Alonso
No votes
Kuyt
7%
Bellamy
No votes

Total votes : 43

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Reina- Apart from Chelsea we have conceded the least overall also only 4 goals conceded at home which is pretty impressive. Hes looked much more comfortable this season and has made some good descions

Finnan- Like Reina we have conceded very few and our back 4 and keeper do deserve alot of credit. Finnan who i think is very under rated outside the club is and excellent player both defending and attacking. He supports the right winger before tracking back and support his fellow defenders.

CARRAGHER- He has been imense this season we could have conceded alot more if he wasnt at the heart of our defense. Hes heart is in liverpool fc and he plays almost perfect no matter if were playing Barcelona or Watford.

Agger- Has really settled in well in our back 4 and looks as if he has taking Hyypias place permantly. same as carragher we could have conceded alot more if he wasnt there. Also he has a great Shot on him too

Riise- Wherever he plays lb or lm he plays very attacking. He goes forward alot and supports our attacks very well. Despite him being a lb sometimes he gets caught out a bit but a great player none the less

GERRARD- Our Captain. Hasnt scored as many as last year but has supported our attacks well. Arguably he could be playing out of position but no matter if he plays Cm Rm he is still excellent.

Sissoko- Still no goals for our Sissoko but is a real solid gem. He breaks up alot of teams attacks and can cause some great situations. Hes very strong on the ball and can hold the ball up well.

Alonso- Hes been a bit iffy this season but still has scored a few crackers and is still a great play maker. He assists with goals very well but lost his great form from last year.

Bellamy- Great player hes a real strong player and is good striker and assisting his strike partner. Very unselfish and does alot for the team. Also apart from the golf club incident he has calmed down alot which shows he has turned the corner

KUYT - Dirk Kuyt what a player. Great signing as he is our top scorer in thepremiership i think. He may not have scored as many as Drogba but this is his 1st season with us and things can only get better. Also he has a great work ethic and doesnt stop working

For me Kuyt or Carragher. But make ur descion

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:24 pm

I voted for Carra, who after a poor start has been immense for most of the season. Gerrard has been way below what we expect from him for most of the season, and Kuyt hasn't scored enough. Honourable mention to Finnan for again having a very good season.
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:14 pm

Dirk got my vote. Purely for the fact i lvoe a player who loves the club. We all know how carra and stevie feel, but seeing Kuyt run his socks off during family problems and everything and just giving his all was a breath of fresh air for us.

long may it continue
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:26 pm

I've gone for Agger , purley because he's been throw into a new defensive partnership and has more or less replaced sammi. He hasn't put a foot wrong and looks like he's been playing there for years. He has had an outstanding season. Obviously playing next to carra will make it easier for him , but considering he has broken avery good partnership up i have chosen him.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:31 pm

Im going for the legend Jamie Carragher also!

As Saint mentioned he had a bit of a shaky start...but then again so did the whole team.

From then on he has been solid as a rock and a player we should all be proud to have in our team.His individual performances lately against Man Utd and Barcelona have been nothing short of world class and deserve to be recognised more than they were talked about by pundits that salivate over John Terry.
Some of the last ditch tackles he made in crucial games have been as important as any goal we have scored this season.Its also clear to see Dan Agger is learning from him quickly..it would be great if one day soon he could be of the same quality!

Our best and most important player this season by a mile in my book.Its a pity his passion and attitude was not shared by the rest of our squad throughout the whole season!

Jamie Carragher= THE DOGS BALLS!
:bowdown
66-1120597113

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:43 pm

Still a touch too early for this kind of stuff, for me.  A lot of our season now rides on how we go in the CL and so I'll be waiting to see who steps up in that competition in the coming weeks.  Suffice to say, however, that most of the options are a little underwhelming this time round. :(
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:24 pm

Like Bad Bob says, probably a bit too early as there's potentially some huge CL games yet to be played.

