Premier league fantasy football 10/11

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:41 am

Official Premier League Fantasy Football 10/11

Mods can you leave this in General Chat for a while for people to see, thanks

Who ever whats to join the league this year needs to enter the code 32050-11531

New rules for this year

1. Saved transfers carry over multiple Gameweeks

If you don't use your free transfer then it will carry over to the next Gameweek. New for this season - if you don't use the saved transfer in the next Gameweek then it will be carried over until you do.

You can never have more than one saved transfer. The wildcard is the only way to make more than two free transfers in a Gameweek. On that subject ...

2. An extra wildcard for the January transfer window

January and February can be a testing time for Fantasy Premier League managers with the transfer window open and the potential of fixture changes.

To help ease the pain we're introducing a second wildcard which can only be used between Gameweeks 23 and 27. This extra wildcard will be available straight after the start of Gameweek 22 (4 Jan 19:30) up to the Gameweek 27 deadline (12 Feb 11:30). The current wildcard can still be played at anytime.

3. Lose 2 points for an own goal

A player scoring an own goal will now lose 2 points. For full scoring details see the game rules.

All are welcome and the best of luck to everyone.

May the games begin............
Last edited by Dundalk on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:42 am

First Round Of Games

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:02 pm

We have a head to head league this year again were we play each other each week.

The code to enter this is  32050-23797
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Prone » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:04 am

Look good!

I shall sign up
Prone

Postby Owzat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:34 am

Have to think about it, my enthusiasm for fantasy anything has long since passed into not so much. Fantasy cricket is the macdaddy, but again it requires a lot of luck to get off to a good start, then too much thinking about transfers and timing.

Fantasy football might be better if you could pick one player from each club and make no transfers except in January, you then just have to take your chances with injuries. Want Torres and you have to risk him being injured as well as take all the points for goals.

And is it STILL set up daftly so that defenders get a bigger reward for scoring goals than they do for defending?!?!?!? Seems harsh someone should be penalised for an unlucky deflection into their own goal, while a striker can miss a sitter without being penalised. And can't they reward midfielders with a high pass completion rate? Say 1 point for every five percent over 85% completion? It would be nice if FPL could integrate more stats into their site and therefore the game. I reckon there should also be a team penalty for X yellow cards across a team, and a reward for zero yellow (or red) cards across the team in a gameweek.

Maybe even a bonus if your team "wins", and by that I mean scores more goals than the back five concedes combined in a week. Likewise a bonus for drawing and maybe a penalty for losing. Participants would then have to think more about balance. You could then have a league of teams by games "won" and to replace GD have total fantasy points or actual GD from the proposed method.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:34 am

Owzat wrote:Have to think about it, my enthusiasm for fantasy anything has long since passed into not so much. Fantasy cricket is the macdaddy, but again it requires a lot of luck to get off to a good start, then too much thinking about transfers and timing.

Fantasy football might be better if you could pick one player from each club and make no transfers except in January, you then just have to take your chances with injuries. Want Torres and you have to risk him being injured as well as take all the points for goals.

And is it STILL set up daftly so that defenders get a bigger reward for scoring goals than they do for defending?!?!?!? Seems harsh someone should be penalised for an unlucky deflection into their own goal, while a striker can miss a sitter without being penalised. And can't they reward midfielders with a high pass completion rate? Say 1 point for every five percent over 85% completion? It would be nice if FPL could integrate more stats into their site and therefore the game. I reckon there should also be a team penalty for X yellow cards across a team, and a reward for zero yellow (or red) cards across the team in a gameweek.

Maybe even a bonus if your team "wins", and by that I mean scores more goals than the back five concedes combined in a week. Likewise a bonus for drawing and maybe a penalty for losing. Participants would then have to think more about balance. You could then have a league of teams by games "won" and to replace GD have total fantasy points or actual GD from the proposed method.

Mate, if they introduced more stats into fantasy football we'd all be doomed to fail if you entered!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:37 am

There was no competition last time around... get your sht together this time around double Ds... :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Im in.. oh yes im in :D  .. damn I missed that emoticon
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby fivecups » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Dom1 wrote:Im in.. oh yes im in :D  .. damn I missed that emoticon

:Oo:  :O  :upside:  :upside:
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Done
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:28 pm

done.. and im gonna win.. taking all bets and dares as always
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Dont forget to enter the head 2 head league aswell

The code to enter this is  32050-23797
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:33 pm

I entered the other code you gave for head2head?
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby In and Out » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Scratch that I entered that code, what's the one at the top of the thread for?
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:34 pm

The normal league code is 32050-11531

There is another league were we play each other each week and get 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw

The code for this is 32050-23797
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum