i doubt it
5%
in the near future, maybe
16%
definitely, it's time
79%

Total votes : 19

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:01 pm

Liverpool ace Stephen Warnock believes he has proved to Rafa Benitez he can handle playing on the biggest stage.

The young midfielder has broken into the side this season after getting a chance under Benitez.

Warnock impressed in a left back role in Wednesday's 3-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen in the Uefa Champions League and he hopes his performance in Germany will help secure a regular place in the starting XI.

"The good thing about Wednesday is that I feel I have shown the manager what I can do when I play well," said Warnock.

"You want the manager to know you won't let them down when selected.

"I was nervous before the Leverkusen game because I was desperate to do well to make up for some of the games earlier in the season.

"I feel I have let myself down a couple of times when I have had chances. You learn from those experiences and I have taken a lot from the lows as well as the highs.

"Before the Leverkusen game I was told that I was probably trying too hard when I'd had opportunities before so I just wanted to relax.

"I have also been watching videos to see what I was doing wrong and make sure I don't make the same mistakes again.

"It's all about a level of consistency. There's no point in playing well one game and letting myself down in the next.

"If I am selected next week against Blackburn I know I have got to perform like I did in Leverkusen."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:18 pm

well looks like im the first to vote, and i gotta say, its time... and im eating my words as i say it. i never thought hed have the defensive capabilities to fill the left back void. Talk of playing risse left back is just ludicrous as he gives us so much more in midfield.

I still like traore for the job but Warnocks proven himself to me in the last game (Vs lever) and hes shown the passion and detirmination i think we need.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ian cooper » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:28 pm

Yeah got my vote to put him in now. He has the battle about him, the same as Carragher does - maybe not as much but you can see it in his determination and heart that he will grow into the mould Carragher and Gerrard have.

Referring to Riise giving so much more in midfield I agree. In the years he's been here he's played this role on and off a little and always impressed. He's always been a pressing player and great in his new position. I think if Warnock and Riise can pin back the right side of Leverkusen at home, they can do it to most teams in the Premiership.
ian cooper

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:50 pm

this would then jeopardise Traore's and Kewell's chances than. What should we do when all these Left sided players become fit?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:38 pm

Warnocks got my vote. He almost cut one of the Blackburn lads in half last night with a ferocious tackle ,fkin' loved it .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:35 pm

warnock played well and so did Pellegrino..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:24 am

I'd play him over Traore any day, and with Riise on the left wing and Warnock's recent performanes, I would say he should be first choice left back until the end of the season.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:45 am

No brainer Question ???  YES AND YES
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:46 am

Traore as back up?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:34 am

Dalglish wrote:No brainer Question ???  YES AND YES

And thrice yes.

Warnock's looking like real 1st team material now and oozes energy, drive and commitment, just the kind of player we need in the side when half of them can't be a*sed to perform week-in, week-out. Our new Carra perhaps?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:38 am

Woollyback wrote:
Dalglish wrote:No brainer Question ???  YES AND YES

And thrice yes.

Warnock's looking like real 1st team material now and oozes energy, drive and commitment, just the kind of player we need in the side when half of them can't be a*sed to perform week-in, week-out. Our new Carra perhaps?

agreed mates, so if thats the case why was he subbed against blackburn??

and why did the waster smicer play??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:41 am

He was the only player the other night that broke out in a sweat he gave it his all, well done lad its a shame the other didnt take a leaf out of his book :glare:  Or will this change when hes earing thousands a week ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:48 am

so why was he subbed then??

sweating is not a reason
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:56 am

I reckon Rafa's giving Smicer one last chance to prove himself before the cull in the summer

See ya Vladi
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:05 am

should have kept berger and off-loaded smicer to pompey instead
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls