Meat

Please post your Non football related Polls in this forum

Your favourite Steak and how do you like it cooked ?

1 Fillet
18%
2 Sirloin
13%
3 Rump
8%
4 Ribeye
16%
5 T Bone
No votes
6 Rare -bloody
8%
7 Medium rare - pink
18%
8 medium - just past pink
11%
9 medium well - grey
8%
10 Well done - cremated
No votes

Total votes : 38

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Wagyu !

Never had it but remember reading about it.

Wagyu aka Kobe beef. It's not a cut of beef but refers to the actual beast, although given it's breeding I'm sure any steak, fillet, sirloin etc etc would be superb .

During their upbringing the cattle are apparently fed loads of beer, only top quality grain and are given regular massages !

Christ sake that's a life most of us only dream of !  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:29 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:47 pm wrote:Wagyu !

Never had it but remember reading about it.

Wagyu aka Kobe beef. It's not a cut of beef but refers to the actual beast, although given it's breeding I'm sure any steak, fillet, sirloin etc etc would be superb .

During their upbringing the cattle are apparently fed loads of beer, only top quality grain and are given regular massages !

Christ sake that's a life most of us only dream of !  :D

Wagyu beef is heavenly Woof, f*cking expensive but heavenly! I love it medium well, although my old man takes it rare and criticises me for eating a shoe  :D

Have it with a bottle of French wine and you've got yourself a dinner!

What type of side dish would you have it with though? I had it once with a creme brulee mashed potato kind of dish (sounds posh because it is :D ) it was fantastic
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:33 am

You just can't go past a tender piece of rump

Now what are we discussing in this thread. :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:51 am

steaks :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:35 am

All  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:06 am

amazed at some of the choices lads  :eyebrow
the wife's family are farmer's and we get a half a cow every year butchered for €150.
the prime cuts are (1) fillet (2) sirloin (3) t-bone (4) ribeye (5) rump. we get the fillet, sirloin and t-bone and mince the rest  :nod 
cant believe no one voted for t-bone.  :glare:  what kind of people are you's at all  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:28 am

red till i die!! » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:06 am wrote:amazed at some of the choices lads  :eyebrow
the wife's family are farmer's and we get a half a cow every year butchered for €150.
the prime cuts are (1) fillet (2) sirloin (3) t-bone (4) ribeye (5) rump. we get the fillet, sirloin and t-bone and mince the rest  :nod 
cant believe no one voted for t-bone.  :glare:  what kind of people are you's at all  :D

Fillet and Sirloin FTW

t-bone too much fat, not my cup of tea.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:53 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:06 am wrote:amazed at some of the choices lads  :eyebrow

:D

Must admit, When I lived in South Africa every friday night was Steakhouse night and my order was always T-Bone steak medium rare with "monkey gland" sauce, don't know if the sauce actually had any monkey in it but it tasted great.

Back in the UK, T.Bone steaks weren't cheap and come the mad cow outbreak meat "on the bone" was banned, so even if you wanted a T-Bone you couldn't get one.

That's when I had to settle for Sirloin or occasionally Fillet, not that I'm complaining   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Made a juicy Fillet steak the other night, the marination was excellent (lots of barbecue and balsamic vinegar :D)

Cooked it to medium, had a nice pink color inside

:nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:18 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:53 pm wrote:

:D

Must admit, When I lived in South Africa every friday night was Steakhouse night and my order was always T-Bone steak medium rare with "monkey gland" sauce, don't know if the sauce actually had any monkey in it but it tasted great.

Back in the UK, T.Bone steaks weren't cheap and come the mad cow outbreak meat "on the bone" was banned, so even if you wanted a T-Bone you couldn't get one.

That's when I had to settle for Sirloin or occasionally Fillet, not that I'm complaining   :D

I go to South Africa once a year with work. I have a lot of respect for people, like South Africans, who love red meat so much. I mean, in South Africa, if you don't eat red meat you are basically telling them you are gay.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Red meat is the way to go.  Give me any kind of steak bloody with some kind of marination or spices, and it's fantastic.

I cooked for my roommates a while back, one is from the Congo and a few were from China (I'm a college student). They claimed I was trying to kill them.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:04 pm

ethanr » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:58 pm wrote:Red meat is the way to go.  Give me any kind of steak bloody with some kind of marination or spices, and it's fantastic.

I cooked for my roommates a while back, one is from the Congo and a few were from China (I'm a college student). They claimed I was trying to kill them.

Classic American Ribs meat.... :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:44 pm

I actually prefer rump. as long as it's tenderised, seasoned and cooked to Medium it'll be lovely. touch it with peppercorn sauce and you'll be removing it from up your nose.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:32 am

Anyone thought about going vegetarian?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:51 am

maguskwt » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:32 am wrote:Anyone thought about going vegetarian?

Years ago I went vegetarian for about three months, was trying to impress a girl I'd hooked up with, she was vegetarian. Although the nights were good they were 90 of the most miserable days of my life  I eventually cured her of such foolishness and we both got back on the meat !   :D

Had a Chateaubriand last weekend 750 grams of beef heaven  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Non Football Related Polls