Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:42 am wrote:I hate Andy Carroll ,but love Peter Crouch ..... Who am I ?

Andy Carroll's girlfriend?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:58 am

RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:56 pm wrote:But mate, no one is scoring goals. The whole team is playing badly and have been for sometime. Do you really believe that is all down to Andy? I'm not sure why people keep singling out Andy. He's 23, new to the club (yes, a year and a half is still 'new')
and has been played inconsistantly in an inconsistent team that is still learning to play together. Widen your view. Andy's part of a failing team, not an individual on a one man mission to F us up.

Our win record of 6 in 9 was far better when Suarez was banned than for any other time this season! Is Carroll intimidated by Suarez in the same way that Mascha and Alonso possibly intimidated Lucas. I WISH I KNEW THE ANSWER!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:04 pm

[quote="

H & G and Hodgson certainly have got a lot to answer for!

How much did Kenny have to do with buying Carroll and selling Torres? Very little in my opinion so I think you need to also include Comolli and his team of scouts in your list of possible culprits.[/quote]

Good point, ammended accordingly.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 pm

RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:15 pm wrote:
D___C » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 pm wrote:Btw for the carroll apologists... he is one part of the problem (the other midtable signings aint good enough either)

Kenny signed midtable level players.. and thats just where we sit.

Who's to blame, Kerry?
A) Carroll.
B) Carroll and other new signings.
C) Dalglish for signing Carroll and other new signings.
D) H&G
E) Hodgson
F) All of the above
G) All of the above and more.

I'd really like to know.

Assuming you aint being sarcastic asking an obvious question.. the answer is C

The responsibility lies with the manager.. he lives or dies by his decisions, especially signings, and Kenny has bought terribly.

I want to say that the length of time out of the game has affected his decisions in the transfer market with his buy average british policy... but at Newcastle he signed Jon Dahl Tomasson, Stephane Gui'varch, and Andreas Andersson... and effectively killed the upward curve Newcastle had been on for the five years previous.

Dont ask Newcastle fans what they think of Kenny Dalglish.
D___C

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:38 pm

D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:15 pm wrote:
D___C » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 pm wrote:Btw for the carroll apologists... he is one part of the problem (the other midtable signings aint good enough either)

Kenny signed midtable level players.. and thats just where we sit.

Who's to blame, Kerry?
A) Carroll.
B) Carroll and other new signings.
C) Dalglish for signing Carroll and other new signings.
D) H&G
E) Hodgson
F) All of the above
G) All of the above and more.

I'd really like to know.

Assuming you aint being sarcastic asking an obvious question.. the answer is C

The responsibility lies with the manager.. he lives or dies by his decisions, especially signings, and Kenny has bought terribly.

I want to say that the length of time out of the game has affected his decisions in the transfer market with his buy average british policy... but at Newcastle he signed Jon Dahl Tomasson, Stephane Gui'varch, and Andreas Andersson... and effectively killed the upward curve Newcastle had been on for the five years previous.

Dont ask Newcastle fans what they think of Kenny Dalglish.

I'm not being sarcastic. Just trying to figure you out a bit. So in light of your answer C, does this then mean you're gonna let Carroll off the hook since he took a chance that almost anyone would take...a move to a huge club with a history and reputation of honour, unity, passion and pride, and of course the lovely pay rise? Is Carroll still cr*p? Could a different manager get more out of Carroll, or would you be expecting his replacement to sell/loan Carroll? Or maybe a new manager could get more out of the likes of Adam, Downing, Gerrard and Hendo thus providing the lifeblood service to our strikers?
RedAnt

Postby heimdall » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:42 am wrote:I hate Andy Carroll ,but love Peter Crouch ..... Who am I ?

Someone who enjoys watching a striker with some talent as opposed to watching £35 million go up in smoke?
heimdall

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:49 pm

heimdall » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:46 pm wrote:

Someone who enjoys watching a striker with some talent as opposed to watching £35 million go up in smoke?

Any idea how bad Peter Crouch was when he was Carroll's age?
RedAnt

Postby Kukilon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:23 pm

RedAnt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:49 pm wrote:

Any idea how bad Peter Crouch was when he was Carroll's age?

I played against him once when he was 19-20... wasn't great by any means but still difficult to play against. He seemed to enjoy drinking beer though since we met him at the pub afterwards.  :buttrock
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:32 pm

No ...let me elucidate ,someone who actually loathes Big Andy with an obsessive zest, and regularly and without any hesitancy throws up
Peter crouch as an example of a clinical striker .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:28 pm

RedAnt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 pm wrote:I'm not being sarcastic. Just trying to figure you out a bit. So in light of your answer C, does this then mean you're gonna let Carroll off the hook since he took a chance that almost anyone would take...a move to a huge club with a history and reputation of honour, unity, passion and pride, and of course the lovely pay rise? Is Carroll still cr*p? Could a different manager get more out of Carroll, or would you be expecting his replacement to sell/loan Carroll? Or maybe a new manager could get more out of the likes of Adam, Downing, Gerrard and Hendo thus providing the lifeblood service to our strikers?

Again.. are you serious? Theres no blame on any player that they are at a club. The responsibility lies with the person who brought them to the club

Aint convinced you are serious.
D___C

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:57 pm

D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:28 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 pm wrote:I'm not being sarcastic. Just trying to figure you out a bit. So in light of your answer C, does this then mean you're gonna let Carroll off the hook since he took a chance that almost anyone would take...a move to a huge club with a history and reputation of honour, unity, passion and pride, and of course the lovely pay rise? Is Carroll still cr*p? Could a different manager get more out of Carroll, or would you be expecting his replacement to sell/loan Carroll? Or maybe a new manager could get more out of the likes of Adam, Downing, Gerrard and Hendo thus providing the lifeblood service to our strikers?

Again.. are you serious? Theres no blame on any player that they are at a club. The responsibility lies with the person who brought them to the club

Aint convinced you are serious.

Kerrys fu'ckin gutted hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Up yer bum!
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 pm

BIG BIG GOAL BY ANDY TODAY!!!! :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:08 pm

chuffed for the lad but I'm still convinced it'll be Suarez or Carroll, I don't think they can co-exist
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 pm

My MOTM today, regardless of the fact that I live in California.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Raoul » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:23 pm

He played well today, not sure if he was MOTM but he worked hard and the goal was a fair result for a very good shift.

ethanr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 pm wrote:regardless of the fact that I live in California.

:bowdown
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion