January
38%
Stoke, Fulham, West Ham
50%
Arsenal, Hull City, Villa, Spurs
13%

Total votes : 16

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:46 am

which set of negative results was the most damaging to our chances of winning the title?

not winning a game in January: failure to break down stoke (again), allowing that little c*nt to score in the 87th minute in the derby, and "the Lucas incident."

OR

Failure to score even a single goal vs. Stoke, West Ham, or Fulham.

OR

not so embarassing draws AWAY to Arsenal and Aston Villa. and then a flukey loss the Spurs when we had it won and a semi flukey draw at home to a decent Hull City side

I know its not in chronological order, but I'm the poll maker so I make the rules.
JoeTerp

Postby bigmick » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:36 am

The Stoke west Ham and Fulham games for me Joe. Although as I've said before, our decision to not go all out for the win at the Emirates when Adebayor was incorrectly sent off, and Fabregas was unluckily carried off, was the moment thatmy belief we had a good chance of winning the league ebbed away.

The Arsenal game for me was the reason we'll continuously fall short in a microcosm.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:57 pm

That 0-0 we had with Villa was a disgrace, and the Hull game, so that's what I'm going for.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:49 am

its got to be the draws at home, 6 I think. We would of been better off if we had won three of them and lost three. Dropping 12 points at home is not good.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 am

Ultimately draws are costing us, twenty points dropped through draws and way too many of those at home.

You could argue January was when the mancs caught up with us, but only those not paying attention would have not known that they had games in hand so were in a false position. We should have won those home games, six additional points would have put us clear and given us the cushion over the mancs games in hand and run of form. Not sure why you've thrown in spudz, villa, arsenal and hull, those are all sides capable of getting results against us any season, exception maybe hull who got a draw through tactically outsmarting 'mr tactics' and attacking a weak LB. Brown then blew it by sacrificing that advantage when they lost their RB to injury, otherwise I reckon they may well have got a third and finished us off.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football Related Polls