All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 02, 2023 9:15 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... ool-agenda

Happy he came out with this.  His punishment should be clear this time next week and hopefully its just a few match ban that doesn't carry into next season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 02, 2023 9:17 pm

kazza » Tue May 02, 2023 7:28 pm wrote:I remember when Tierney blew for half time when Mane was on a one on one with the keeper with 15 seconds to go…. against ManUre, I think we ended up losing that match 2-1. He was not punished for it and it made no real headlines, that is shocking refereeing though. That is not a matter of interpretation, that is as open and shut you will ever see.

I remember that. Think the excuse was that the time added on is just suggested time and not actual.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed May 03, 2023 8:50 am

I can fully understand Klopp’s frustration however, his behaviour was unacceptable for which he has now apologised.

Personally, I believe a lot of Klopp’s ill feeling towards Tierney is as a result of the penalty he failed to give Everton when they were playing Manchester City. The entire world of football could not understand how a very simple Rodri handball decision was not given. The importance of the decision was absolutely staggering. Everton desperately needed the point to avoid potential relegation whilst City desperately needed the 3 points to help them win the league title, at Liverpool’s expense. Manchester City went on to win the title by a single point from Liverpool !! Manchester City went on to beat Everton by a single goal. Chris Kavanagh on VAR also failed to tell Tierney to review his decision on the on pitch monitor which was almost as disgraceful as Tierney’s decision to not instantly give the penalty.It has been widely suggested that Kavanagh is a Manchester City supporter and his brother is a Manchester City season ticket holder. Kavanagh actually lives 5 miles from the Etihad.It has also been suggested that Paul Tierney is a Manchester United fan. He lives in Wigan, which is in Greater Manchester. As the Americans say you do the math !! And don’t forget that every single living Manchester United supporter would prefer that Manchester City win the league rather than Liverpool !! I know it is a game of ifs and buts, but on that particular occasion the consequences were frightening and people wonder why referees and officials get accused of being corrupt.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed May 03, 2023 9:24 am

From another fan page.

Klopp celebrates, gets booked.
Pep celebrates in Liverpool's subs faces, nothing happens.
Tierney comes up to Klopp and starts poking his finger into Klopp's chest before giving him a yellow. Can you imagine the outrage if Klopp had tapped Tierney in the chest!.
Two weeks earlier, Tierney booked Robertson for being elbowed in the face by his official. In fact, Tierney has produced more red cards for Liverpool than any other Premier League team.
Tierney failed to send Kane off last season after 19mins of a match that ended 2-2. Liverpool lost the league by 1pt.
Tierney also failed to award Everton a last minute penalty for the Rodri handball, something the referee's association later apologised for the "mistake". City won 1-0.
That's at least 4pts Tierney has affected the league outcome last season.
But let's take it further, did you know that over the last 4 seasons, a total of 144games, only ONE point is the cumulative difference between Liverpool and Man City, which is an amazing stat.
But here's the thing, Tierney has refereed 26 City Premier League matches in that time, with City having a near 90% win rate.
Tierney has refereed Liverpool 24 times over that period, and they have a 50% win rate.
How can two teams, so evenly matched over 144games have such a discrepancy in match outcomes when a certain Manchester born referee is in charge of their games!?
You know, it almost sounds like match fixing!
Ironically, Mike Dean, who was born on the Wirral and supports Tranmere, was never allowed to referee any Liverpool game for 15years pre Covid, as it was assumed he might have friends/family who were Liverpool fans..
Tierney however, has a father and brother who are Man City season ticket holders and they used to live within two miles of Maine Road!!
When Tierney has been asked about what football club he supported growing up, he never answered, deflecting by saying "I preferred Rugby anyway..."
There are so many 'coincidences' around Paul Tierney over the years with Liverpool, disallowing a Solanke winner that came off the player's chest, but Tierney ruled handball (ermm Rodri!!?).
A foul on Wijnaldum which should have been a red card, not given and the opponents directly score, costing Liverpool the game. Blowing for half time early (clock at 45min 47seconds with at least 1min of added time to play) when Manè was through 1-on-1 with De Gea!! Failing to give multiple clear penalties over the years, claiming player simulation, yet never booked a single Liverpool player for diving, as that would mean a game stoppage and free-kick, giving VAR chance to overturn decision on review. By continuing with play, VAR goes with the referee's on-field decision over 90% of the time.
Paul Tierney NEEDS investigating by an independent review body, as with so many highlighted errors being pointed out and he's never subject to any performance evaluation, it's clear someone high up in the PGMOL/Premier League/FA has got his back. It stinks of corruption!!
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed May 03, 2023 8:00 pm

If that castigation is even 80% correct then Tierney is an absolute disgrace.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 03, 2023 10:30 pm

I can't believe some actually condemn Klopp for this. Sure, it's bad for the club if he gets sent off and it might be better if he doesn't provoke the ref so he wouldn't get any suspensions, but Tierney is most definitely a corrupt blue manc, he's cost us many points and probably even a league title.

One of the major reasons for Man City to be where they are now is because of corruption and Tierney is their man on the field much like Howard Webb was for their neighbours. I can fully understand Klopp's reaction. Respect for refs goes out of the window if they're corrupt.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri May 05, 2023 1:08 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed May 03, 2023 8:24 am wrote:From another fan page.

Klopp celebrates, gets booked.
Pep celebrates in Liverpool's subs faces, nothing happens.
Tierney comes up to Klopp and starts poking his finger into Klopp's chest before giving him a yellow. Can you imagine the outrage if Klopp had tapped Tierney in the chest!.
Two weeks earlier, Tierney booked Robertson for being elbowed in the face by his official. In fact, Tierney has produced more red cards for Liverpool than any other Premier League team.
Tierney failed to send Kane off last season after 19mins of a match that ended 2-2. Liverpool lost the league by 1pt.
Tierney also failed to award Everton a last minute penalty for the Rodri handball, something the referee's association later apologised for the "mistake". City won 1-0.
That's at least 4pts Tierney has affected the league outcome last season.
But let's take it further, did you know that over the last 4 seasons, a total of 144games, only ONE point is the cumulative difference between Liverpool and Man City, which is an amazing stat.
But here's the thing, Tierney has refereed 26 City Premier League matches in that time, with City having a near 90% win rate.
Tierney has refereed Liverpool 24 times over that period, and they have a 50% win rate.
How can two teams, so evenly matched over 144games have such a discrepancy in match outcomes when a certain Manchester born referee is in charge of their games!?
You know, it almost sounds like match fixing!
Ironically, Mike Dean, who was born on the Wirral and supports Tranmere, was never allowed to referee any Liverpool game for 15years pre Covid, as it was assumed he might have friends/family who were Liverpool fans..
Tierney however, has a father and brother who are Man City season ticket holders and they used to live within two miles of Maine Road!!
When Tierney has been asked about what football club he supported growing up, he never answered, deflecting by saying "I preferred Rugby anyway..."
There are so many 'coincidences' around Paul Tierney over the years with Liverpool, disallowing a Solanke winner that came off the player's chest, but Tierney ruled handball (ermm Rodri!!?).
A foul on Wijnaldum which should have been a red card, not given and the opponents directly score, costing Liverpool the game. Blowing for half time early (clock at 45min 47seconds with at least 1min of added time to play) when Manè was through 1-on-1 with De Gea!! Failing to give multiple clear penalties over the years, claiming player simulation, yet never booked a single Liverpool player for diving, as that would mean a game stoppage and free-kick, giving VAR chance to overturn decision on review. By continuing with play, VAR goes with the referee's on-field decision over 90% of the time.
Paul Tierney NEEDS investigating by an independent review body, as with so many highlighted errors being pointed out and he's never subject to any performance evaluation, it's clear someone high up in the PGMOL/Premier League/FA has got his back. It stinks of corruption!!

Shocking

I have been going on about City buying results but it was only on gut feeling as there seem to be so many coincidences that went their way, I was just coming from a law of averages standpoint. That really lays it out. If the PL doesn’t want to do anything about it then the fans should. It’s the kind of thing that could go viral.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun May 07, 2023 12:43 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri May 19, 2023 7:03 am

https://youtu.be/sVG5qs2zy7w

Banned for two games and fined.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri May 19, 2023 7:21 am

redshade » Fri May 19, 2023 6:03 am wrote:https://youtu.be/sVG5qs2zy7w

Banned for two games and fined.

This is about the integrity of the PL and I’m not surprised they banded together. Apparently 20% of all matches he was involved in were our matches. It just seems beyond the law of averages. To be fair, you cannot run up to the 4th official and scream in his face, but it doesn’t that the ref is honorable either. The whole thing has made it seem that Klopp has an issue with him to anyone that was not watching the matches themselves.

When he blew for half time against ManUre with Mane on goal with fifteen seconds left is shocking. That is not a matter of opinion like was it a red or not, that was a breach of the rules. Injury time is a minimum not a maximum.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:04 pm

After a worrying summer when we cleared out our midfield and failed to bring in Caicedo and Lavia, Klopp was facing a potential second season outside of the of Top 4 and CL. The way he's created a new side with the same ethos as 2019 and growing self belief is nothing short of miraculous. A lot of it is down to his personal character and man-management, I'm not sure whether Pep Lijnders could have pulled it off so seamlessly.

Klopp's due to leave us at the end of next season... surely as his team will be approaching their prime he'll want to sign another contract extension? He's 56 (Lijnders is just 40)... come on Jurgen... another 2 years...

(Note Whispering Bob was 55 when he took over from Shanks so Lijnders has time on his side....)  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:06 pm

Reg » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:04 pm wrote:After a worrying summer when we cleared out our midfield and failed to bring in Caicedo and Lavia, Klopp was facing a potential second season outside of the of Top 4 and CL. The way he's created a new side with the same ethos as 2019 and growing self belief is nothing short of miraculous. A lot of it is down to his personal character and man-management, I'm not sure whether Pep Lijnders could have pulled it off so seamlessly.

Klopp's due to leave us at the end of next season... surely as his team will be approaching their prime he'll want to sign another contract extension? He's 56 (Lijnders is just 40)... come on Jurgen... another 2 years...

(Note Whispering Bob was 55 when he took over from Shanks so Lijnders has time on his side....)  :laugh:

Yup hopefully he will push it a lil more lol.  I'm also monitoring Xabi Alonso progress, doing really well at Leverkusen so far.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:17 am

The unknown quantity is when JK leaves at the end of next season will he take his bootroom team with him or simply walk away allowing continuity of succession and practises? I guess if they all go then it's worth investing in someone like Xabi but if Lijnders takes over then we have a chance to avoid the disaster of finding ourselves back at square 1.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:38 pm

Klopp leaving would worry me. Klopp is an emotional person and if the team is a winning team he may extend, the team is young enough. There will definitely be a withdrawal when Klopp leaves, not easy to replace the best manager in the world.

What we need is for the German National team to find proper success and manager so they don’t need Klopp. I think that is the only thing that will stop him extending. He will also find that being a National team coach does not have the day to day intimacy and relationship with the players. He seems born to be a Liverpool manager and just like players that move on and miss the fans, Klopp will too.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:56 pm

kazza » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:38 pm wrote:Klopp leaving would worry me. Klopp is an emotional person and if the team is a winning team he may extend, the team is young enough. There will definitely be a withdrawal when Klopp leaves, not easy to replace the best manager in the world.

What we need is for the German National team to find proper success and manager so they don’t need Klopp. I think that is the only thing that will stop him extending. He will also find that being a National team coach does not have the day to day intimacy and relationship with the players. He seems born to be a Liverpool manager and just like players that move on and miss the fans, Klopp will too.

If Klopp wins the title this season, he'll definitely want another crack at UCL.
All depends what his mindset is after that, like you said the National coaching job is a lot less tiring than club footy.
I'd love it if Klopp can finish off overtaking United, if we win this season it's 20-20. Klopp definitely deserves more EPL titles.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion