Bets? - The only way to liven up the euros

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:48 pm

So who's got a few squid on the Euros? A couple of mine are looking good just now. I got a tenner on David Villa at 16/1 for the golden boot (had the same bet on Baros 4 years ago, same stake, same odds!) and i've got a few quid on the Dutch at 14/1. I really fancy Villa to do it for me, especially with podolski struggling with an injury now.

Unfortunately Huntelar, Anelka and Baros for the golden boot look like no-gos along with a couple of quid i had on Russia. Still you can't win em all.
Last edited by Scottbot on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:10 am

I've do a tenner double every day! Just a straight double on the 2 matches that day,nothing fancy!
I've had it up twice so im breaking about evens.
never gonna win big but it makes it more interesting!Surprising though the tricks footbal can throw up,when you looked at the fixtures before it started it looked so easy to pick 2 predictions a day..Its NOT!

Me dad told me to back Croatia a month or so ago he has £50 on them at 16/1...Not looking a bad bet now!
They will be hard to beat and could do it!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:17 am

Number 9 wrote:Me dad told me to back Croatia a month or so ago he has £50 on them at 16/1...Not looking a bad bet now!

I thought about it as well mate but popped a few quid on the Russians at 28/1 instead. Wishing I'd gone the other way now! Not sure i fancy a bet on the individual games the way they are going so far! Upsets galore...
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:25 am

Scottbot wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Me dad told me to back Croatia a month or so ago he has £50 on them at 16/1...Not looking a bad bet now!

I thought about it as well mate but popped a few quid on the Russians at 28/1 instead. Wishing I'd gone the other way now! Not sure i fancy a bet on the individual games the way they are going so far! Upsets galore...

Yeah but sure no bets are easy mate!
It just makes it more interesting,you wont win big or loose big.
Its good if ya get the first game right then the second one is worth watching more!

Tomorrow Spain 8/15 and Russia 11/10
Hardly worth a tenner to win about £30
But if it comes up you have £20 extra to play with on sunday!!
:D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:16 am

Just put on £5 France 29/1 and £5 Croatia 10/1.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:09 am

Gotta make a confession here. Sometimes in your life you make mistakes and you have to admit them, should you want to improve and be a better man.

In my country there hasn't been a betting tradition. So this bet and win online thing has been some sort of a new thing for many of us.

I decided to use 30€ and expected them to grow. I read a book about mathematics of a lot of pages and formulas to try and get the best pattern to make bets. I did my numbers on paper.

I felt prepared to the betting challenge. But after 3 years of betting, I don't have won a penny over those 30 euros and currently I have 17. A 13 € deficit.

Which proves I wasn't ready whatsoever for the art of gambling. :D

Most of my betting has been on predictions about who will win a game. But I see that when you talk about bets, you normally bet to big odds, such as 1/15 or something unlikely happening.

So, two questions

a) Do you have earned more money than spent on bettings in your life? (More or less)

b) Any betting tip so that 3 years later I'll have not 17 but 65 euros in my bet and win account?

Thanks! :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:35 am

ive got a big double on spain for the euros with Woods in the golf, also got some on torres top goal and spain to win and little bits on stupid stuff

and sabre... the only way to bet is to be REALLY patient, find something tyou really fancy, and lump on it big. no small stakes on loads of thigns... find one thing, put all your money on... but make sure you really like the one thing
Last edited by dawson99 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:24 pm

dawson99 wrote:and sabre... the only way to bet is to be REALLY patient, find something tyou really fancy, and lump on it big. no small stakes on loads of thigns... find one thing, put all your money on... but make sure you really like the one thing

NEVER trust a bookie Sabes!! :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:30 pm

oi, i l aid scolari on a plate for u guys... ok i done my nuts today but even so:;):
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Ive got a nice few bob on Croatia

Daws will understand this Zicos leavin Fena  :nod Get on i have.

First scorer tonight 50 on Xavi.

Saddest bet ever for me was i had an treble going years ago. 1988

Sandy lyle Masters Won
Steve Davis Snooker world championship Won

Guarenteed certainty and the money was spent Liverpool to beat Wimbledon.
:no I was gutted Liverpool let me down for a lot of money
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:09 pm

Daws what's the odds on Dabid Billa coming to LFC.?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:10 pm

David Villa get in you little beauty!!!!!! Show me the motherfu..c..k.in money!!!!!!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:20 pm

Sabre wrote:Gotta make a confession here. Sometimes in your life you make mistakes and you have to admit them, should you want to improve and be a better man.

In my country there hasn't been a betting tradition. So this bet and win online thing has been some sort of a new thing for many of us.

I decided to use 30€ and expected them to grow. I read a book about mathematics of a lot of pages and formulas to try and get the best pattern to make bets. I did my numbers on paper.

I felt prepared to the betting challenge. But after 3 years of betting, I don't have won a penny over those 30 euros and currently I have 17. A 13 € deficit.

Which proves I wasn't ready whatsoever for the art of gambling. :D

Most of my betting has been on predictions about who will win a game. But I see that when you talk about bets, you normally bet to big odds, such as 1/15 or something unlikely happening.

So, two questions

a) Do you have earned more money than spent on bettings in your life? (More or less)

b) Any betting tip so that 3 years later I'll have not 17 but 65 euros in my bet and win account?

Thanks! :D

Sabre anyone that tells you they win more than they bet is a liar! :D

During the season I do an accumalator every week,usually £10 or £20 on 5 or 6 teams!
It sounds easy to pick 6 teams to win out of all the English and Scottish Leagues but believe me its not.But its nice when it comes up 2 0r 3 times a season.I won 3 last year about £1000 all in but i probably put nearly as much on over the season.You dont miss a few quid a week but its nice to win a lump sum!

As for a tip,theres no such thing,its all about luck!
Best tip is DONT BET! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Had 20 on Nando tonight at 4s :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:44 pm

Nice one Dundalk! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next