So far though, Carragher's been our best and most consistent player this season.  Some pundits are even suggesting England should go 3 at the back to accomodate him as a permanent fixture in the England team alongside Ferdinand and Terry.  I don't necessarily agree with that but it just shows how well he's done for us.  It used to be just LFC fans that appreciated how well he was playing, but other people are noticing too now.

I'd also give special mention to Agger who's played really well alongside him.  I think Kuyt's done well, hasn't scored that many but his all-round game's impressive I think.  Considering he came from the Dutch league, the Premiership's a big step up.  I think he'll get better and better for us.  I'll also mention Reina, had a horrible start to the season but he's recovered really well and now has an impressive clean sheets record this season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:55 pm

It the obvious choice for me ladies and gents - gotta be Carra.

Carragher has had as much a transitional season as he has an outstanding one. He is now number 1 center back having replaced Sami and he has never once looked out of place nor out of his league. Infact, its had the opposite effect - his performances have been even better since he has become the leading defender. He has made extraordinary players look ordinary and I don't think i've seen a more consistent defender since Maldini in his heyday.

He has also played a massive part in bringing Agger 'through' to the first team with little fuss or hassle. Agger hasn't made any mistakes of note thus far and he has played a number of games. Carragher's influence has been a rock for Agger and has mean't we have seen him play his game without fear and with bags of confidence.

Just to add a bit of debate, I also believe that it should be Carragher that should be captain of the team as well. Gerrard for me, especially this season, goes missing for huge swathes of a game (I was literally screaming at the telly during the Villa game when Gerrard gave the ball away stupidly for the upteenth time) and while I appreciate the impact he can (and has) have on the team I don't think he has the 'full set' of leadership qualities to sometimes pull us out of the mire in certain games. Carragher IMO does and is always a prominant leader on the pitch more consistently than Gerrard.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:48 am

So far it's Carragher - absolutely no contest whatsoever.

But as has been pointed out quite correctly - there's a fair way to go yet.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:49 am

carragher by a long chalk, i remember a few years ago this guy getting slated and people saying he will never be good enough, the best central defender in the league by far now
112-1077774096

Postby Big Niall » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:51 pm

Carraghe 1st - Finnan 2nd - Agger 3rd.

Bellamy is our best attacking player. Kuyt  hasn't impressed me and i think Gerrard and Alonso have been a bit disappointing.

Sissoko improved his defensive skills but his attacking ones are apalling.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:17 am

Its a tough choice,

My personal choice is Kuyt because of his work rate and ability even tho his goal scoring isnt as good as it was in holland,

Agger is an outstanding player, well he has to be to keep hyypia out of the squad

Sissoko, well the name speaks for itself
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:18 pm

I've based my decision on not necessarily who was the best player, but what I expected from that player at the start of the season & how they've delivered compared to that.

So I've gone for Agger. For me, every other player on that list has disappointed compared to my expectations at the start of the season. Back in August most people wouldn't have even considered that Agger would be on a shortlist for player of the season, the lad's come on leaps & bounds. Like others have said though, the season's not over yet, so my choice might change between now & then.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby passenmove » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:24 pm

As a few have said it is a little early to be voting yet considering some of the CL games left along with the PL games.

Coming up now are important games and this is where players of the season come into their own. There are factors involved in picking a player of the season and I trust that most people know what they are which, amongst those there are possibly two players in the frame being JC and DK both of them for different reasons.

Carra is one of our main stays and consistently plays well with unquestionable passion. Kuyt however for his first season has  impressed with his work ethic although his goal return hasnt been prolific as yet, he again plays with passion for the club. There maybe one or two more to add to the list but again the next 8 weeks can make a big difference. Whoever it maybe the accolade will be thoroughly deserved.
GOLDEN PAST RED FUTURE
passenmove

Postby jkop » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:23 pm

My votes for Carra, he has been immense in defence, and how hes not first choice for England is beyond me.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls