31%
I prefer the idea of a salary cap
48%

Total votes : 29

Postby ALONSO » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:02 am

poll
ALONSO

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:13 am

i chose option 3. but then again its the same thing as option 1. isnt it  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:40 am

red37 wrote:i chose option 3. but then again its the same thing as option 1. isnt it  ???

No..  :D

Salary cap/transfer cap
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:41 am

I prefer the idea of a salary cap
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:48 am

GOAT wrote:
red37 wrote:i chose option 3. but then again its the same thing as option 1. isnt it  ???

oh  :D  "not got me readin head on aunt sally ya see"

btw Goat..there must have been seconds between us on that lobos thread...sos m8 ..  though ill probably get shafted for it...seeing as it was a pile of cack!  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:07 pm

red37 wrote:
GOAT wrote:

oh  :D  "not got me readin head on aunt sally ya see"

btw Goat..there must have been seconds between us on that lobos thread...sos m8 ..  though ill probably get shafted for it...seeing as it was a pile of cack!  :D

Oh did my thread get deleted? Yew b@stard!  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:19 pm

This has been done on here before and the sensible option is the salary cap. Pay your top player 100k per week if you want but be aware that you have just used up 25% of your annual budget. Two more guys on 50k per week and you'd better start looking around for some cheap/local options.
Only four teams can possibly win the Premiership this year and arguably significantly less than that. Similarly, average teams don't win the cups anymore either. This is wrong plain and simple. Given that tickets for matches are so expensive, why shouldn't a Fulham fan be able to dream about Champions League qualification or a Man City fan dream of FA Cup glory. It would be easy to administer and instantly effective, it ought to happen.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:33 pm

why shouldn't a Fulham fan be able to dream about Champions League qualification

cos they're cr@p??

or a Man City fan dream of FA Cup glory

see above
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:48 pm

:D Yes Ok fair enough.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:52 pm

Salary Caps give rise to dodgy dealings and corruption allegations..... Have a look at Rugby League, they've had a salary cap for a few years now but the top teams are still winning all the trophies. I hear alll sorts of rumours about under the table payments and undeclared monies that take place to secure the services of the top players at the top clubs......
                                                                                       :cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:53 pm

bigmick wrote:Similarly, average teams don't win the cups anymore either.

funnily enough, that's not what they're saying up here in boro :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:26 pm

salary capping would just mean a glut of footballers releasing books and doing naff adverts to raised extra mony to keep them in bentleys

oh that's already happening!! footballers wages are out of this world now, when a w@nker like robbie savage is on cribs driving a lambo you know that they are getting over paid

in the past it was clubs that were rich, but the tv explosion of sky has made them into household stars and they are cashing in on it,would i given the chance?   hell yes
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:42 pm

Free market....

You should be able to pay whatever it is you want to whomever it is you think deserves it....

Probably an unpopular opinion but that's what our political system is built on.....
Otherwise, we'd all be commies.... :D
ConnO'var

Postby Kukilon » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:01 pm

Sports is one of the few instances where I think it's ok to heavily limit the "market economy" there should be rules on both transfer capping and salary capping. Any club caught with paying under the table should be banned for a couple of years.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:58 pm

not sure if this already happens, but I doubt it, but what about implementing a revenue sharing program as well as a soft cap with a luxury tax. any time a team pays a transfer fee for a player 10% of it or whatever number works, the team would have pay extra to a pool divided evenly over all the teams in the prem.  A number would also be established for weekly wages as the "cap" and for every pound over the team would have to match and put in the same pool.  This way Chelsea can still pay over the odds for whoever they want, but if they player turns out to be sh.ite then it actually has a chance to hurt them because they have just strengthened all the other teams purchasing power.  Should improve the competition within the prem, which should attract more casual fans, which means more money for everyone, which would inturn be used to draw even more world class players away from their european teams, coupled with the fact that now 6, 7, or 8 teams might now say they have a legit shot at the title.
JoeTerp

Next

Return to Football Related Polls