Who is the best? - Just wondering

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 01, 2006 1:07 pm

So the other day i said that these five players would walk into any team in the world

steven gerrard
ronaldinho
thierry henry
wayne rooney
frank lampard

of course we wouldnt take frank and theyd say they dont need stevie but can anyone think of anyone else that would get into ANY team i the world?
also have i mentionde someone that u think wouldnt get into any team (mi ready for u all to say lampard)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 01, 2006 1:16 pm

frank lampard has to be the most overrated player in europe.

john terry on the other hand is class, and would walk into any side in the world imo.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon May 01, 2006 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 01, 2006 1:21 pm

i disagree about lamps. we at liverpool have a biased but watching all footy (which i know loads of us do) u cant argue his work rate or score ratio. If anything when it comes to terry i would rather have gallas as terry has made a couple of very costly mistakes lately and in the season. he should have given away numerous penalties this season also.

its good we disagree though and yeah, terry wuold walk into most teams, but theres a few defenders that would. i honestly cant see how carragher couldnt get into most teams in te world
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 01, 2006 1:31 pm

frank lampard is a modern day version of david platt in that he has many flaws as a footballer (passing average, can't tackle, can't dribble) but everyone raves about him because he scores a lot of goals. what people seem to forget is that the guy seems to have a superhuman ability to never get injured, he plays in a system which means he never has any sort of defensive responsibility and he also takes every single dead ball for them. all in all, joe cole is a far superior player to lampard.

i'm not saying the guy's not a good player, but world class? nowhere near. where was he in the semi final? where was he against barcelona? the answer. nowhere. because when it comes to the very highest level against the very best opposition, the guy has proved time and again that he can't cut it.

just my opinion like :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 01, 2006 1:33 pm

well i know what u mean and maybe im bombarded with propaganda since im in lnodon but the facts are he does score goals and doesnt get imjured. every team in england barr us could use him, and i couldnt name many teams in the world that wouldnt really want him, or any of the other players ive mentioned.

i still say gerrard is about 100 times better of course
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1146193975 » Mon May 01, 2006 1:43 pm

Lampard works hard for his team and is there leading scorer this season.He is as important to chelsea as Gerrard is to Liverpool.The reason supporters of other teams hate him could be because he is not elegant in his style of play.. in fact he rather crude in his challegenges breaking opposing players there legs :angry:

btw i wonder how the spanish midfield will look like in the world cup with fabrigas now playing so well and xavi back from injury.
72-1146193975

Postby UserGrant115 » Mon May 01, 2006 1:51 pm

hmmm...
John Terry has NO brain when a player has the ball he dosent think of tactics he just charges him self at them and he either to get Injured or Sent off, where on the other hand Gerrard and Lampard have a good brain they know what there gunna do say that there is a player 100 yards out and gerrard wants ro cross it to him he will think
"hmmmm thats not right"
He will think that there is only 40% of him getting the ball over but gerrard with tackles is bad but lampard thinks about what he is doing.
Does Anyone Agree?
UserGrant115

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 01, 2006 1:53 pm

i actually think the complete opposite, terry has a great footballing brain but is not the quickest, he can be rash and under any other team he would have given away maybe 5 penalties this term
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon May 01, 2006 2:05 pm

There all great players including lampard i think any would walk into any team

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon May 01, 2006 4:17 pm

I think part of it depends on what is meant by "walk into any team"...

If that means they'd make the squad of every single club team in the world, then I certainly agree with all listed, including Lampard (and including Liverpool, incidently)...

But if that means their name is down as a starter on the teamsheet week in, week out for any of the biggest clubs in the world then I agree with St. Mike that Lampard's just not at that level.  He has skill certainly but I just don't think he'd suit every team's style of play.  Where, for example, would he fit in the Milan midfield?  And, rumours aside, I'm not convinced he'd fit at all into Barca's midfield either.  I'm sure these teams would be interested in having them on their bench but I'm not sure he'd get a game all that often.

As for Terry, I agree with Dawson--there's no doubting his intelligence and passion.  He and Carra were made in the same mould and are both the beating hearts of their clubs (with Stevie giving Liverpool a second beating heart...take that Jose!  :buttrock ).  They may lack some of the pace and polish of guys like Rio but they are head and shoulders better than that waster!  Having said that, I'm sure Rio's "style" is more attractive to some of the bigger continental clubs and I expect that we'll see him plying his trade abroad at some point in the next few seasons...hell, I'm surprised he hasn't joined up with Becks already, the fecking mercinary!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Return to Football Related Polls