Yes
42%
No
58%
Depends on how much Rafa get's to spend
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby tubby » Mon May 18, 2009 9:33 am

Bearing in mind Rafa will probably get what he usually has to spend - 20 - 25Mil plus money from players he will have to sell (possibly including a key player) do you think he will be able to build the strength in depth we lacked this year? Do you think we will win the league next year?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:09 am

Popular Poll this Bav :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:16 pm

We wont becuase Rafa´s preparation has once again been cr@p.

He criticised Parry but whats changed? Instead of training and preparing the team for the new season he´s been out swinging his balls over Alsonso.

I´m very concerned our first 6 weeks is going to propel us sufficiently to mount a title campaign. Rafa needs to focus on FOOTBALL and leave transfers to the new MD. Jaysus I sound like Hicks !
Last edited by Reg on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:20 am

Effes wrote:Popular Poll this Bav :D

:laugh: I think it's because there's no "others" option, although it's difficult to put one in I guess as we'll either win it or we won't.

If you held a gun to my head I hate to say it but I don't think we will quite win it no. I think we have a huge chance, but although I have much more faith in the manager now he's binned much of the theories he arrived with, I can't get away from the feeling that somewhere along the line there'll be a Martin Skyrtel at right back moment, a farce of Fratton Park waiting to trip us up.We'll go close again I think, but we didn't win it lastseason when pretty much everything went our way, so I think we'll be second again. I haven't voted though, in protest at the lack of my favoured option.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:55 pm

The final third of last season that materialised in such a credible campaign was so emphatic that it put to bed many of my concerns. If we can approximate the attacking aggression we saw last season beyond the Boro debacle, I can't see us not winning the league. That's a big if, but it's no longer an outlandish one in my opinion.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Football Related Polls