8.Roberto Di Matteo
29%
9.Stephen Pressley
No votes
10.Others
7%

Total votes : 14

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:53 pm

I reckon out of the ten I have picked at least one or two deserve to be tested on a bigger stage  ,whether they will or not remains to be seen ,as it is growing evermore apparent not many  Big clubs are willing to take a chance on untried managerial talent

There are the obvious names that stand out such as Di Matteo and Paul Ince ,but if I had to take a punt I would pick Paul Lambert from the options available he has his Norwich side playing with panache and they are currently  the most formidable team in their league and sit 8 points clear,I also like the look of the Swansea team under Paulo Sousa who also play vibrant football the way it should be played

So who in your opinion merits a seat at the top table ,who deserves a chance at transforming a Premier team  ???

Seems I have omitted No.4 by mistake
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Di Matteo

He left the game after finishing his playing career and studying coaching and got his badges, them came back and started near the bottom and made his way up - unlike some who just jump in at the front like Zola
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Like Martinez myself . Likes playing good football and has served his apprentiship well at Swansea and wigan .
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:23 pm

I can see Paulo Sousa going right to the top. I've only seen Swansea play a couple of times but one of those was against Newcastle, which they drew but dominated and just about deserved to win. They don't have very good players tbh, but they work hard and are tough to break down and that's the most effective strategy in those circumstances. Their defensive record this season is astonishingly good and that to me is a sign of a good manager. Consider too that he's had a lot of experience playing under two of the best managers in Europe (Lippi and Hitzfeld) and takes advice from Mourinho. And he speaks like he has a detailed understanding of the game.
LFC2007

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:44 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I can see Paulo Sousa going right to the top. I've only seen Swansea play a couple of times but one of those was against Newcastle, which they drew but dominated and just about deserved to win. They don't have very good players tbh, but they work hard and are tough to break down and that's the most effective strategy in those circumstances. Their defensive record this season is astonishingly good and that to me is a sign of a good manager. Consider too that he's had a lot of experience playing under two of the best managers in Europe (Lippi and Hitzfeld) and takes advice from Mourinho. And he speaks like he has a detailed understanding of the game.

A good assessment mate ,I thought they played like an efficient unit against Newcastle ,Sousa seems to have that air of arrogance which all great managers seem to possess ,not actually a bad thing when its what sets you apart from the rest ,plus he was a special player
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:06 am

David Moyes is youngish
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 am

Paul Jewell - I can still see him as Liverpool manager within the next 20 years
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 am

Gus Poyet
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DaMo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Voted for Paulo Sousa from that list, but I reckon Nigel Pearson might be worth an honourable mention of some sort. I thought he did well to get Leicester City out of League One at the first time of asking, and with them currently sitting in a play-off spot, back-to-back promotions could be on the cards.
DaMo

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 pm

NANNY RED wrote:David Moyes is youngish

yeh but he's also tw@tish
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:11 pm

Laudrup.
maypaxvobiscum

Return to Football Related Polls