Liverpool vs Middlesborough 21/05 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Wed May 17, 2017 6:27 am

Final games of the season, our champions league final.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 am

Walk in the park 4-0. Boro are utter ***** and with nothing riding on this for them, will be even shitter. Need Watford to try and do us a favour v City so we can nip in for 3rd. Not complaining with 4th but don't what to chance it with the potential of drawing a tough team for the qualifier in August and also transfer targets may hold of signing until they know we are in the CL for sure
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed May 17, 2017 9:27 am

Doeboy » Wed May 17, 2017 7:27 am wrote:Walk in the park 4-0. Boro are utter ***** and with nothing riding on this for them, will be even shitter. Need Watford to try and do us a favour v City so we can nip in for 3rd. Not complaining with 4th but don't what to chance it with the potential of drawing a tough team for the qualifier in August and also transfer targets may hold of signing until they know we are in the CL for sure

I'm in the same mind set, Watford put 3 past Chelsea so I'm hoping they'll put in a similar effort in their last home game of the season against City.

Not convinced this will be an easy game. Same line up vs West Ham and we should be fine. Negredo might trouble us at set plays but they're a poor side who haven't scored many goals. We should be ok but I'm taking nothing for granted
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby killerp » Wed May 17, 2017 12:13 pm

I'm hoping Sturridge starts again and we do not revert to Firmino or Origi playing up top as a lone striker for this game.

I'll agree with those who say, if we can't beat an already relegated team with nothing to play for at home, we have no business in the Champions League.
killerp

Postby redshade » Wed May 17, 2017 2:22 pm

I'd keep the same line up we had against West ham. Couts in CM and Studge uptop. We need 3 points so no point faffing about.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed May 17, 2017 4:26 pm

I'll keep the same formation but replace Origi with Firmino...Divock was pretty useless anyhow.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:26 pm

I had a dream last night that we won 4-3. That wouldn't be my prediction but I think that despite winning, we will make hard work of it. I'm going 2-1, Couts to score in the final 10.
Franky000

Postby redshade » Fri May 19, 2017 8:30 pm

I'm going for 5-1. :D.

I honestly feel we will slaughter these lot. We will bang in the goals quick succession like we usually do.

I feel very optimistic about this one.

Couts 1
Studge 2
Lallana
Origi (89th min) :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 20, 2017 1:15 am

https://youtu.be/ax95vVNNusE

Pre match- Klopp press conference
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 am

It should be a comfortable win but we really need to score early to settle the nerves of the players and supporters. Some of there players will want to show their quality as this may be their last shot at the big time since they are relegated and they will have no pressure on them, still we should dispatch them easily.

Our players will have their families there and with the chance for CL football next year will keep the motivation high.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 20, 2017 2:07 pm

killerp » Wed May 17, 2017 11:13 am wrote:I'm hoping Sturridge starts again and we do not revert to Firmino or Origi playing up top as a lone striker for this game.

I'll agree with those who say, if we can't beat an already relegated team with nothing to play for at home, we have no business in the Champions League.

This situation can be tricky though, back in 1976 we only needed a draw away at already relegated Wolves to win the title but they went 1 up after about 10 minutes. We threw the kitchen sink at them but nothing would go in.
With about 10 minutes to go it started to dawn on us that this wasn't going to be our night, the sickening feeling that all that hard work was going down the drain (against a team that wasn't good enough to stay in the division to boot) was absolutely awful.
Just then in our own Aguero type moment Kevin Keegan scored, our fans went crazy running on the pitch and mobbing our players. Wolves brave resistance then collapsed and we ended up scoring 2 more in the last few minutes.
That was a very good Liverpool team as well, that season we won the League and the UEFA Cup and the following season the same side won the League again, the European Cup (CL) and got to the FA Cup final. They almost did the treble in an era when doubles happened twice a century so that Liverpool team were a serious outfit.
We shouldn't take anything for granted, the final day always throws up one or two surprises, we just need to make sure we are not on the end of any.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat May 20, 2017 8:03 pm

I do worry about a team who would view stopping us from CL football as their only trophy. They have no pressure, will want to leave with a bang and put themselves in the shop window but we should have enough for them. I understand why many would be nervous considering the season's ups and downs but I cannot see our boys at home with all riding on it letting it slip. Fingers crossed any way!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat May 20, 2017 10:18 pm

I'd be surprised if we slip up. Im hoping we finish them off by half time. Can't wait for tomorrow!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 20, 2017 10:26 pm

This is what i would like to see.

Mignolet

Clyne   Matip   Lovren   Milner

Can    Wijnaldum 

Coutinho

Lallana                  Firmino
            Studge

I'd slot in Firmino instead of Origi.
He plays well with Couts.
Last edited by redshade on Sun May 21, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 20, 2017 11:19 pm

This is the biggest game tomorrow and on paper it couldn't be any easier but we cannot be complacent. A lot of those players were looking forward to this fixture since they have been promoted and they have a few that will never get the chance again so they will be up for it. They have nothing to lose either as all the pressure is on us.
Stick with the same team that started last week and see if we can replicate the performance.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games