Argies v bombed our chippies

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:44 pm

Watched the game in school actually.

Really glad Germany went through.

Anyone else saw Kahn giving Lehmann advice?? :p

Surprising.. and touching at the same time.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:48 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Argies can't take losing. They are arguing and very wound up. It's dicraceful. What is there to complain about?

I think one of the Germans told them to be quiet when he scored his spot kick..?
:oops:
It's a shame they couldn't both lose.

If England get there, it'll be Germany or Italy in the final.  It's funny how European teams always seem to win the World Cup in Europe, but Brazil will have some part to play yet (the only non-Europeans left).
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby laza » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:08 am

2520years wrote: It's funny how European teams always seem to win the World Cup in Europe, but Brazil will have some part to play yet (the only non-Europeans left).

Well except for 1958, i still think even in modern age the home continent advantage has a part to play.
Though if any visiting team can beat that hoodoo its Brazil
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:19 am

Anyone knows what happened in the end? What was the fight all about?  ???

the Argentinian manager did some stupid decisions that cost him the game, why take out riquelme? why didn't he put messi or saviola on, while he put Cruz (who can't do sh*t) and another Defencive midfielder (Cambiasso).
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:17 pm

That cufre did a pure kunfu kick to mertesackers groin :laugh:
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby clik » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:25 pm

apparently fifa has conviscated most of the footage of incident
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:36 pm

FIFA president Sepp Blatter is "furious" with the on-field violence which followed Germany's penalty shoot-out victory over Argentina in yesterday's World Cup quarter-final in Berlin.   

At least one German player was left lying on the grass after being kicked while there was also widespread punching and pushing following the end of the game.

Relations had soured during the shoot-out itself and spilled over at the end as players and officials from both sides clashed, and Blatter confirmed FIFA`s disciplinary committee would investigate.

He said: "I am furious about that and our disciplinary committee will monitor this incident and definitely will take some steps towards those who are identified as being the `provocateurs` of this incident.

"There was really no need. After 120 minutes football is a drama, and then you have to go to penalty kicks and then football becomes a tragedy, but one is the winner and one is the loser.

"What I always say is in football you learn to win, but you also have to learn to lose."

Argentina`s Leandro Cufre, an unused substitute, was shown the red card by referee Lubos Michel for his part in the melee after he was seen kicking Germany centre-back Per Mertesacker.

Mertesacker told PA Sport: "They are no choirboys, that`s for sure.

"One of their players attacked me even though I did not do anything, and he got the red card. I have three or four red marks on my thigh and then he kicked me again in the groin.

"I cannot understand that it turned into so much aggression. He behaved in a very unsporting way and I asked him why he did that and then he completely lost it again."

German team manager Oliver Bierhoff, caught in the middle of the melee which immediately followed the penalty shoot-out, said he had intervened after seeing Mertesacker targeted.

Bierhoff said: "Per was angry about what was a very unsporting thing to do and the players started going at each other. I saw that and wanted to put myself between them so the players didn`t do anything stupid."
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:47 pm

Did anyone see Maxi Rodriguez flying through the air to land a fist in head of one of the German Coaching staff.  I couldn't believe it.  Upto now the whole tournament has been played in fastastic spirit.   Very disappointed with the Argentina players.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:26 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:Did anyone see Maxi Rodriguez flying through the air to land a fist in head of one of the German Coaching staff.  I couldn't believe it.  Upto now the whole tournament has been played in fastastic spirit.   Very disappointed with the Argentina players.

Maxi didn't punch a German coach he punched some security personnel and he can very fortunate the lad didn't turn around and punch him str8 in the face.  :D
48-1119859832

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:48 pm

0asis wrote:Maxi didn't punch a German coach he punched some security personnel and he can very fortunate the lad didn't turn around and punch him str8 in the face.  :D

Cheers for that Oasis.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby puroresu » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:38 pm

Pekerman cost Argentina the game.  They were dominating posession and he takes of Riquelme which was crazy.  The decision not to bring on Messi also beyond belief.
puroresu

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:30 pm

puroresu wrote:Pekerman cost Argentina the game.  They were dominating posession and he takes of Riquelme which was crazy.  The decision not to bring on Messi also beyond belief.

Over confidence can do terrible things to a man's brain.
48-1119859832

Postby clik » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:32 pm

0asis wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:Did anyone see Maxi Rodriguez flying through the air to land a fist in head of one of the German Coaching staff.  I couldn't believe it.  Upto now the whole tournament has been played in fastastic spirit.   Very disappointed with the Argentina players.

Maxi didn't punch a German coach he punched some security personnel and he can very fortunate the lad didn't turn around and punch him str8 in the face.  :D

wasn't it Oliver Bierhoff?
clik

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:43 pm

clik wrote:
0asis wrote:

One of the commentators said it was a security person. I believe Heinze got into a confrentation with Bierhoff.
48-1119859832

Postby clik » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:45 pm

0asis wrote:
clik wrote:
0asis wrote:

One of the commentators said it was a security person. I believe Heinze got into a confrentation with Bierhoff.

you're right oasis  :idea
clik

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion