Alves - Alfonso not daniel

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby destro » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:44 pm

I was reading a magazine today it had a piece on the up and coming Brazilian stars.It mentioned this player Alfonso Alves who has scored 35 goals in 31 games  :oh: . After a bit of Googling i found out he plays for the Dutch team SC Heerenveen. He also played for two Swedish clubs Malmo FF and Orgryte IS where he scored 94 goals in 54 games !!

Not exactly what you would call big clubs but that is some scoring record even in inferior leagues, i havent heard of him being linked with any of the top clubs and i was just wondering why ? Surely with a record like that he must be at least attracting one of the big boys ?

Does anyone know anything else about him ?

I know they dont mean s.hit when judging a player but here is a clip of him in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=920aMpWX9nc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1pmsRBSsn4

Just found this on Mighty Reds forum, old news but looks like we had our chance !

Alfonso Alves fancies Liverpool

Alfonso Alves says that he would like to move to the Premiership when his contract is up at Malmo. He said:

"I have got two years left at Malmo and am just thinking about playing here but it is obvious that I would like to play for a big club in Europe. Liverpool is a really good club."
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:47 pm

Could be another Samaras  :shifty
LFC2007

Postby GOAT » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:09 am

LFC2007 wrote:Could be another Samaras  :shifty

Eh, he didnt have a great record even before city
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:07 am

GOAT wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Could be another Samaras  :shifty

Eh, he didnt have a great record even before city

No, but he was just as highly rated by Heerenveen.
LFC2007

Postby Espionage » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:39 am

Fu*k me those were some good goals.  Natural finisher, and showed the ability to score a whole range of goals (both feet, head, dribbling, long shots, 1 on 1s, break aways........) 

Really impressive.
Last edited by Espionage on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:04 pm

Ive looked a bit further into it, seems we have been linked with him in the past so have Chelsea and Man U ?.

Like i said it is hard to judge a player on videos off Youtube but that record and some of his finishes in ANY league are impressive. I wouldnt imagine that the fee for him would be that high, so hopefully Rafa is reading this and takes a chance :D :D
destro

Postby destro » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:33 pm

He scored 7 of Heerenveen,s 9 goals today !  :cool: :cool: .
destro

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:38 pm

destro wrote:He scored 7 of Heerenveen,s 9 goals today !  :cool: :cool: .

Yep and I work as a hostess for Heracles Almelo my son is gutted he has a season ticket, no player has ever score 7 goals single handidly in the Ere Divisie not even Kruijf or Van Basten.
Crippling to Heracles Almelo.

Alfonso Alves should have left the Ere divisie last season IM he is one hell of a player superb.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:
destro wrote:He scored 7 of Heerenveen,s 9 goals today !  :cool: :cool: .

Yep and I work as a hostess for Heracles Almelo my son is gutted he has a season ticket, no player has ever score 7 goals single handidly in the Ere Divisie not even Kruijf or Van Basten.
Crippling to Heracles Almelo.

Alfonso Alves should have left the Ere divisie last season IM he is one hell of a player superb.

I posted a few of his goal scoring facts further up, makes you wonder why none of the big clubs have taken a chance ?

Have you seen much of him Ciggy, does he look like he lives up to the hype ?

The last rumour I read was that Sven was having a look at him, his scoring record is first class no matter what league he is playing in, wonder if they will swap him for Kuyt   :D
destro

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:33 am

He wanted to leave during the summer, but somehow it didn't materialize, maybe because Heerenveen were asking for too much for him? I think he went on some sort of strike, and that this game was his first one back... some comeback you might say (even if it was only against a team from the bottom of the dutch league). His stats are amazing though, and hasn't he played a couple of times for Brazil aswell? Don't know if he would be suited for us though, really haven't seen that much of him in action tbh. Also, isn't he about 28 years old?
JamCar05

Postby europian-kings » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:19 pm

i dont care what league your in or how easy your games are...7 goals in one match is amazing!
you rarely see players score hatriks in the english leagues, even when premiership sides play league 1 or 2. but to score 2 hatriks +1 is just being bloody gready! :p
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:23 pm

I was just looking around a bit.And i swa this topic.
This guy is a great player.. he scored 7 goals in the match heerenveen-heracles (9-0)
But he wasnt that sweet for the club (they didnt want to sale him,or however i say) so he didnt want to play for heerenveen anymore (he did played for brasil) this was going on for month.
-x-
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:23 pm

oh :censored:..hahaha didnt see that this was already said...im sorryyyy
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby Dutchsky » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:16 pm

destro wrote:He also played for two Swedish clubs Malmo FF and Orgryte IS where he scored 94 goals in 54 games !!

Correction. Not true.

He played 94 matches in Sweden and scored 50 goals.

His breakthrough came at Heerenveen.
Where he now (2 seasons) played 35 matches and scored 44 goals.

Dispite his scoring qualities, he also produced some bad mentality where he refused to play for weeks. But he did play for Brazil during that period.
Dutchsky

Postby puroresu » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:12 pm

I aint sure about him.  I prefer Hunterlaar.  I just dont know whether his as good as his record suggests. It doesn't seem like the Brazilians think his good enough for them.  There media had no idea who he was.
puroresu

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion