Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Who would you like to lose - Mancs or chavs

man utd
66%
chelsea
34%

Total votes : 29

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 18, 2007 2:44 pm

I cant stand Chelsea but when it comes to the crunch its the Mancs I want to see crying at the end.
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Fri May 18, 2007 2:51 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:04 pm

stmichael wrote:Image

im portant game mikey dude. if the mancs win then they have done a decent double which none of us want. but if cheatski win then they will say they are happy and maureen may keep his job.

persoanlly id rather cheatski won it, cant have the mancs doing the double, but i still wanna see maureen sacked.

lots of red cards, diving and in juries could make it fun
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri May 18, 2007 3:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:
stmichael wrote:Image

im portant game mikey dude. if the mancs win then they have done a decent double which none of us want. but if cheatski win then they will say they are happy and maureen may keep his job.

persoanlly id rather cheatski won it, cant have the mancs doing the double, but i still wanna see maureen sacked.

lots of red cards, diving and in juries could make it fun

lots of red cards  :D , diving - ronaldo and robben  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 18, 2007 3:09 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:34 pm

Was asked this in the office before.  For me, it's not about who wins, it's down to a toss up of who I want to see crying at the end.  The money has to be on John Terry (sorry, what was I thinking typing that, I meant "Big JT") as the twat's always crying, usually after being knocked out of another semi-final by us.

Don't think I've ever seen Gary Neville or Ryan Giggs cry.  I think I'd like to see Rio Ferdinand and Cristiano Ronaldo blubbing again.

Don't really know what direction I want this game to take so I'll sit on the fence, but if my money was on anyone it would be Manchester United.  But I'll take great comfort in the look of defeat which will be etched on the faces of the losing team.

Weirdly enough, I'm quite looking forward to the match.  I like Cup Final day.  I think I only like it this year though because I know where the two teams would REALLY rather be and the game they'd rather be preparing for...
jonnymac1979

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 18, 2007 5:09 pm

I'd prefer it if the Mancs lost...no one wants to here about the double all summer do they? ???

As for Mourinho, Daws, I'm not sure Roman will consider a Carling and FA Cup double anywhere near good enough return for his money.  I expect Mounrinho will be off even if they win.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 18, 2007 5:26 pm

Got to be the scum. Horrible b*stards.

I really don't want them to win the double. We'll never hear the end of it. SIlly f*ckers. :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 18, 2007 5:42 pm

Manchester United.

While I hate them both, sometimes with Mourinho I laugh a lot, where as most things coming from Manchester annoy me for some reason.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri May 18, 2007 7:10 pm

This is the silliest question - I mean why would we want the mancs to win anything?
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 18, 2007 11:28 pm

Man Utd.

Don't want them to do the double.

Although if they won it means Mourinho is one step closer to leaving the train set.

He's already upset that Toto was sent away by the coppers.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 19, 2007 12:29 am

damm i voted wrong

ok dont all hit me for saying this * sands back a bit*
but i would love Mourinho not to get his hands on the cup this year. I  know we all hate the mancs but it seems over the Ferguson has gone a bit soft, yes he said he would not like to win the CL but he would say that, but he has also said that we were very very unlucky not to beat them.
i am fed up with Mourinho "the better team lost" i would love in if Chelsea were all over them for 94 mins and the manc win by a 95 min own goal..........sorry....* runs for cover*
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat May 19, 2007 12:33 am

Both :p
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat May 19, 2007 12:41 am

:censored: :censored: off[/B]
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 19, 2007 4:09 am

FA Cup Final, Who Cares?
It may have escaped your notice, it almost escaped mine, but tomorrow is FA Cup final day. Firstly, my apologies for taking up some valuable blog time a few days before the Champions League final to discuss a couple of European lightweights competing in a lesser cup final, but I couldn’t let tomorrow’s game go without a mention.

The FA Cup final returns to the New Wembley tomorrow and it’s unfortunate that its seems to have happened a year too late. Last year, Liverpool and West Ham battled it out in a memorable edge of the seat final that went all the way to a penalty shoot-out which went in our favour. It was a final regarded by many, as the greatest FA Cup final of the modern era and it was a game that would most certainly have graced the FA Cups return to the New Wembley. Sadly, by comparison, tomorrow’s game is turning out to be nothing more then a damp squib.

CSKA London and the mancs will compete against each other tomorrow in what the media had tried to hype up as a “dream” final. Well that “dream” final has certainly turned into a bit of a nightmare for the FA because there seems to be a remarkable lack of interest in the game from football fans.

Of course, the supporters of both teams involved will have an interest, but even that seems to be a bit muted judging from some of the ones I’ve spoken to and the various websites I’ve looked at. The press coverage too, seems to have been very low key and even Jose MOANinho’s dog was given more headlines then tomorrow’s game. So what’s the problem? Well I believe there are several reasons to explain the general apathy from football supporters towards this final.

Firstly, the supporters of both sides will have had their eyes on the big prize that we will be playing for next Wednesday. However, having their dreams destroyed by the well deserved victories of both ourselves and AC Milan over their sides, may have woken them up to the fact that when it comes to competing at the very highest level for the biggest prize in the game, their teams have been shown to be out of their depth. So to them, tomorrow’s final will seem like a bit of an anti-climax to the season.

As for the neutrals lack of interest. Supporters are just fed up to their back teeth with the media’s season-long overhyping of the chavs vs. the mancs, Moaninho vs. Fungusface, it became boring a long time ago and tomorrow is no exception. One of the big things lacking in the game is an underdog element. People love an underdog and if there was a team from outside the top four in the final, it would have generated far more interest among neutrals.

Another thing which makes this final a real turn off to neutrals is that if two of the top four are to contest a final, a game between chelski and the mancs is by far the least attractive of the options available. The reason for this is that of the big four, Arsenal play the most attractive football and Liverpool are the most interesting. This may seem like bias on my behalf but it’s the truth. I’m not suggesting that all neutral supporters love us, many of them can’t stand us, but they will always watch us, even if its in the hope that we are beaten.

Consider the extra interest there would be if one of these match-ups replaced tomorrow’s.

Liverpool vs. the mancs - quite simply the biggest football rivalry in the world and a game that really could have been classed as a dream final. Even a game of tiddlywinks between the sides would create a huge audience.

Liverpool vs. CSKA London - There is a genuine dislike between the managers, the players and the supporters which creates a great air of tension in every encounter between the sides. They are usually very close affairs and although the football isn’t always the most attractive, the games are always fascinating.

Liverpool vs. Arsenal - could be called the scientist vs. the artist. Always a good game to watch. They have their style, we have ours and the one who imposes theirs most successfully, usually wins.

Any of those games would generate far more interest and a much bigger audience then tomorrow’s.

As for my prediction of the result, I really couldn’t be arsed making one. A defeat for either side has its plus points but this is offset by the fact that a victory for either side has its negatives. To be honest I don’t even have any plans to watch the game at the moment as the thought of watching either Gary Nipple or John Teary collecting the trophy, I personally find quite repugnant.

I mean no disrespect to the FA Cup which is a trophy I hope to see us win again many times in the future. However, as tomorrow’s game is between the two well-beaten Champions League semi-finalists, I regard it as little more then a third place play-off which is as well gotten out of the way as soon as possible so that people can turn their attentions to a game that has had no trouble in capturing the imagination of football supporters the world over, the real “Dream Final” next Wednesday in Athens!

Weblog
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat May 19, 2007 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Next

Return to Football Related Polls