D

Yes a quality player! He has great technique and excellent crosses, but he has some attitude problems
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:27 am

There will be no relegation.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:31 am

is this the fella who got sent off v arsenal in the CL?

right battler...and a bit of a liability tbh. but, horses for courses, it'd add a bit of bite to an already rock-solid middle third i suppose. if it happened. relegation though  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:11 am

I remember Vieira was interviewed last summer shortly after joining Juve and he was asked which player impressed him most after arriving.  In his opinion it was Camoranesi, which is a decent compliment.  To be honest though I don't know what all the fuss is about.  In my eyes Camoranesi is a midfield workhorse and the fact he plays on the right rather than the centre is something I've never understood.  He's not that skilful and he's not that creative imo, not the type of player we need.  On top of that his attitude stinks and I doubt Juve will get relegated anyway so he'll end up staying there.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:23 pm

No thanks.
Smeg

Postby 21guns » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:10 am

yea thats true
21guns

Postby deejay-cgt » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 am

juve looks likey to get a min of a demotion to serie c (thats the latest from the hearing) with ac milan dropping to serie b with -3points and lazio and florientina dropping to serie b with -15 points.
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:41 am

No thanx his hairs ashow.  :suspect:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:27 pm

Whenever Cameronesi is playing and David Pleat's commentating it's hillarious. He tries to say it at the beginning and it'll come out like "Camerorasy". Then he'll throw in a "carmenory" and then half way through he just f#cks it off and changes his name to "Camoriesi".  EVERY TIME he's on, seriously. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:31 pm

He straightens his hair and wears a silver scrunchy in it  :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:47 pm

Ciggy wrote:He straightens his hair and wears a silver scrunchy in it  :glare:

you could do his nails ciggy

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion