Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Duff or wright-phillips?

Duff
31%
Wright-Phillips
69%

Total votes : 42

Postby ken_job » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:25 pm

i was saying that before as well joependo, if we're in for SWP why not try and get both.

OR, in the eventuality SWP signs for Chelscum why do we not go for Bradley. boys class act in his own right.
ken_job

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:59 pm

why is this still being discussed now? since gerrards staying we wont be getting either of them
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:01 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:lets get into a <a href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=219' target='_blank'>bidding</a> war with Chelsea.  Even if we dont get him at least make them tw@ts pay as much as possible for him

Yes, well said!  :D

I would take either one.  Both are great wingers and would contribute to our team greatly.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:51 am

we cant buy swp he will cost to much and anyway chelsea are bidding for him forget it, and there is know way chelski will sell duff to us now.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:34 am

yeah exactly this discussion should be over now, we have no chance of getting hold of either of these players now stevie is staying
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:54 am

This is a pointless poll since we'll be getting neither player. But if i'd the choice i'd go for wright-phillips cos we've got a serious problem with the right wing. We've got 4 players whose best position is left wing(zenden, kewell, luis garcia, riise) and we've only got nunez, le tallec and garcia for the right. We need a natural right winger and duff is definitely not that
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:09 am

What about Joe Cole? Everyone forgets him. I have ALWAYS rated him. And as for the right wing problem, now we don't have Smicer either so as Stappo said, a new NATURAL right winger needs tobe found. Maybe someone like Bellamy? He is good, speedy, attacking and a natural born goalscorer and if we snatch him away from the grip of Everscum then that would also be amusing, plus he's a steal of a deal at £5million. On the bad side, he does tend to like those cards given by the refferee.
Another alternative is to push Finnan up to RM and get Barragan in RB or even Gonzalez  as a right mid! The options are quite varible now we have bought those two "young guns".
Good Things Come To Those Who..........Wait

Steven Gerrard         Rafa Benitez 
The Great Escape & The Italien Job
Pie

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:15 am

its obvious that rafa is now bulking up the squad with these young players, giving himself more options and giving the team greater depth and it looks like hes going to further strengthen the squad with the signings he said will be made this week. looks like he is trying to make it so we wont get another problem like last year when we had the injury crisis and didnt have enough depth in the squad to play all the champions league games, cup games and premiership games efficiently.  i wonder who rafa will be bringing in next, which players will he bring in that will be first team regulars? i think we need a central defender and right winger. i am excited to see what players rafa will bring in
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:20 am

Pie wrote:What about Joe Cole? Everyone forgets him. I have ALWAYS rated him. And as for the right wing problem, now we don't have Smicer either so as Stappo said, a new NATURAL right winger needs tobe found. Maybe someone like Bellamy? He is good, speedy, attacking and a natural born goalscorer and if we snatch him away from the grip of Everscum then that would also be amusing, plus he's a steal of a deal at £5million. On the bad side, he does tend to like those cards given by the refferee.
Another alternative is to push Finnan up to RM and get Barragan in RB or even Gonzalez  as a right mid! The options are quite varible now we have bought those two "young guns".

Unfortunately, gonzalez' preferred position is let midfield AND he's injured until october and barragan is 18 and probly not ready to play first team football for lfc cos he never did for sevilla. I'm confident that we'll see the best of josemi next season and finnan will be pushed to the limit for the right back slot. I'm sure rafa will buy a decent right midfielder by the end of summer but it wont be swp or duff
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:36 am

in the meantime ive just read this:

THE team playing Liverpool in the Champions League are so desperate for "quality" players they are advertising on the internet.

Welsh champions TNS have posted an ad for recruits ahead of their sell-out match at Anfield on July 13. They describe it as "a unique opportunity" for "players of real quality".

:laugh:  :laugh:
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:45 am

ALONSO_14 wrote:in the meantime ive just read this:

THE team playing Liverpool in the Champions League are so desperate for "quality" players they are advertising on the internet.

Welsh champions TNS have posted an ad for recruits ahead of their sell-out match at Anfield on July 13. They describe it as "a unique opportunity" for "players of real quality".

:laugh:  :laugh:

I'll sign a one week contract if i can play at anfield  :laugh:
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:34 am

:D :D :D
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <