Stop moaning about buying new players. - We dont need anymore players.

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby supersub » Mon May 12, 2003 11:01 pm

I see you're blessed with the gift of Hindsight.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jaypap » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:02 pm

lads, we do not have a world class squad yet, we are not amongst the top 10 clubs in the world and we should be!
we need to get rid of those who dont cut it in this league and in europe and go and get some real talent to compliment our stars...for a start, cisse and kewel who will be shine from the very 1st day on the job. if we keep on relying on our 18 year old to develop we will not see sucess for another 6 years, and by then we will have fallen far behind the manu's and real's of this world...
and by the way, duff is not world class talent just because he looked good in a couple of games during the last world cup...rui costa is world class talent, so lets buy him!
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:38 pm

:D Rui Costa is world class but would he really leave milan european champions for us in the Uefa cup next season.
Duff might not be in that league in some peoples opinions but the way he was cutting through the spanish defence in the world cup suggests he could do it against the best.One thing is for certain he can do it in the premiership and would definetely provide something drastically missing at anfield..a pacy winger who can beat a man with skill and score goals. I say sign him before someone else does !!

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:32 pm

I'm not convinced Duff is the player everyone wishes him to be.He certainly isn't £20million worth of player.But who is?Kewel would have been the better option but we've got no money,until we sell.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:29 am

is that why we havent spent big money yet...?

what will kewel really cost us?
jaypap

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:56 am

ace
u make a practical point
and i agree, why would rui costa leave milan!
its not so much about rui costa in particular,  my gripe is with gh and that he doesnt like established stars coming into our side...
i know about ego's etc, but all the big clubs spend $$$ on big stars....
all the big clubs have got 6+ international superstars, and weve got 4!!!!
we need to match them, but gh doesnt like buying them, so we wait and we wait and we wait, wait for biscan and smicer and berger etc...to become stars...from all the small budget players he's ever bought, only dudek and hyppia have become world class...(henchoz isnt far off)
so if u look at dudek, biscan, smicer and berger, they cost us what one world class player would cost and we only have dudek to show for it...

i dont think this policy has worked...
last year the mancs spent 30 mill, improved their weakness and won the league...

we know our weakness, yet gh wont spend the money to improve it...he'll continue to play his negative cr#p and play the lads out of position....i dont get it!

do we even remember our last league title?
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:36 pm

I totally agree we do waste money on players that Gh doesn't seem certain on whether they will be first team regulars or squad players,another is Cheyrou,who looked great against the scum in the champ league a couple of seasons ago,but that was in a central position and we don't even play him there when we bring him on.We can't afford to spend 10 mill on Diouf 4 on cheyrou and then give them a season to bed in,its not like we plucked them for free from bournemouth  these are big buys who need to be making an impression straight away.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:11 pm

exactly ace
and if they turn out to be like berger or diomede
theyll be worth fuuuck all in 3 years and move to another club 4 nothing...and if not, gh will persist with them until he has no choice but to move them on...like heskey...if he doesnt perform this year with 16 goals from 25 starts and at least 7 winners and 4 against contenders then what will gh be hiding behind then?
will he be forced to move heskey on or not...if we dont win the league or at least play champions league the following season, will gh concede his crappy strategy?
the players he brings in are usually well performed against ordinary competition in the more ordinary leagues in europe...why doesnt he buy someone who has performed well in spain or italy...after all, theyre the players we'll be playing against if we make the champions league!
im not saying i disagree with spending small millions and taking a gamble on a diao or cherou, but spend big on at least 1 big game player from an established league and  a proven star...give us a real chance at success today while ur building on the future...
diouf, cherou, diao have to become top line performers this season, no excuses...i dont care much for servicable players...they can go and play for charlton and birmingham who want to finish mid table...we need players who want to win the league and that takes top preformers, not adequate performers!
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:36 pm

Right on the mark jaypap we should be buying an established player who would give the fans a genuine feel of excitement and relly scare the rest of the league. Cisse could do that,i really hope we do whatever it takes to bring him in and we don't waste anymore money on players who might not be good enough...after all isn't that why we have a youth system to see if we can bring promising talent into the side.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:26 pm

Houllier will have to tell us soon who the players are that he is about to sign who will have us on the edges of our seats.The anticipation is killing me.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:03 am

WE WILL FIND OUT SOON OR I'M GONNA MESS GH UP ...... :D
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:48 pm

i think that if gh had made contact with a big name player it wouldve leaked by now, do u really think he's in talks with someone without the media having any idea...
if he is, he's a genius at keeping it low key!
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:00 pm

If this Kewell transfer comes off he is a genius,cos we were never really linked with him,so that would be great business from manager and chairman.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:21 pm

Kewellmania was started by his agent over the weekend because Arsenal were the only club who had made Leeds an offer which they rejected.Today his agent says not only Arsenal want him but Liverpool,Manu,AC Milan,Barcelona and another club who want to remain nameless.Come on the mans playing poker with  a bluff hand.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jaypap » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:43 pm

i cant believe no club is genuilnly intersted in kewell...
he's a champion, im sure everyone can assess that much right?
isnt he worth 7 mill?
i think he's worth 15 mill considering the talent of outside left players goin round...
jaypap

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge