ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:29 pm

I've always liked Bobby. He's been a brilliant player for us and is tremendously talented.

If he wants to run down his contract and move on, that's fine with me. He's always given his all for the shirt.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:35 pm

Bobby Dazzler!

Only Erling Haaland (23) has more goal involvements for a Premier League club in all competitions this season than Firmino, who has eight goals and four assists to his name.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:00 pm

It's impossible not to like Bobby, his smile lights up the whole of Liverpool. Literally.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:16 pm

End of a wonderful 8 years. Helped us win it all and gave us moments of joy on the pitch that got us off our feet. Without players like Bobby football can be a little boring at times. Also a unique forward who got the best out of his fellow attackers. Imagine there will be tears in his final game.

James Pearce - Roberto Firmino will leave Liverpool when his contract expires at the end of the season. The Brazil international had been offered an extension to stay at Anfield beyond this summer, but after considering his options he has decided to pursue a new challenge.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:32 pm

He was the glue that kept Salah and Mane’s egos under control, his selflessness is what made that trio the best in the world.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:42 pm

Fantastic player for us that was an important part of our best forward line in recent years. Best of luck to him in the future.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:45 pm

Definitely a good signing for what we paid and what we got out of him but it is time for him to move on. He will move to a slower league which will suit where he is at in his career. He will always be a fan favourite and remembered for his contribution.

Personally I am happy to see him leave because his fitness isn't what it was. He is one of the players Klopp burnt out a few years ago and has been struggling since. Now it gives us a good opportunity to replace him with a similar quality player which is what the team needs. If we replaced him with Mount I think that would be a brilliant move.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:45 pm

Pretty sure Gakpo was the replacement for Firmino. With Gakpo added to Salah, Diaz, Nunez and Jota, Elliott also able to play in attack, plus Carvalho, Doak, and hopefully Kaide Gordon getting over his injury problems, I can't see us going for another senior attacker. 5 senior players for 3 positions plus utility options and hot prospects is enough. Attack is the one area we have gone hard at replenishing in recent windows so I think our summer resources will be focused elsewhere.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:22 pm

Bobby was a pleasure to watch from start to finish. His smile was infectious, his attitude superb. Let's hope we sign another 100 Bobbys.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:00 pm

He leaves as a genuine legend of this club, he was the central cog of a brilliant front 3 which led us to our first title in 30 years and went incredibly close on 2 other occasions.
That front line also led us to 3 CL finals and a Europa League final too.
He’s in his 30’s now but in his prime Bobby was a hard working, skilful, deep lying CF who regularly shoulder barged CB’s off the ball to win the ball high up the pitch. It’s been a pleasure and a privilege to watch him in a red shirt, the shenanigans of financially doped rivals may have robbed him of a few medals but they will not rob him of the heartfelt thanks, love and affection of all Liverpool fans, where ever you go in the world roberto, where ever the winds or tides take you , you will never walk alone my friend, you will never walk alone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:54 pm

He will leave us as a club legend, Bobby has been amazing these years. At first when Klopp kept playing him up top instead of Sturridge I felt like it won't work. Bobby was part of the trio that obliterated teams. He was an integral part of our attack and worked in unison with Salah and Mane. His work rate, technical ability has been key to our success.  When we had Bobby, Salah and Mane up top you always had confidence that we would beat any side. Sadly the legendary trio is coming to an end, all the best Bobby!!! LFC legend!

SOME OF BOBBYS' GOALS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0EnHDypgF0
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:06 am

Always one of my favourite players to watch at Anfield. His ball control is world class and on his day the ball would look like it's tied to his shoe laces.

He's played  huge role in our recent success and has won every domestic honour. He's a club legend.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:32 am

Great for the club until a couple of years ago when he lost hs legs. As with many players though, the club should have sold him 2 years ago as the club need the money....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 18, 2023 12:22 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12098177/Roberto-Firminos-dentist-reveals-Brazilian-requested-grade-one-white-teeth.html

I remember when he first did it, it looked like neon blue, I thought the tv was not working right. His teeth looked like the movie Tron.

Going to miss the player, going to miss the song.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:44 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion