Suarez, still with us ?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Will Suarez still be with us next season ?

1. He'll be gone
18%
2. He'll stick with us
64%
3. Unsure
18%

Total votes : 22

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:04 pm

I don't think Bayern have the money to afford his transfer fee but at the same time we should not be complacent. If John Henry doesn't pull his thumb out of his ***** and spend some serious money to try get us back into the top 4 then I wouldn't be surprised if the player did eventually ask for a move away.

As for talk of Suarez 'being happy here' well sure he is right now why wouldn't he... he's on fire and obviously enjoying his football here. But it wasn't so long ago Torres was in the same position... so I choose not to believe any talk of the player himself being happy here. Of course as Torres also showed the grass is not always greener on the other side but looking at it realistically if the owners do not show any ambition in the summer window then I can honestly say Suarez' days here at LFC will be numbered.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:24 pm

tubby » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:04 pm wrote:I don't think Bayern have the money to afford his transfer fee but at the same time we should not be complacent. If John Henry doesn't pull his thumb out of his ***** and spend some serious money to try get us back into the top 4 then I wouldn't be surprised if the player did eventually ask for a move away.

As for talk of Suarez 'being happy here' well sure he is right now why wouldn't he... he's on fire and obviously enjoying his football here. But it wasn't so long ago Torres was in the same position... so I choose not to believe any talk of the player himself being happy here. Of course as Torres also showed the grass is not always greener on the other side but looking at it realistically if the owners do not show any ambition in the summer window then I can honestly say Suarez' days here at LFC will be numbered.

I've been buoyed by some of the comments Suarez has made in recent weeks and feel more optimistic about us holding onto him for another season at least but as you point out Tubby that could easily change. The way we finish the remainder of the season allied to the ambition shown in the next transfer window will have a huge bearing on mentality of players we want to hold onto.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:35 pm

It all depends on what else is on offer. If Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern come knocking in the summer it would be difficult for him to turn down. Those sort of opportunities won’t necessarily come round every summer. Juventus is the other realistic option but Seria A isn’t as attractive as it was 10 years ago.

I don’t think Barcelona would want him as he doesn’t suit their style of play so it depends on the summer plans of Real Madrid and Bayern.

He seems reasonably settled so I don’t think he’ll move for the sake of moving. I think he’ll still be here next season.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls