no
38%
dont know
No votes
bad idea
25%

Total votes : 8

Postby ynwa » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:42 pm

heard what fifa might be doing. they are planing to bring back a standing section in each club.  it will only a small section of the ground
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:57 pm

it is an absolutely stupid idea, one that the sports minister in this country is set to say no to straight away, how the fu*k can you even ask that question on a board of liverpool supporters.  justice for the 96 is what i say, why do something as stupid as bringing back standings areas.

the thing at football grounds is that everybody is accounted for, and the way they are designed and with all seating, they are very safe indeed.  i  think this is a good thing, i dont mind losing a bit of atmosphere as long as there is safety
109-1105722616

Postby Rafa » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:00 pm

Not that much of a daft idea, how is it?

Its a small section of the ground and they will sell what they think is enough tickets for that section so there is no over crowding.

If they had a section in the Kop that was standing I for one would like to be in that section
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:02 pm

Rafa wrote:Not that much of a daft idea, how is it?

Its a small section of the ground and they will sell what they think is enough tickets for that section so there is no over crowding.

If they had a section in the Kop that was standing I for one would like to be in that section

fuk off bellend, i think it is a stupid idea
109-1105722616

Postby ynwa » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:06 pm

marklfc i thought this is a fu.ckin discussion room so i was only getting views from other lfc fans to me it might be a bad idea to  allow grounds to have a standing section
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:12 pm

the people who keep standing in the kop why dont u get them kicked out if u thin kitting is more safer or do u think it is ok for them to keep standing marklfc
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:12 pm

its a poo idea, thats my opinion
109-1105722616

Postby ynwa » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:13 pm

im only saying what fifa has suggested
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:17 pm

Cant see the point, people stand in the seating anyway so you might aswell leave it as it is.
SALTROCK67

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:18 pm

if you stand now in the kop, you can only stand for a bit cos the majority sit back down, apart from the olympikacos game, i just think it is safer, next fifa will want to errect steel pends again.

idiots should stop messing about with the game
109-1105722616

Postby ynwa » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:20 pm

[quote]Cant see the point, people stand in the seating anyway so you might aswell leave it as it is.

it encorges other fans to stand u might as well give the fans who stand all the time there own little part of the ground
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm all for a standing area for those who wish to stand at the game. It's been done with great success in the Bundesliga and there's no reason it couldn't be a success over here as long as its carefully controlled. Standing at a match in itself isn't intrinsically unsafe, it's the way it's controlled by the club, stewards and police which dictates whether or not the safety of the supporters can be guaranteed. I can't honestly see it ever happening in the prem but it might help rejuvenate the flagging atmosphere at Anfield and most other grounds.

This is abviously a highly emotive and contentious issue for our club and needs to be handled with extreme care and dignity but there's nothing wrong with the actual idea.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:58 pm

I agree that there is nothing wrong with having a seperate standing area as long as it's well controlled and managed. Let's be honest, if there were to be a standing area at Anfield then it is going to be the best monitored place in Europe!
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:03 pm

marklfc wrote:
Rafa wrote:Not that much of a daft idea, how is it?

fuk off bellend, i think it is a stupid idea

LOL, u total w.anker, just because u think it is a bad idea doesnt mean every1 else has to.

If the standing area is controlled then there is ****** all in having one, u tossp.ot.

I like standing in the ground, dont get me wrong if im asked to sit down I will. But I find that its more enjoyable standing in the match
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthernScouser » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:19 pm

doesn't suprise that we have come full cycle again with Fifa
and I'm not suprised people will have strong views on this Forum

Safety should always come paramount to everything else - if it can be controlled - and it's like for 200 seats etc - then maybe it could bring slightly more to the atmosphere

But years ago - stands were supposed to be safe then, and health & safety reviewed on an annual basis
no one needs to be reminded how that all ended
SouthernScouser

Next

Return to Football Related Polls