Liverpool v Everton Saturday 21st October 2023

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:39 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:53 am wrote:As RTID mentioned early kick off after an international break it was hardly going to be a performance for the ages. Everton are actually in a decent run of form since they got a few of their players back from injury and are a million miles away from the pushovers of the early weeks of the season as well. Job done as far as I’m concerned. Like Eagle I thought Gravenberch looked superb until he tired

Isn’t Gravenbarch a DM, why play Mac Alister there if he is on the pitch
User avatar
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 5134
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:13 am
Location: Abu Dhabi

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:59 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:40 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:24 pm wrote:Can't complain about the three points. Well deserved win imo BUT !

Not sure where the "heavy metal" footy has gone  :(  Seems like it's now more "paint by numbers"

I know it's not easy to play against a brick wall defence but too often we're slow, pedantic and easy to read.

No doubt we have quality players, I'm just struggling to see any magic .

Still scratching my head about Mac Allister  and waiting for him to shine, in fairness to him even Virgil mentioned post match that Mac Allister isn't playing in his best/favoured position.

Makes me wonder if Endo should be given more of a go to show what he can do at DM .


Not loving Mc Allister at all in that role but think klopp might feel he's still the better option over Endo.  From what I have seen of him I don't think he's good enough tbh. Looks very slow, not a great passer and his control can be poor. His positioning was a bit suspect as well but I'd put that down to not knowing the system but you can't mask the other stuff.

I'm hoping that Brazillian lad comes in January.


Not sure about you're comments re Endo.  "Looks very slow, not a great passer and his control can be poor. His positioning was a bit suspect as well "

What the FK are you expecting from a DEFENSIVE midfielder ???   An Olympic Sprinter ? An Alexander Arnold passer of the ball ? If he had those qualities he'd be wasted as as a DM.

With the flair we have in the rest of midfield and up front gimme a determined crunch tackling DM  protecting the back line any day of the week .

As for "His positioning was a bit suspect as well"  :laugh:  tell me you're joking ? Jap captain , knows his job, only pass you get on this is that you admit he's not been given the chance to play in the system.

Only sensible thing you've said is "I'm hoping that Brazillian lad comes in January"

I agree  :nod , flagged him up in a comment some months ago as a definite improvement to the squad but little reaction from the mob in here.


I just don't think he's good enough and given the minutes he gets proves it imo. He's the only one suited to that role and the manager would rather play others out of position who are also learning the system ahead of him. What does that tell you ?

I stand by what I said in regards to his positioning, being slow and poor control until I see different. No I don't expect an Olympic Sprinter in that role but I do expect someone who has played in that position most of his career and was specifically bought for a role to actually get a game.

What is it that you think he will bring to the team ? I don't watch Japan or the lower leagues from Germany so maybe I'm at a loss here as to the lads true ability. I look at where he has played all his career and the level he's found himself at now and think it's a massive jump. That's why he's struggling to hold a position.
User avatar
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 8624
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:35 pm
Location: ireland

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:49 pm

Boocity » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:39 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:53 am wrote:As RTID mentioned early kick off after an international break it was hardly going to be a performance for the ages. Everton are actually in a decent run of form since they got a few of their players back from injury and are a million miles away from the pushovers of the early weeks of the season as well. Job done as far as I’m concerned. Like Eagle I thought Gravenberch looked superb until he tired

Isn’t Gravenbarch a DM, why play Mac Alister there if he is on the pitch


I’m no expert on him mate but as far as I am aware he is not specifically a DM by trade, more a generic box to box type. That’s my understanding anyway
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 12268
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:49 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:39 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:53 am wrote:As RTID mentioned early kick off after an international break it was hardly going to be a performance for the ages. Everton are actually in a decent run of form since they got a few of their players back from injury and are a million miles away from the pushovers of the early weeks of the season as well. Job done as far as I’m concerned. Like Eagle I thought Gravenberch looked superb until he tired

Isn’t Gravenbarch a DM, why play Mac Alister there if he is on the pitch


I’m no expert on him mate but as far as I am aware he is not specifically a DM by trade, more a generic box to box type. That’s my understanding anyway
Yeah Gravenberch was a box to box midfielder at Ajax that sometimes played as a CF. He went to Bayern and they play 2 CDMs instead of 3 in midfield and Gravenberch couldn't adapt to that role, and that's the reason he didn't play often and why they were happy to let him go for the price he did.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:32 pm
Location: Barnsley

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:55 am

I think whichever way you look at this Klopp has a proper DM lined up and MacAllister is a temporary solution. Hopefully January we'll see someone come in and Mac will revert to conventional midfield.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 13494
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:26 am

User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 13494
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:54 pm

Sad to hear of the passing of Bill Kenwright, he spoke at the Hillsborough memorial service once and stole the show. RIP to a thoroughly decent bloke.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 12268
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:54 am

Well said Yakka. Unfortunately it's another challenge for EFC to overcome, they have virtually no financial backers now and a new stadium to pay for.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 13494
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:38 pm

Reg » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:54 am wrote:Well said Yakka. Unfortunately it's another challenge for EFC to overcome, they have virtually no financial backers now and a new stadium to pay for.

And could be docked 12 points if the PL has its way.
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 6226
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Spread thin

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests